A DC Animated-style HeroMachine

Theron

Re: A DC Animated-style HeroMachine

ssgtbalo.png

Ssgt Baloo

Ssgt Baloo sez, "Only you can prevent terrorism.":D

...But I can help! :eg:

Lose the RPG. Most of my fave characters have been charismatic bricks, so their main attacks have usually been large chunks of debris. Kind of inaccurate, I know, but the demoralizing effect on enemy morale is quite a help.

She turned me into a newt! :D

I got better.....

Curse you, Pariah! I wanted to say it first!

ironhorse.png

Iron Horse

Background:

In 1814 Zebadiah Hershire was a jewish sculptor working for the Southern Pacific Railroad. Zebadiah had designed a statue of an iron horse to be a symbol for the railroad. However, the president of the company decided he didn't like the statue, and probably Zebadiah as well. The man was a known racist. So instead of displaying the statue properly he had the Iron Horse statue put in a warehouse, where it would never been seen again.

In anger, Zebadiah crept into the warehouse one night and used ancient Hebrew magic on the statue trying to animate it, and use the animated statue to humiliate the racist railroad president. However, before Zebadiah could finish, he was intrupted by the nightwatchman, who shot and killed Zebadiah.

The statue remained in storage for almost two hundred years until it was sold off at a public auction to another Jew, Micky Goldstien. Micky recognized the statue for what it was, an incomplete golem. After having the statue delivered to his home, Micky set about studying the statue, but try as he might he couldn't figure out how to activate it.

One night during a thunder storm the electricity was knocked out. As Micky was fumbling about looking for a flashlight, he hit his head against the Iron Horse statue. In serious pain, Micky's latent mutant powers emberged. The next thing he knew he was inside the statue. In a panic Micky went on a rampage throughout the city. Eventually he was subdued by Southern Cross. When it was discovered that Micky wasn't a new super-villain, but a mutant teenager, Southern Cross invited him to join their group. It was Professor Arcane who helped Micky to free his psyche from the Iron Horse statue. Since joining Southern Cross, Micky has taken on the code-name: Iron Horse.

Quote:

Iron Horse is a mute. However, it does express itself by flashing its' glowing red eyes or blowing steam from its' nostrils.

Personality:

As an object, Iron Horse doesn't have a personality at all. However, whenever Micky is inhabiting the statue, he feels really powerful. Thinking there isn't anything he couldn't do. As Iron Horse, Micky often takes unnessary risks.

Powers/Tactics

Iron Horse is an inanimtae object, at least until Micky inhabits it. WHile possessed the Iron Horse statue become animated. It's unknown how long Micky can stay inside the statue. When animated the statue is super-humanly strong; able to lift a large ship over its' head with ease. Because of tis' compostion, Iron Horse is very dense. It becomes very resistant to almost any kind of damage while animated. Being an animated object the statue isn't affect by its environment at all, and Micky enjoys this protection as well when he's inside the statue.

Even when not inhabiting the staute, Micky has some minor mental powers, primarily the ability to read peoples minds. Micky is also able to life and move light objects with his mind. Further, Micky is a wizard when it comes to dealing with computers.

Appearance

Iron Horse is a stue that is hsaped with the head and the neck of a horse, but with the body of a man. The leges of the staute are also shaped like a horses'. The statue stand about 8' tall but weighs about 27 tons. Iron Horse is totally black, and when it's inhabited the eyes glow red. Sometimes Iron Horse will even snort steam. Micky is a short shallowed complexioned teenager. He usually wears t-shirts and jeans.

Iron Horse

Background:

In 1814 Zebadiah Hershire was a jewish sculptor working for the Southern Pacific Railroad. Zebadiah had designed a statue of an iron horse to be a symbol for the railroad. However, the president of the company decided he didn't like the statue, and probably Zebadiah as well. The man was a known racist. So instead of displaying the statue properly he had the Iron Horse statue put in a warehouse, where it would never been seen again.

In anger, Zebadiah crept into the warehouse one night and used ancient Hebrew magic on the statue trying to animate it, and use the animated statue to humiliate the racist railroad president. However, before Zebadiah could finish, he was intrupted by the nightwatchman, who shot and killed Zebadiah.

