The Official Handbook of the Marvel Bunnyverse

teh bunneh

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The Official Handbook of the Marvel Bunnyverse

I got dibs on a Skrull who is pretending to be a clone of Snowbird shapeshifted into Walter Langkowski, but who is really a descendent of Guardian from another timeline in his Sasquatch styled Box armor. Ok?...oww it hurts!

I loved Alpha flight but I almost have myself convinced the whole team is just multiple incarnations of the same character...

Oh Alpha Flight certainly maxxed out on their psychological limitations.

Heroes (PCs)

This is a list of the PCs from both the Avengers: The Next Generation and the New Thunderbolts game. There were a couple of other PCs, but they are not listed here because they didn't participate for long enough in the game to leave a lasting mark (and I'm trying not to clutter up the universe too much). Effectively, they're retconned out. :)

Anyone listed as "Reserve" was an active PC but dropped out of the game for whatever reason. We hope most of them will be coming back soon.

--------------------

Arachne (Mary Parker)

Affiliation: The Avengers

The 15 (going on 16!) year old daughter of Peter Parker (Spider-Man) and Mary-Jane Parker. She's a mutant who inherited her father's powers (as well as his infamous bad luck).

Banner (Roger Leighton)

The son of Steve Rogers (Captain America) and Rachel Leighton (Diamondback), this young man's double-dose of the Super-Soldier formula boosted his physical, mental, and spiritual state to near-superhuman levels.

Black Knight III (Rosemund Whitman)

Rosemund was unaware of her heritage until the ghost of Sir Percy visited her one night and granted her the armor and sword of the Black Knight. Later, she learned that her mother was Sersi, meaning she was half-Eternal with access to the Power Cosmic.

Cinnabar (Barbara Maximoff)

Daughter of Victor Shade (Vision) and Wanda Maximoff (The Scarlet Witch), Cinnabar strives to balance her human half with her android half. She inherited an odd mix of powers from both parents.

Crusher (Carl Creel Jr.)

Affiliation: The New Thunderbolts (reserve)

The son of Carl Creel (The Absorbing Man) and Mary MacFadden (Titania), Crusher uses the powers he inherited from them to try to make up for the harm they did.

Doom (Eva von Doom)

Affiliation: The New Thunderbolts

The sole daughter of Dr. Doom, Eva lives incognito as an ordinary college student in America. She has her father's intellect as well as his gift for sorcery.

Dynasty (Geoffrey Marcus Kang)

Affiliation: The Avengers (reserve)

The grandson of Kang the Conqueror, Dynasty traveled to the 21st century to escape the tyrannical grasp of his grandfather as well as to learn what it is to be a hero.

Electron (Allison Dillon)

The daughter of Max Dillon (Electro), Electron tries to redeem her family name by doing using her powers to do good.

The Fighter (Georgette Batroc)

Better known as "Batroc ze Fightaire!", the daughter of Batroc the Leaper (Georges Batroc) was one of the world's most successful cat-burglars until she decided being a good guy would be more fun. A skilled martial artist, she uses many high-tech items (which she stole from various places) to battle evil.

Hornet (Brandon Pym)

The mutant son of Hank and Janet Pym, whose exposure to the Pym Particles in-utero brought about powers similar to those of his parents.

Iron Girl (Toni Stark)

The illegitimate daughter of Tony Stark (Iron Man), Antionette was the only one of his several children who showed any interest in continuing their father's legacy. Using her father's plans (and adding a few twists of her own) she built a suit of powered armor to fight crime as the Incredible Iron Girl!

Journeyman

The son of Hank Camp (Bulldozer), Journeyman inherited his father's powers and his mother's love for the Asgardians. He is a skilled artificer, creating wondrous items of rare magical power.

Ms. Marvel II (Katie Danvers)

The young daughter of Carol Danvers (Ms. Marvel) and (unknown to almost everyone) Wolverine. She has all of her mother's amazing strength, as well as a few tricks of her own.

Raptor (T'jaga, AKA Lucus Charles)

The only son and heir of T'challa (the Black Panther), T'jaga failed the sacred spirit-quest that would prove he was worthy to lead his country. In shame, he left for America to hone his skills so that next time he would be ready to meet any challenge.

Stilt-Girl (Betty Day)

As a child, Betty lost her legs during a superhero battle. She was adopted by Wilbur Day (Stilt-Man), who felt guilty over her injuries. When she was old enough, he gave her a suit of powered armor much like his own.

Heroes

Here's a list of the heroes who have made an appearance in the Bunnyverse (either on-screen or in PCs backgrounds). (Players: Please correct me if I miss someone or get something wrong! It's a lot for one bunneh to keep track of). :)

Black Knight II (Dane Whitman)

After many years adventuring, Black Knight retired to his family's estate in Great Britain. He hid away his armor and sword, hoping to never see them again. Much to his surprise, his somewhat irresponsible daughter took up the family heritage.

