The Clown Guild - The First Clan for the new MMO

Super Squirrel

Re: The Clown Guild - The First Clan for the new MMO

Well' date=' since CLOWN as a villain group will have to wait, shall we create our own arch-enemies first?[/quote']

Why not making CLOWN and its members your arch-enemies then ?

You'd be playing hero-side for a moment while defining at the same time what CLOWN is until you can switch side ?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, since playing villains might not be an option for a while, how about creating a supergroup especially aimed at HERO players, especially those on the boards here Anyone have an idea for a satisfactory inspiration, group name that we can promulgate to others?

Ok, a concept. Totally useless before the game, but then why should we CLOWN's be efficient and logical

Slapstick

Val Char Cost

15 STR 5

24 DEX 42

23 CON 26

12 BODY 4

13 INT 3

14 EGO 8

18 PRE 8

16 COM 3

5 PD 2

5 ED 0

6 SPD 26

8 REC 0

46 END 0

32 STUN 0

6" RUN 0

2" SWIM 0

3" LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 127

Cost Power END

30 Telekentic Powers. : Elemental Control, 76-point powers, (38 Active Points); all slots Limited Power Power loses about a fourth of its effectiveness (EC drained by any drain of multipower powers; -1/4)

30 1) Comedy of Errors: Change Environment 8" radius, -3 OCV, -5 Dex Roll and all Dex based Skill Rolls, Long-Lasting 20 Minutes, Multiple Combat Effects, Varying Combat Effects, Selective Target (+1/2) (106 Active Points); Extra Time (Full Phase, -1/2), Side Effects, Side Effect occurs automatically whenever Power is used (Side Effect only affects the environment near the character; Extreme Damage to surroundings; -1/2) [Notes: Creates all sorts of havoc with very comic effects--

pulling mats form under feet, newspaper in face, making things slippery--localized TK effects continue some time after..and really trashes the place)] 11

30 2) Nothing funny about getting shot: FF (20 PD/20 ED) (Protect Carried Items), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (75 Active Points) 0

22 3) I fly! Really! I just..liek to look around a lot.: Flight 25", x8 Noncombat, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (75 Active Points); Must Land At The End Of Each Phase (-1/2) [Notes: His TK isn't quite strong

enough for continuous flight..plus he's really scared of beign up that high for too long)] 3

60 The Punchlines: Multipower, 75-point reserve, (75 Active Points); all slots Limited Power Power loses about a fourth of its effectiveness (All powers drained as EC is drained; -1/4)

5u 1) Watch this trick!: Telekinesis (33 STR), Fine Manipulation, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (74 Active Points); Affects Whole Object (-1/4) 3

6u 2) Whammo, Anvil to the head!: EB 12d6, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (75 Active Points) [Notes: Some number of objects are sued to injure the target in a comical fashioon. Even pavement. It's just as important the object be funny as dangerous.] 3

5u 3) The big wrap up.: Entangle 6d6, 6 DEF, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (75 Active Points); Cannot Form Barriers (-1/4) [Notes: Comically hinders a target with all sorts of funny items.] 3

4u 4) Missed me!: Missile Deflection (Any Ranged Attack), Trigger (Activating the Trigger is an Action that takes no time, Trigger requires a Half Phase Action to reset; Reset action is being targeted by a ranged Missile Deflection attempt vs the targets maximum OCV for any ranged attack; +3/4), Full Range (+1) (55 Active Points) [Notes: Sets up a tkelekentic field, invisible to most, that will throw off the acuracy of the next ranged attack a target makes. Slapstick must hit the targets with a ranged attack to set the trigger, vs the targets best OCV.] 0

4u 5) Slaptick Routine: HA +7d6+1, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), Double Knockback (+3/4) (74 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) [Notes: A simple slapstick style of hand to hand fighting that looks silly..but its really quite dangerous.] 3

Powers Cost: 196

Cost Skill

3 Breakfall 14-

3 Acrobatics 14-

3 Sleight Of Hand 14-

3 Lockpicking 14-

3 Concealment 12-

3 Stealth 14-

9 +3 with telekentic attacks (multipower)