The statue remained in storage for almost two hundred years until it was sold off at a public auction to another Jew, Micky Goldstien. Micky recognized the statue for what it was, an incomplete golem. After having the statue delivered to his home, Micky set about studying the statue, but try as he might he couldn't figure out how to activate it.

One night during a thunder storm the electricity was knocked out. As Micky was fumbling about looking for a flashlight, he hit his head against the Iron Horse statue. In serious pain, Micky's latent mutant powers emberged. The next thing he knew he was inside the statue. In a panic Micky went on a rampage throughout the city. Eventually he was subdued by Southern Cross. When it was discovered that Micky wasn't a new super-villain, but a mutant teenager, Southern Cross invited him to join their group. It was Professor Arcane who helped Micky to free his psyche from the Iron Horse statue. Since joining Southern Cross, Micky has taken on the code-name: Iron Horse.

That is a great character concept and story! I'm going to have to owe you Rep. Again. >sigh<

'Ello, all. I've been a long time admirer of this thread, and I decided I'd post my creations on here...After all, I learned of Hero-O-Matic due to this thread. May as well show what I've managed to make with it.

First off, a few characters from my universe's Golden Age:

Freedom Fighter, Golden Valkyrie, Mystic Master, Paragon, Privateer, and Raptor

FreedomFighterI.pngGoldenValkiye.pngMysticMasterI-2.pngParagonI.pngPrivateer-2.png

RaptorI.png

professorarcane.png

Professor Arkane

Background

Back when Georgia was still an English penal colony there was a warlock named Samuel Arkane who had been exiled to the Americas. Samuel Arkane was a very powerful and feared person in Georgia. Slaves and plantation owners alike feared Samuel. Those who dared cross Samuel Arkane rarely survived the encounter. However, like most evil, even Samuel Arkane was brought low. His own slaves, whom he never considered a real threat rose up against him one moonless night killing him while Samuel slept. After killing the feared warlock they set his mansion on fire and fled into the night. None of the neighbors dared come near the burning building. Samuel Arkanes' mansion burned to the ground.

However, unknown to everyone else was that Samuel Arkane had planned for such a happening. Samuel hid his magical books in special chest in the basement of his mansion. The chest could only be opened by a descendant of Samuels' who also possessed the innate ability for magic. The chest lay hidden in the ruins of the mansion before Tobias Arkane found the chest.

Tobias who was doctorial student at the time had studied the history of his family, and upon learning of Samuel Arkanes' forgotten mansion felt compelled to visit the ruin. Once on the grounds, he felt a strong compulsion to search the basement. In no time, Tobias found the chest, and with just a touch of his hands the locks spung, and the lid opened up revealing a treasure trove of books.

Since finding the books, Tobias has studying them intently, becoming a warlock himself. Further Tobias finished his doctorate in parapsychology at the University of Georgia. Tobias was to later go on to become a professor at the university. Occassionally Tobias will use his magic to aid Southern Cross, as Professor Arkane. However, unlike his anscestor, Professor Arkane uses his powers for good not evil.

Quote:

"The ways of magic are many."

Personality

Tobias likes being a warlock. He thinks that warlocks have to be mysterious. So when talking to people Tobias likes to be as vague as possible. Tobias is quite aware of his ancestors activities and refuses to follow in his footsteps. Professor Arkane isn't much of a man for violence either.

Powers/Tactics

Tobias is a master of the mystical arts. Most of his magic he has learend from his ancestors books. Tobias is able to draw from himself, but this tires him quickly. He's also able to to draw upon magic around him for more powerful spells. However, since this drains life from around him, Tobias is reluctant to use it. Either way Tobias is able to project mystic bolts of energy, form mystic shields around himself, read other peoples minds, etc... Due to his training, Tobias is resistant to mental powers that are used against him. Tobias is also considered quite the scholar in the fields of parapsychology.

Tobias isn't much of a hand-to-hand combatant. He primarily uses his magic defensively, either to gather information or defend himself or someone else. Tobais also wears the Cloak of Areogon which allows him to fly without expending any of his own energy.

Appearance

Tobias is a tall skinnly elderly gentleman. He is starting to go bald and what hair he has had turned gray. Tobias wears a dark green jacket along with black leggings for a costume. Across his back is the mystical Cloak of Areogon which is blue with a golden border. Tobias typically uses his magic to hid his identity.

'Ello, all. I've been a long time admirer of this thread, and I decided I'd post my creations on here...After all, I learned of Hero-O-Matic due to this thread. May as well show what I've managed to make with it.

Welcome to the boards! That's good work. I look forward to seeing more of what you have to offer! :thumbup:

madamemidnight.png

Madame Midnight

Background

Jean-Marie Minuit is a former student and paramour of the mystic super-hero known as Professor Arkane. It was Professor Arkan who taught Jean-Marie most of her magical skills after he discovered her living on the streets of New Orleans. Professor Arkane took her back to his home in Atlanta, where he took Jean-Marie under his wing. He had discovered that Jean-Marie had an affinity for darkness based magic, and trained in its' use extensively.

The two mystics have had an on and off again relationship over the years. Jean-Marie was greatly impressed with Professor Arkanes willingness to help others as a costumed super-hero, and like him took on a costumed identity herself, going by the name of Madame Midnight. As Madame Midnight, Jean-Marie faught alongside Professor Arkane a number of years. However, she eventually grew tired of the super-hero game and returned to New Orleans for good. In New Oreleans, Jean-Marie opened an antiques/art gallery which she called 'Fantasique'. She has been in semi-retirement since, only come out when a premonition is upon her.

Quote:

"What? Don't you believe in magic? You know whenever a siren blares a demon gets his wings."

Personality

Jean-Marie was once a very active super-hero, but over the years she lost interest in fighting crime all the time. She'd put down on cult bent on destroying the world before running into some extradimensional monster seeking to enslave the entire human race. In the end it lost a lot of its' appeal. Jean-Marie is content to run 'Fantastique' and practice a little of her magic in private. However, she still has somewhat of a romantic rivalry with her former teacher Professor Arcane, and on occassion has been coaxed out of retirement if the need is great enough. Also through all her training with Professor Arkane has instilled a great respect for life in Jean-Marie, and as such she would never willingly take another persons life.

Powers/Tactics

Jean-Marie is a witch iwth a number of magical abilities mostly based upon darkness. Through her training with Professor Arkane, Jean-Marie is able to tap into the energy of a dimension of total darkness. She can uses this energy in a number of different ways. Jean-Marie can call up the darkness around her to which only she can see through, or even harden the darkness to the point where it becomes an effect shield against attacks. With a mere conjuration, Jean-Marie can step through the darkness and teleport to different places. Offensively, Jean-Marie can project the darkness from her hands creating a powerful energy blast which she calls her 'Darkbolts'. These bolts can cause a lot of damage to an unprotected target. Jean-Marie can even feed the darkness into other peoples' minds damaging their psyches. She can even fly a little. Lastly Jean-Marie can leave her body behind and travel astrally.

Jean-Marie's mind is very senstive to magic powers that affect the mind. Her training has taught her how to protect her mind from such intrusions. Sometimes, Jean-Marie can even see into the future. It's often this last ability that usually brings Jean-Marie out of retirement.

Appearance

Jean-Marie is an extremely beautiful young woman with long straight raven black hair that reaches down to her back. She has the brightest green eyes which hint of mischief. Otherwise, Jean-Marie is of average height and weight. As Madame Midnight, Jean-Marie never had a standard costume, preferring instead to change her clothes often. However, Jean-Marie is most famous for her black silk dresses that are often times very revealing.

FreedomFighterI.pngGoldenValkiye.pngMysticMasterI-2.pngParagonI.pngPrivateer-2.png

RaptorI.png

quite a group welcome

Bubba, could you please do without quoting the whole post, if replying to posts like that. It really annoys me to scroll down to the bottom of the thread only to find a whole post of images reposted in your four-word-reply.

It would be very kind of you to think about that, thank you.

After a quick hop across my multiverse, I present the United Nations's only superhero team, the League of Heroes. By the way, I'm sorry about the size of my posts. After this, I'll try to stick to single pictures.

