Name that flag-suited hero!

BobGreenwade

Re: Name that flag-suited hero!

Considering what "Manifest Destiny" was used to justify in the past (with regards to America's expansion Westward and the subsequent treatment of the Native American people)' date=' that probably wouldn't be an association that any decent superhero would want made with his (or her) super-ID.[/quote']Not a flag-suit with a four-color mentality, no. I might use the name someday, though, for a mystical hero embodying a completely different aspect of "Destiny."

Captain Columbia (after one of the old appelations for the U.S. and our national mascot pre-Uncle Sam; there was a federal district between Maryland and Virginia that was named after it.)

Captain Washington

Captain Yankee (or Captain Yank)

Captain Columbia (after one of the old appelations for the U.S. and our national mascot pre-Uncle Sam; there was a federal district between Maryland and Virginia that was named after it.)

Captain Washington

Captain Yankee (or Captain Yank)

a KISS IDea

"The American"

• 5 weeks later...

Is it important that he remain a Capitan?

American Glory

American Herald or Herald America (Although there might be some confusion with the spelling of the Herald)

Founder Glory (I like this one for two reasons, one it implies that he is a source of pride in the US Flag and two it sounds like he finds the flag as his inspiration.)

Incarnation of Glory

Gallant Glory

Glory Shield (That is to say he is a protector of Old Glory not a shield bearing hero.)

Glory Born

Incarnation of Glory

National Glory

Spirit of Glory or Glory's Spirit

Standard Bearer (As in Battle Standard and Bearer of)

- Flag Bearer

- Glory Bearer

Other Names:

Eternal Glory (May be a better name for a religious themed character.)

Stars and Bars (May be a better name for powers but I can only picture what those might be...)

13 and 50 (Again may be a better power name)

and Just for Kicks

Title: The Hero who never Runs (as in the Red White and Blue, the colors that never run.)

Title: The Hero who never Runs (as in the Red White and Blue' date=' the colors that never run.)[/quote']Actually I finally decided to stick with Captain Glory (since Marvel also had a now-deceased character using that name). But since I'm also using nicknames like the above for some of my heroes, I'm definitely copping it!

If you are stuck on using Captain, I would go with 'Captain Jack' based on Union Jack.

Now - it would always be good to upgrade the rank... Major Glory has my vote... and the guy could easily be a glory hound (insert groan) and constantly want to be in front of the camera.