Skills Cost: 27

Total Character Cost: 350

Val Disadvantages

15 Psychological Limitation: Lets have some fun. We'll, I'll have fun at least.: Mischevious (Common, Strong)

15 Psychological Limitation: Mine, all the shinies are mine!: Greedy (Very Common, Moderate)

15 Social Limitation:I've got a Secret Na-na-na-na-na!: Secret Identity (Frequently, Severe, Not Limiting In Some Cultures)

20 Hunted: Those guys in funny uniforms who get upset when he steals stuff. Poo-poo heads. 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Capture)

5 Distinctive Features: Registers as a mutant (Not Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable Only By Unusual Senses) [Notes: Can be detected by cosmic energy Scans]

15 Hunted: Those mean guys who say I'm a mutant wierdo. Really bad sense of humor. Can't take a joke. Or an anvil to the head for that matter. 8- (Mo Pow, Harshly Punish)

0 Dependence: Money. I love love love money. Gimme Gimme Gimme. Gets really Grumpy if broke. (Common, 1 Week)

10 Rivalry: Oh, so you think that's funny! Amateur! : Professional (Practical Joke Escalation with CLOWN members), Rival is As Powerful, Rival is a Player Character, Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate Rival, Rival Aware of Rivalry

5 Unluck: 1d6

50 Custom Disadvantage: Hated by Steve Long

Ok' date=' since playing villains might not be an option for a while, how about creating a supergroup especially aimed at HERO players, especially those on the boards here Anyone have an idea for a satisfactory inspiration, group name that we can promulgate to others?[/quote']

Maybe H.E.X. although what it would stand for, I am not sure. Either that or a Green Man reference. Sorry, that's all I got.

There's no reason to wait for villains on COL' date=' now that I think about it. This could be the Crime-fighting League Of Wacky Nonconformists.[/quote']

Oh, well done. Now I just need a name. I've always thought they'd be less annoying (slightly) as heroes, anyway.

There's no reason to wait for villains on COL' date=' now that I think about it. This could be the Crime-fighting League Of Wacky Nonconformists.[/quote']

And still achieve the same overall damage to society!

::switches some disads around on Slapstick::

Depends on the game to some extent. Everquest II and World of Warcraft, they are primarily ways of getting a chat room together and a way to get a form of group storage. I believe that the EQII guilds also have some options that make the guild members more powerful in various ways, but I don't remember the details (you can also get a group home, but you can do that without the guild, it just makes it easier). in City of X, you get a superX base to operate out of, and the more members you have, and the more active they are, the more you get to build up the base, which can likewise include storage and a number of other features. I imagine CO will also have some kind of base for teams, but may start out with them just having a chat channel (or Secret Communicator, if you prefer).

Actually, that's kind of cool. Hope they have a graphic for it.

A question from someone who has never played an MMO -

What exactly is a guild - is it just a group of people who link up online, are there things in the game to support it, or what exactly?

Also it is a great way to get help with missions you need or just find a group. That and general help are the main things the guilds I have been in in other MMOs have been used for.

• 6 months later...

hey guys

was curious , is this the same clown guild as in CLOWN from Europa (UO)

back in a day when CLOWN brought fear into the hearts of PK'ers

if so can u have whoever is ruinning clown.org email me so that

I can join the clown . org board .....its been far too long

Bladesinger

Blade

Ok' date=' since playing villains might not be an option for a while, how about creating a supergroup especially aimed at HERO players, especially those on the boards here Anyone have an idea for a satisfactory inspiration, group name that we can promulgate to others?[/quote']

Maybe H.E.X. although what it would stand for' date=' I am not sure. Either that or a Green Man reference. Sorry, that's all I got.[/quote']

the Hex-men?

;)

hey guys

was curious , is this the same clown guild as in CLOWN from Europa (UO)

C.L.O.W.N. was a group of super-powered thieves that were published for Champions before 5th Edition came out. For a variety of reasons (not the least of which that they were presented in such a way as to be quite annoying during a game), they were written out in 5th Edition's continuity. It seems unlikely that they're being run by the same people (if anyone could be considered to run C.L.O.W.N.), though for all I know the group in UO may have been inspired by Champions.