A DC Animated-style HeroMachine

Theron

Re: A DC Animated-style HeroMachine

They've been playing that show on Sci-Fi Channel. I forgotten how 'Cheesy' is was.:idjit:

It was bad acting and poor '70's special effects, but it is really an intelligent series. There were a lot of amazing scifi concepts. Much more advanced than people give it credit for.

mane.png

Mane

Background

Mane is the name that was given to the creature that was discovered by Professor Horatio Harsgrove, a zoologist who was traveling near Mount Kilaminjaro. The creature had obviously been in a terrible battle and had suffered a major concussion. He had a complete memory loss, not knowing who he was nor how he came be in the shadow Mount Kilaminjaro. Despite his wounds, Professor Harsgrove was able to get the creature to a nearby ranger station, where the creatures wounded were tended to. That very night the ranger station was attacked by a band of unknown creatures. Luckily Mane was able to drive off the attackers. The creatures never returned. After a sleepless night, Professor Harsgrove and Mane, as the proessor had started calling him, left for a nearby airport where they took a plane back to the United States.

Mane has since remained with Professor Harsgrove acting as his research assistant. He has sknown a keen insight into zoology. Duie to his uniquensss Mane has become the target of attacks by villainous organizations who want to capture him and study him. Since these attacks, Mane had chosen to use his abilities to fight these super-villains and their minions as a super-hero. Sometimes Mane has been attacked by the same creatures that attacked him at the ranger station, but no one has ever got a clear look at them. Professor Harsgrove thinks there might be a contection between these creatures and Mane, but to date Mane has never captured one.

"The name is Mane and don't you forget it."

Personality

Mane doesn't remember his past, let alone his real name. He is what Professor Harsgrove called him. However, Mane occasionally gets flashes of memories but none of it has ever made any sense to him. Mane is a very proud individual with an almost noble bearing. He's quite aware of how strong he is and often takes needless risks. Also Mane is easily excitable and really enjoys helping people as a super-hero. Even at times when people pull away from him due to his appearance. This generally mankes Mane try that much harder to win their respect.

Powers/Tactics

Mane is a creature with lion-like features and abilities. Growing form his hands and feet are a set of retractable razo sharp claws, which can shred steel with ease. Physically, Mane is a lot stronger, faster, and more reistant to injury than a normal person. Mane is also able to heal quickly from any wound. His vision is quite keen, and is able to see in the dark as if it were a brightly lit sunny day. Mane is super swift able to run and jump over long distances with ease. Due to his super-human agility, Mane is a natural acobat and tumbler.

Appearance

Mane is built like a powerfully built man with the head of a lion. He stands 6'7" tall and weighs close to 400 lbs. and all of that is muscle. While Mane's head is like a lions, his teeth are more human-like. His hands and feet end with a set of retractable razor sharp claws. Manes' entire body is covered by short tawny fur. Due to his Mane only wears a pair of black trunks as a costume. Across his forearms and shins Mane wear black guards. Criss-crossing his chest are a pair of silver bands. Mane also always goes barefoot. When working alongside Professor Harsgrove, Mane likes to wear clothing common for a research assistant. Because of his unique form it would be impossible for Mane to keep a secret identity.

if i may ask' date='whats his backstory?[/quote']

Here's the history I wrote on him a few months back. Please keep in mind, the game started in the Golden Age, so it's a little hokey.

Throughout history, there have always been individuals fated to become great. Aiden Kennedy is one such person. Born at the beginning of the last century, Aiden was marked by the gods as a Centurion, an being exempt from the effects of age and disease. After learning of his nature, Aiden vowed to dedicate his life to the cause of justice and freedom. For nearly 75 years, he has been Deadeas, the immortal spectre of justice!

sunbeam.png

Sun Beam

Background

Lisa Foster is the daughter of the famous astronaught William Foster. While her father was in space he was exposed to cosmic radiation while on a mission for NASA. Because of his exposure to cosmic radiation his daughter was born a mutant. Her powers over fire didn't become evident until Lisa reached adolesence. However, Lisa was able to keeper her powers hidden from the public.

Like her father, Lisa too became an astronaught. Lisa was able to secretly use her powers on a number of missions in space. However, it was on her last mission into space that disaster struck. A villainous organization had become interested in the solar collector that Lisa was supposed to install while in space. The agents struck while Lisa was outside the space shuttle, and she was forced to use her power to drive the agents away from the space shuttle.

Since then Lisa has taken on a crime fighting persona known as Sun Beam. As Sun Beam she has battled a number of super-villains and villainous organizations. To help her in her crime fighting efforts, Lisa has even joined a band of super-hero mutants known as the Crusaders. Unfortunately NASA has also started to take a notice of Sun Beams' activities.

Quote:

"I am the torchbearer of a new age."

Personality

Lisa is a driven individual, a rea go getters. She goes at her work at a hundred percent. This also applies to when Lisa takes on her costumed identity of Sun Beam. Lisa is quite confident in her abilities and powers to face any foe. This has made her make mistakes at times against obviously more powerful foes. Lisa also realises how powerful her powers can be and avoids at all costs any attack that she would make that would possibly kill someone.

Powers/Tactics

Lisa is a really powerful pyrokenetic. When using her powers Lisa is constantly surrounded by flames. These flames act as a defensive shield for Lisa protecting her from almost any kind of harm. Lisa is able to project flames away from herself and can cause massive damage to her foes. She can also use the heat generated by her flames to create a corona of heat around her and fly. Lisa is also able travel long distances in space. Her mutant physiology protects her from the ravages of space. Lisa can change between her secret identity and her heroine persona with ease.

Appearance

Lisa stands 5'6" tall and weighs about 115 lbs. She has long fiery red hair and green eyes. When Lisa becomes Sun Beam, she becomes surrounded by a fiery corona. At times this makes it hard to look at due to the glare. As Sun Beam, Lisa wears a skin-tight yellow leotard with a black belt. Her gloves and boots are likewise yellow. Furthermore, when Lisa transforms her skin takes on a reddish hue, and her eyes become flames.

Help me name this guy.

He is an intergalactic warlord that has united five warrior-like planets and has launched an attack against some of the peaceful planets in the galaxy.

Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Another Dimension

Don't you tell me to smile

You stick around I'll make it worth your while

Got numbers beyond what you can dial

Maybe it's because I'm so versatile

Style profile I said

It always brings me back when I hear Ooh Child

>From the Hudson River out to the Nile

I run the marathon just up until the very last mile

If you battle me I will revile

People always say my style is wild

You've got gall you've got guile