Wish Fullfillment Character thread.

Enforcer84

Okay break out your vampire and shield slinging patriots.

taking a cue from the Dr. Steele post by Arthur; if you had 350 points and could turn yourself into a superhero, what would you be? Sadly, I myself havn't been able to shake the immortal with the powers of superman phase but I am sure there would not be cookie cutter characters printed here. Anyone up for it?

Mine is on the way.

Guest WhammeWhamme

Hmmm.

Everything at 0 END.

Full life support except food.

Duplicates.

Regeneration.

INT and PRE at at least 30.

Invisibility too.

Hmm. Don't see how I can tie this all together....

I'm MEGAMEMAN!

Definitely

I'd love to be a flying brick. And not even a heavy duty, planet-moving, Superman kind of brick. Something like:

50 STR

25 PD/ED (Resistant, of course, for that annoying small arms fire)

25" Flight x16 NCM (who wouldn't love that!!??)

Scads of telescopic vision

Of course, the endless uses and abuses of X-Ray vision spring immediately to mind... :D

"Oh, Miss Spears....."

Interesting (in so many ways) idea.

Can I clarify something?

Is this turning yourself into a superhero in a "standard" superhero campaign where you would actually fight crime etc. or is it like being in the real world, just you are transformed into a superhero?

My answer would be radically different between those two options.

If I were going to fight crime, probably a brick with high defences, but a 5 SPD, maybe with Nightvision. I'd probably go for exotic defences and most of the Life Support options. No immediately obvious powers (more like Superman than the Hulk). Probably have some Money. Wouldn't bother with a "Brick Tricks" multipower - I'd go with a Power Skill (at least until I'd earned some experience).

Now if it's the real world. Shape Shift - any other humanoid. High INT, PRE and COM. Probably highish characteristics across the board. Lots of dice of Luck, 15 points of wealth (good call bwdemon). I'd also go with n-ray vision, Spideyguy. Hmm, maybe Stretching (if you get where I'm going with this one); you wouldn't need, er, many inches in real life. Inches of Stretching, I mean. :D

Hey, there must be some reason Sue stays married to Reed Richards, right?

I've given this one some thought

Healing bought to 0 END

Transform Sick person to Healthy Person

Transform Dirt to Food

Transform Air to Water

Flight with Large Non-Combat Multiplier

High Resistent Defences

I know that this must seem revoltingly goody two shoes. If the big GM in the sky offered me 350 pts and I spent them another way, I would be consumed by guilt every time I looked at a newspaper or watched the news.

Dittos here on the 15pts for wealth, though I'd also be quite happy with the 10 or 5 pt versions

as for the rest.... something along the lines of Total Lifesupport Usable against others planetwide, selective and utterly invisible

tag on +10 INT and some Regenerative ability as well with similar advantages as above, and I think that'd about cover it

Okay, Clarifcation.

Perhaps we were starting a new campaign. We are the first wave of Superbeings since the "Golden Age" of the 1950's. Crime fighting? Yes, if that's your calling. But lets make it even more interesting. Earth has gotten "stranger" there are places to explore (cities in mountains, lost undersea continents, dimensional apuratures) we are, for lack of a better word - Explorers. Perhaps a less campy version of Villians & Vigilantes...

350 points? Hm....

Well, I'd definitely bump all my primary stats up to Normal Human Maximum, buy my SPD to 5, Healing as Regeneration (0 END, Persistant), full Life Support, a lot of skills, 15 point Wealth (filthy rich...) some followers, and the rest goes into a kick-ass battlesuit.

Because, at 350 pts, you've got disads and to get the proper amount of points, you need at least one Hunted....

Originally posted by Enforcer84

Okay, Clarifcation.

Perhaps we were starting a new campaign. We are the first wave of Superbeings since the "Golden Age" of the 1950's. Crime fighting? Yes, if that's your calling. But lets make it even more interesting. Earth has gotten "stranger" there are places to explore (cities in mountains, lost undersea continents, dimensional apuratures) we are, for lack of a better word - Explorers. Perhaps a less campy version of Villians & Vigilantes...

Heck, I loved V&V. My first post AD&D RPG. :)

I'm sticking with The Immortal Master Of All Knowing.

*thinking to self*

"Doc Savage Who!"... no ... "Wolverbat!" ... not quite ... "Connor MacConstantine!" ... maybe...

*end thinking to self*

Sounds like Enforcer had some connection problems at the worst possible moment.

SOOOo... back on topic, I find myself embarrasingly admiting I wouldn't mind being a superman knockoff. Let's see, strong, flies, and nigh invulnerable.. tres cool. And BETTER than 20/20 vision (man I hate being near sighted) and then some!

I was a Marvel Zombie, so discovering this about myself is somewhat embarrasing.

With the 350 pt wish I would become a hybrid of Superman and Captain America. In these modern times, the world (and the US especially) needs a symbol, an icon to both inspire and motivate us. Do I think that emotionally and psychologically I would make such an icon....I have my doubts but since the wish is mine, so also is the responsibility. :cool:

With the 350 pt wish I would become a hybrid of Superman and Captain America. In these modern times, the world (and the US especially) needs a symbol, an icon to both inspire and motivate us. Do I think that emotionally and psychologically I would make such an icon....I have my doubts but since the wish is mine, so also is the responsibility. :cool: