A DC Animated-style HeroMachine

Theron

Re: A DC Animated-style HeroMachine

how does one pronounce the word Deadeas ?

what does it rhyme with?

I pronounce it as "dead-e-as". It doesn't really rhyme with anything, mostly because it was just a made up name from when I was a kid and needed a username for some online club. Considering it uses a grand total of 4 keys, it was perfect for younger me.

THE COMIC

Somebody whack this guy with a repstick for me, eh? I can't wield mine for a few hours yet and I probably won't be in the library by then.

I pronounce it as "dead-e-as". It doesn't really rhyme with anything' date=' mostly because it was just a made up name from when I was a kid and needed a username for some online club. Considering it uses a grand total of 4 keys, it was perfect for younger me.[/quote']

I thought it was pronounced "Dead Ass". :eek::D

Crackshot.png

Headshot

NOTE: Obvious Deadpool ripoff, I know. He's a member of the Comic's team of villains. His main power is regeneration, which is natural. He gets his secondary powers from a designer drug that grants him super-speed.

Grand Empire

The premier criminal agency in the Wardens Chronicles campaign world. Sort of a cross between Viper and Raven.

Class I Standard Agents

GE-1.png

Class II Elite Agents

GE-2.png

Class III and Class 'X'

GE-3.png

TheTemplarFinal.png

The Templar

Note: The intellect of the Comic's group. A religious fanatic and extraordinary inventor who wants to wipe out the superheroes in order to purge all humans who don't follow his beliefs. Logo by Heromachine 3.

confession.png

Confession

Background

Father Willem Vesser wasn’t that great of a priest. He knew it, and so did his bishop. The only really redeeming thing about Father Vesser as far as the bishop was concerned was that he didn’t molest the altar boys. Faint praise indeed for such a lackluster priest.

Father Vesser’s biggest problem was drugs. On a holiday to Amsterdam, the priest sampled the local drug scene, and was immediately hooked. It was three more weeks before he came back down. He wasn’t sure how many drugs he took, but it certainly had an effect on him. His skin had turned grey, and he had lost a lot of weight.

Upon returning to Antwerp he was brought before the bishop who gave him a thorough dressing down, and sent Father Vesser to the most remote village he could find. The bishop hoped a new parish would improve the pathetic priest and get him off the drugs. And in a way it worked a miracle. Since being assigned to his new parish Father Vesser felt no cravings for drugs, or anything else for that matter. His pallor worsened, and he lost even more weight. Nothing seemed to appeal to Father Vesser. To him life was grey, and would probably stay that way.

It was during the second week at his new church that he started taking confessions from the villagers. Father Willem didn’t even have to ask the person their sins, because they came unbidden to his mind. For him the confessions almost seemed as sweet as sacramental wine, and once Father Willem started hearing the thoughts around him; he couldn’t stop. As for those who confessed to him a few of them even were sent to the hospital.

Father Vesser was very surprised when he was sent an invitation to meet with a Cardinal who was visiting from Rome. His shock turned to horror when he found that he couldn’t enter the mind of the Cardinal. It was later that Cardinal Syn told Confession, as Father Vesser, was now know, that he would better serve the church under him in the Order of Truth or the Assassini. Father Vesser could barely contain his joy, and licked his lips in anticipation.

Personality

Confession is not a very nice person. The drugs that he took and the awakening of his powers has destroyed whatever morality he had. Confession thinks nothing about invading another persons mind. In fact it is the only way that Confession can gain nourishment. Confession is completely addicted to using his telepathy. Preventing him from using his telepathy is a sure way to anger him.

“You know my son, confession is good for the soul. What you refuse to confess? Well I’ll see about that.”

Powers

The drugs that Father Vesser took caused his ubergene to emerge. He has developed into a powerful telepath. Only the most guarded minds are able to resist Confessions probing. Not only is Confession a telepath, but he’s also a psychic vampire. Most of his nutrition comes from the use of telepathy.

Confession doesn’t only rely on his mental powers, but wears a suit of lightweight body armor under his priestly garb. He’s also not much of a fighter, preferring to attack from surprise.

Appearance

Confession is a scarecrow of a man. He’s extremely lean and even a little pallid. Most people who meet him think that he’s sick. What hair Confession has left has turned completely grey. The only time Confession looks healthy is after he has used his telepathy. When Father Vesser becomes Confession, his eyes become pools of red and his skin becomes even greyer. To date, no one has linked Father Vesser to Confession.

herrwhite.png

Herr White

Formally a Teutonic Knight, until he was bitten by a vampire in Lithuania. Centuries later, he joined the Nazi party becoming the head of the Gestapo secret branch known as the Unaussprechlichen Kulten Abteilung.

han.png

Hans

Also known as Mengele's Monster. Hans was a proto-type soldier built out of parts of dead soldiers by Doctor Mengele. Mengele's Monster was the only one built. The expense proved too great for creating a whole army of the creatures. As for Hans he was lost at sea during an attack on a Norwegian fishing vessal that was transmitting messages to England. Herr White who was in charge of the mission insisted testing Hans against Sven Jorgensen. By pure luck Sven knocked Hans into the sea. No attempt was made to recover Hans.

herrwhite.png

Herr White

Formally a Teutonic Knight, until he was bitten by a vampire in Lithuania. Centuries later, he joined the Nazi party becoming the head of the Gestapo secret branch known as the Unaussprechlichen Kulten Abteilung.

how is thisgroup translated to english?

how

how is thisgroup translated to english?

how

I borrowed it from Lovecraft, sort of. It loosely translates to 'Unspeakable' or 'Unmentionable' Cults Division. Where else would a Nazi Gestapo Vampire fit? :D

I borrowed it from Lovecraft' date=' sort of. It loosely translates to 'Unspeakable' or 'Unmentionable' Cults Division. Where else would a Nazi Gestapo Vampire fit? :D[/quote']

although a German would understand it, it does not sound like a real German term

try Abteilung für unsagbare Kulte

:D

penance.png

Penance

Here's a drawing of Penance by tribe.

penance1.jpg

Background

Domenico diGrasso was the youngest son of a single mother in Naples Italy. His mother ran a bakery along with his three older sisters. Domenico was always a portly child who was doted upon by the women in his family. They pampered him and were always giving him treats.

When Domenico turned eighteen he entered the monastery in Naples where he became the librarian of the order. He served the monastery faithful for several years. However, as time went by, so to did Domenico’s torment. Domenico came to the realization that he was gay which was made worse as the years past. The temptations were becoming unbearable for him. To compensate for his lustful longings for the novices, he turned to food as a substitute, and when even that wasn’t enough Domenico turned to self-flagellation. For awhile these two substitutes were enough.

It was during a time of personal crisis when all the food and the self-flagellation did no good, that Domenico broke. Domenico had a tryst with one of the younger members of the monastery. However after the lust had died down, the guilt and remorse for the sin that he had committed proved to be worse than the desire for the flesh.

In a panic Domenico fled the monastery wandering the streets of Naples seeking a way to end his torment. This was also the time when his meta-powers started to emerge. Domenico had ran across a busy intersection without looking and a bus plowed right into him. The bus was destroyed and Domenico didn’t even feel the impact. In confusion Domenico picked up the bus throwing it a block away.

Domenico was found by the Order of Truth the next morning in his mother’s bakery. It was a blubbering Domenico with frosting all over his face that was dragged before Cardinal Sin in Vatican City three hours later. He took one look at the cardinal and confessed all his sins. It only took Domenico about an hours to eventually run out of steam.

“Forgive me Excellency,” begged Domenico who was on his knees before the cardinal.

“Do seek absolution?” asked Cardinal Sin, whose eyes seem to bore into Domenico’s head.

“Yes,” said Domenico, “I am a sinner. I am weak. I seek absolution.”

“Excellent,” said Cardinal Sin, “this shall be your penance.”....

Personality

Penance is a greatly troubled man. He’s a homosexual and also a monk. The lust in him is something he has denied so long, and the one time that his lust overcame him filled him with immense guilt. However, regardless of the guilt it doesn’t change the fact that Penance feels an attraction to men. He tries to deny his feelings towards men, never openly admitting it. This fills Penance with constant conflict. To assuage this conflict Penance is constantly eating.

Penance sees his own problems as the worlds problems. He feels for all the suffering in the world, and in a little way blames himself for the worlds woes. For Domenico he feels that he’s doing penance for the world. However for himself his penance will never end because of his denial and his guilt.

“All of us have our crosses to bear. Mine is just a little heavier than most.”

Powers

Besides being immensely fat, Penance is super-humanly strong. His flesh is so thick that most physical attacks aren’t even felt. In addition to his super-human strength, Penance wields a huge bronze cross that he often uses as a hammer. When not using the cross as a weapon, Penance usually wears it around his neck.

Appearance

Penance is an extremely obese man. He’s completely bald and his skin is very pale, but not as light as an albino. His clothing consists of black robes tied with a thick white rope for a belt. Normally Penance keeps the hood of his robes up to cast his face in shadow, but he doesn't mind if the hood falls off during combat. Under his robes, Penance wears sandals and nothing else. There is a lot of scarring on his back from self-flagellation. Hanging from a cord around his neck is a bronze cross that weighs several tons.

I decided that my last drawing of Damnation didn't fit. So here's a new one.

damnation-1.png

Damnation

Here's an original drawing of Damantion by me.

damnation1.jpg

Background

Jean-Claude was always a sinner, always a violent man; and before he was eighteen he had killed a man in a barroom brawl. Afterwards Jean-Claude fled with the gendarme on his tail. The gendarme had tracked Jean-Claude to a remote town in the Pyrenees Mountains. It took ten police officers to subdue him. However, Jean-Claude killed two of them in the attempt.

Now Jean-Claude was on death row in Clairvaux Prison. His lawyer, Jean-Evariste Colbert assured him that he would get him off, but Jean-Claude wasn’t sure. In the end for all the efforts of his attorney, it was for naught. On a stormy night Jean-Claude was led from his cell to meet with a priest before being sent on to the electric chair. Normally Jean-Claude sneered at priests, but this one was different. In no time Jean-Claude opened himself, baring his soul to the priest.

So when Jean-Claude went to the electrical chair he did with a new understanding. Just as the switch was thrown, lightning struck the transformer. The effect of the electricity from the chair and the lightning caused Jean-Claude’s Uber abilities to manifest themselves.

An electrified Jean-Claude stood up showering the room in sparks. Chaos broke out as guards and witnesses tried to flee. Several people were hurt and might have been killed if Bastille hadn’t showed up. Jean-Claude laughed manically and started throwing bolt after bolt of electricity at Bastille. The two fought through Clairvaux Prison destroying large portions of the prison. Jean-Claude had Bastille on the ropes when he felt the sudden urge to fly high up into the sky. Surveying the damage below Jean-Claude felt the irrational impulse to fly towards Rome. He couldn’t explain the desire. Bastille and Clairvaux Prison were forgotten.

Days later, an exhausted Jean-Claude found an open window of a nondescript building not far from Saint Peter’s Basilica that seemed to invite him in. Waiting within was the priest that Jean-Claude had met back in France. Later Jean-Claude, who was giving the name Damnation, learned that his new master was Cardinal Syn, and the cardinal had big plans for the Frenchman.

Personality

Damnation is a thug, pure and simple. His greatest pleasures in life are tormenting (or torturing) hapless victims. He’s quick to get into fights, and it’s only through the generous amounts of mind control that Cardinal Syn uses on him that keeps Damnation in line. Left unchecked, Damnation will quickly get out of control and try to cause as much mayhem as possible before he’s recalled by the Cardinal.

“Damnation comes to any man who turns his face from the Lord.”

Powers

Damnation naturally generates vast amounts of electricity. He’s able to light a small village all by himself if he ever put his mind to it. Instead, Damnation uses his Uber powers as a weapon. He can throw lightning bolt after lighting bolt without tiring, but can also increase the power of his lighting bolt causing an effect which Damnation calls his “Death Shock”. Damnation can bring the electricity around himself to form a powerful force field, and while he has the field up he can even fly.

Appearance

Damnation is a muscular Frenchmen with chiselled good looks. He has blonde hair and green eyes. Since becoming Damnation, Jean-Claude has had two crosses tattooed on his body. One is on his forearm and the other on his face. Damnation doesn’t wear a costume as such, but instead wears a checkered flannel shirt, blue jeans, and biker boots.