Black Panther (T'Challa)

T'Challa returned to his homeland to sit on the throne and rule his kingdom.

Captain America (Steve Rogers)

Captain America is still out there, fighting crime and defending the freedom of peace-loving peoples everywhere.

Daredevil (Matthew Murdock)

The law firm of Murdock & Nelson has been quite successful over the years, but the two founders of the company (and best friends) still find time to sometimes work pro-bono for the poor residents of Hell's Kitchen.

Iron Man (Tony Stark)

Tony Stark died several years ago, leaving his great estate to his three children: Mark, Andrew, and Toni. Mark went to Hollywood to be a producer, Andrew started an Internet company, and Toni became the Invincible Iron Girl.

Giant Man/Ant Man/Yellowjacket (Hank Pym)

Hank Pym gave his life to destroy the megalomaniacal robot Ultron shortly before the Avengers broke up for the last time.

Ms. Marvel (Carol Danvers)

Ms. Marvel stayed an active adventurer until just recently when she decided to take a desk job at SHIELD.

The Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff)

Following her beloved husband's death, the Scarlet Witch devoted herself to tracking down and destroying their insane son Antimony. Her current whereabouts are unknown.

Sersi

Always more interested in living a fun-filled life than fighting crime, Sersi remains a popular woman in the NYC party scene.

Shadowcat (Colonel Katherine "Kitty" Pryde)

Katherine Pryde (no one calls her Kitty any more!) is the head of SHIELD, hand-picked by Colonel Nick Fury as his replacement. She is a tall, lithe brunette with short hair and an upturned nose. She's in her late 30s, but her delicate features and freckled face give her a girlish look that makes her appear much younger than she is. However, she's got a hardness behind her eyes that tells anyone looking at her that she's seen a lot of difficult things, and survived them all. She looks very impressive in her spit-and-polish, form-fitting, dark blue SHIELD uniform. It's common knowledge that she was once a member of the famed X-Men, and despite a bit of anti-mutant sentiment in her early days as Director of SHIELD, she has proven to be a more than capable leader.

Colonel Pryde is one of the New Avengers' biggest backers. She fought hard to get the team reinstated, and personally vetted each member. She's been there almost every step of the way.

Spider-Man (Peter Parker)

After the birth of his daughter, Peter Parker decided it was time to hang up his uniform and devote himself to his family and his career. Is he aware that his beloved baby girl is really the Amazing Arachne? What, you think he's an idiot? Of course he knows.

The Vision (Victor Shade)

The Vision was brutally murdered by his own son shortly after the original Avengers broke up.

The Wasp (Janet Pym)

Along with her husband Hank, Janet Pym gave up her life to destroy the mad robot Ultron shortly before the Avengers broke up

Wolverine (Logan)

Logan disappeared off the radar more than a decade ago. Rumor has it that he was captured by one of his old enemies…

Wonder Man (Simon Williams)

Never really comfortable with being a costumed adventurer, Simon Williams finally moved to Hollywood to follow his dream of being an actor. He currently is the host of a popular late night talkshow, "Super Nights with Simon Williams".

The Spot II

Affiliation: None

The daughter of the original Spot, the new Spot has followed her father's less-than-illustrious turn as a criminal and ended up at Rykers' Island, courtesy of Banner.

Actually' date=' when first mentioned, I think she was declared to be going by The Dot, or Dottie. Though she might have changed to "The Spot II" to gain more dignity :D[/quote']

Actually, the name is Princess Angelina Contessa Louisa Francesca Banana-fana-bo-besca the Third. But you can call her Dot.

(Call her Dottie, and you die. :eg: )

:)

Hey' date=' now, donchaknow lotsa people would be likin' to play in that there Alpha Flight game. Youse guys stop makin' fun of the way them Canadians be talkin'. It ain't right! Now, I gotta go take the boot across the lake to go get some beer, eh.[/quote']

Right now, Lord Liaden, the Question Man, Scott Bennie, and Rod Currie are all working feverishly to prepare y'all's quick and painful deaths. Luckily for me, I've stayed out of all this nonsense.

Hosers. ;)

Hah! I grew up in Northern Minnesota on the Iron Range' date=' about an hour (if that) from Canada. I'm practically Canadian! I mean, except for the funny colored Monopoly money and all.[/quote']

Which is currently worth more than ours ;)

(I had to say it, you know one of the Canadians would have brought it up if I didn't ;) )

Hah! I grew up in Northern Minnesota on the Iron Range' date=' about an hour (if that) from Canada. I'm practically Canadian! I mean, except for the funny colored Monopoly money and all.[/quote']

Yeah, no, people from Minnesota, Wisconsin and da Yoopers have a real leg up on speaking Canadian, 'specially up Nort' dere. :D If you can get CBC on the radio, you're pretty much Canadian.

I grew up barely half an hour from the Canadian border along the Hi-Line of Montana. U.S. and Canadian coins mingled freely in my little town--even being accepted by all the vending machines. And, almost every Christmas my family'd head up to Medicine Hat and stay in a hotel that had an indoor water slide! It was the coolest thing to a little Montana town boy. :D

Then, in high school, I got to have my butt handed to me in ice hockey by the nice Canadian players. After they scored 10 or 15 points, they'd usually let us score a couple...we were so masochistic we would even go up there to away games to have our butts handed to us.

Yeah' date=' no, people from Minnesota, Wisconsin and da Yoopers have a real leg up on speaking Canadian, 'specially up Nort' dere. :D If you can get CBC on the radio, you're pretty much Canadian.[/quote']

CFAC and CISA (well, I think those were the call signs) were two of the three tv stations we could pick up on an aerial before we finally got cable, the other being KFBB out of Great Falls (if anyone's from the area).

Attaching a new copy of the list of villains, with updates and a new addition: "First appearance" lists when the character first appeared in the Bunnyverse. If it was in a PC's background, that's listed as "Cinnabar backstory" (for example). If the first appearance was in a HC story, the game (Avengers or Thunderbolts) and the title of the story is listed.

I've thought about how one would start a new Fantastic Four version in the Bunny verse, and in this case, I might try a 'repeat' of the basic 'hit by cosmic rays' with a different family/group of friends who end up getting the retired FF's blessing to take up the mantle. You could borrow from the MC2 and make them the Fantastic Five (allowing more players). It would take a lot more connection in character construction between the PCs themselves to make sure they had reason to be together from the get go, but might be interesting.

I've thought about how one would start a new Fantastic Four version in the Bunny verse' date=' and in this case, I might try a 'repeat' of the basic 'hit by cosmic rays' with a different family/group of friends who end up getting the retired FF's blessing to take up the mantle. You could borrow from the MC2 and make them the Fantastic Five (allowing more players). It would take a lot more connection in character construction between the PCs themselves to make sure they had reason to be together from the get go, but might be interesting.[/quote']

That's an interesting idea. I figured the FF would be made up of the kids of the originals. Franklin Richards (maybe married to one of the Power Pack girls?), Ben and Alicia's son, Johnny's got to have at least one kid...

(Johnny's daughter Jenny Storm was one of the villains in the original Thunderbolts story, but that got retconned out).

Oh, speaking of which, I remember two more people who made "guest appearances" in a T-boltz story...

Mr. Fantastic (Reed Richards)

Reed Richards lives in the Baxter Building, still working on his amazing inventions. His latest gadget: A refrigerator that uses a hyper-dimensional shunt to the Negative Zone to keep food cold.

The Thing (Ben Grimm)

Ben Grimm retired from the superhero business. He now runs a popular bar called "Grimm's Place" down on Yancy Street.

Mr. Fantastic (Reed Richards)

Reed Richards lives in the Baxter Building, still working on his amazing inventions. His latest gadget: A refrigerator that uses a hyper-dimensional shunt to the Negative Zone to keep food cold.

Ah, yes, from my favorite Bunnyverse quote by far, Eva von Doom prank calling the Baxter Building.

"Ooooh, I have an idea! Pass me the phone...

"Hello, is this the Baxter building? May I speak to Dr Richards please...

My name? My name is, uh, Madame Hydra. I'd like to tell him about my secret plans to destroy Kalamazoo. Why Kalamazoo? I guess the name annoys me... Yes, I'll hold.

"Yes, Dr Richards. I have a question for you...

"Is your refrigerator running?

"Oh...You don't? Thermal shunt from the Negative zone..Of course. So, no fridge. Really. I see. Um, well, never mind."

*click*

"Curse you, Richards!"

What do you think of an International team (including members of Alpha Flight of coarse)?

Here's my thought process: an international team was actually my first thought, but I couldn't recall a truly international team to base an homage campaign off of. The Soviet Super Soldiers came to mind, but they're still a centralized team, and one I really don't know much about. Alpha Flight has a touch of international flavor, but I'm much more familiar with them. If I get this campaign going (and it wouldn't be for a while. I think X:TNG deserves a chance to really get under way first. Besides, I don't know how many games I'd be in at that point) I think it would probably be a Canadian based team with international reach. But nothing has been decided yet.

Except for one thing: Puck is a small human being. That's it. Not a demon. Not a mutant. Not a... whatever the hell he is these days. Human.