Best Basic 60 Point Power: Followers!

Pattern Ghost

Re: Best Basic 60 Point Power: Followers!

I've wanted to do a "Nick Fury" type character for a long time. Skills and gear' date=' plus a lot of points in agents/bases.[/quote']

Same here. Last Champions campaign I was in, though, the GM had an NPC that filled that "pro from Dover" role in the super-agent community. Wasn't a GMPC, though; we never saw the character in play.

That +5 points per doubling is pretty kick ass too, after you get past the first few. One time I was going to set up a WWII battle with Golden Age supers against as many Nazis as would balance, points wise. After counting up the most expensive super and then adding 5 points for the next one, another five for the next 2, etc, I came to X number of points. Then to balance I took a Tiger tank and an infantry guy and starting doubling and redoubling to reach a "balance" I don't remember how many Tigers it came out to (probably more than Germany ever actually fielded) but if I dropped the Tigers and took only infantry, it came to several billion.

From that point, I decided that for wargame purposes, each combatant is worth full points.

Make it easy on the GM

Give them the Distictive features: No dicernable personality:)

Heh, a hero with his own legion of terror must be a reformed villain or a hero flirting with the idea of crossing over. Remember, the don't have personalities, make sure their helmets are clear and you can easily see their face.

Hey, for my money the best 60 actives is 25-point followers, x2048. Or, if the GM will permit you, a pervasive international economic empire:

Pervasive International Economic Empire: Contact (Contact has access to major institutions, Contact has extremely useful Skills or resources, Contact has significant Contacts of his own, Contact is slavishly loyal to character), Organization Contact (x3) (60 Active Points) 21-: 60 Points.

You can find a member almost anywhere, from the biggest city down to the dinkiest burg (i.e. a penalty to your roll for the size of the town). And they can always get you in to see whomever you need. Usually you need 15 points of wealth with either one, though ...

15 pts. of wealth is the highest listed in the book, but does it actually state that a character can't go higher? What about 60 pts. of wealth? This would probably only work for Star Hero campaigns with Sci-Fi Zaibatsu where someone can own whole planets or even star systems...

One might argue that only the 'scale' changes at that point, or it's a "SFX" of 15 points wealth, because really, past that? Who the eff cares? "Yeah. I'm rich. Really rich. Like, you can't conceive how rich I REALLY am. Your shoes? I own THEM." "But, they're mine..." "And right you would be..." (produces flow chart) "If it weren't for THIS."

One might argue that only the 'scale' changes at that point' date=' or it's a "SFX" of 15 points wealth, because really, past that? Who the eff cares? "Yeah. I'm rich. Really rich. Like, you can't conceive how rich I REALLY am. Your shoes? I own THEM." "But, they're mine..." "And right you would be..." (produces flow chart) "If it weren't for THIS."[/quote']

:D

"You didn't purchase your shoes, you merely signed an indefinite lease agreement with a no-notification termination clause. Which I am now exercising."

What would the US$ net worth be at 60pts of wealth? Trillions? Quadrillions?

One might argue that only the 'scale' changes at that point' date=' or it's a "SFX" of 15 points wealth, because really, past that? Who the eff cares? "Yeah. I'm rich. Really rich. Like, you can't conceive how rich I REALLY am. Your shoes? I own THEM." "But, they're mine..." "And right you would be..." (produces flow chart) "If it weren't for THIS."[/quote']

"You didn't purchase your shoes' date=' you merely signed an indefinite lease agreement with a no-notification termination clause. Which I am now exercising."[/quote']

Dammit, I really liked those shoes!

Seriously, though, 60 points of Wealth just sounds like overkill. Actually, anything past 20 sounds like overkill, to my mind. Scott Adams (IIRC) said something like that about really high intelligence. It was something like, "If you were sitting at lunch with Albert Einstein, and he got hit by lightning and was suddenly twice as smart as before, would you even be able to tell the difference?"

(In fairness, though, I doubt Scott Adams ever statted out Einstein. And I wouldn't be surprised if somebody here has....)

"If you were sitting at lunch with Albert Einstein' date=' and he got hit by lightning and was suddenly twice as smart as before, would you even be able to tell the difference?"[/quote']

Since he's currently dead, this would obviously be FrankenEinstein I'm eating with, and his going from "Relativity good! Dice with universe bad!" to more complete sentences would be quite noticeable.

Yeah, 60pts of wealth is kinda pointless. On the other hand, the ability of 15pts (or any amount of wealth really) to buy things that would normally cost much more than 15pts if bought with CP directly is a bit of a disconnect.

Since he's currently dead, this would obviously be FrankenEinstein I'm eating with, and his going from "Relativity good! Dice with universe bad!" to more complete sentences would be quite noticeable.

Yeah, 60pts of wealth is kinda pointless. On the other hand, the ability of 15pts (or any amount of wealth really) to buy things that would normally cost much more than 15pts if bought with CP directly is a bit of a disconnect.

Wealth in HERO = I'm paying for a special effect and an excuse to spend all these other points elsewhere. Oh, and when I go clubbing? I look good.

Otherwise, as I said, it doesn't really "work" outside of the SuperHeroic genre for exactly the reason you mention, SS -- it's very messy, and on the kludgey side to try and explain why "he" has Wealth and can thus buy weapons, guns & armor for the rest of the party even as we insist "things in heroic games are bought with cash."

Dear Steve:

Heroic = New section.

Love,

Thia

(In fairness' date=' though, I doubt Scott Adams ever statted out Einstein. And I wouldn't be surprised if somebody here has....)[/quote']

:D Rule 34: Someone, somewhere, has stats for it/him/her.