America (Unknown Soldier), Russia (Major Ursus), UK (Major Tom), China (Shooting Star), France (Musketeer), Germany (Overman), Japan (Rising Sun), and Greece (Hephestus)

America.pngRussia-1.pngUK.pngChina.png

France.pngGermany.pngJapan.pngHephestus.png

Deadeas' posts got me thinking about an international team of flag-suited heroes, one based strictly in Europe. Let me present the first three members of . . .

European Union!

From Scotland, a nigh-immortal warrior with superhuman stamina and strength: Claymore!

From England, a woman who can project Red and White energies in the defence of justice: Rose!

From Germany, a man in powered armor that represents the very latest in German engineering: Wehrmacht!

EUScot.pngEUEngl.pngEUGerm.png

Enjoy, and please feel free to add to the roster as you see fit!

Susano is right. Wehrmacht refers to the armed forces of Nazi Germany, so the name is impossible for a modern day hero clad in the flag of the Federal Republic of Germany.

Name him: Wächter der Freiheit (Guardian of Freedom), Staatsmann (Statesman), Kraftprotz (Powerhouse), Feldwebel (Sergeant), Bundesadler (Federal Eagle)

yellowrose.png

Yellow Rose (of Texas)

Background

Samantha Cross was born a mutant with certain mental abilities the most powerful being the ability to read other peoples minds. As psychic she came to help the police in a number of murder cases. Samantha even aided in the conviction of the serial killer Maxwell Rogers, who would later become the super-villain known as Leathal Injection after he escaped prison.

Samantha's experiences iwh the police and the thrill of the case made Samantha decide to become a private detective in her own right. Her agency is known as the Souther Cross Detective agency. Samantha has also started calling herself the Yellow Rose of Texas.

One of her first cases was almost her last, when she accepted the task of hunting down the super-villain group called the Executioners, to which Leathal Injection was a member. It was during this case that she meet the super-hero Rawhide. It was Rawhide who had fatally shot the Headsman during Samantha's pursuit of the Executioners. However, the Executioners were able to make their escape to a local prison. Using her mental powers, Samantha was able to track the super-villains to a the prison. But once again the villains escaped after freeing all of the inmates. In the escape, Samantha was almost had the life choked out of her by the rope that the Hangman used. Again it was Rawhide who came to her rescue.

In the aftermath of the prison escape, Samantha sat down with Rawhide and they both decided that they worked well as a team. Both agreed that there are a lot of villians running around, and with a little help they could track down these desperadoes and possibly make a buck or two while at it. Since that time, Samantha has headed the Southern Cross Detective Agency, and has gathered a few other super-powered people into the agency. Needless to say, Samantha and Rawhide have also become quite close.

"This is one Texan you don't want to be messin' with."

Personality

Samantha is known for her stubborness. Once she sets her mind on somethins, it is nearly impossilbe to change it. Samantha has fallen in love with Rwahide, and has become very protective of him. She also has a strong moral code that doesn't include killing. Samantha and Rawhide had a long arguement after he killed the Headsman.

Powers/Tactics

Samantha has a variety f mental powers. She's able to track another persons mind over long distances. Close up Samantha is able to read a persons mind. For defense Samantha is able to overload a foes mind with a telepathic burst. Normally Samantha will only used her mental powers on known criminals. Through training of her mind, Samantha has grown resistant to mental pwers that are used against her. Samantha can also decte when mental powers are being used around her.

As Yellow Rose, Samantha wears a special reinforced costume that has foldable wings under the arms. With the wings Samantha is able to glide across short distances.

Appearance

Samantha wears a skintight bodysuit that covers her entire body except for her head. The bodysuit is mostly white with yellow piping. The foldable wings under her arms are transparent. Her gloves and boots are also yellow in color. Even though Samantha has a super-heroine name, she doesn't wear a mask. Across one breast of her bodysuit is stitched a yellow rose. Otherwise, Samantha is a tall athletic woman with long blond hair.

This was the best I could do.... turned out ok...not perfect, but...

The villains from the Land of the Lost...

Beware of the Sleestak

sleestak.jpg

They've been playing that show on Sci-Fi Channel. I forgotten how 'Cheesy' is was.:idjit: