What happened to San Angelo?

Bud Gray

Re: What happened to San Angelo?

Thank you for unearthing and transcribing that, TQM. :)

Just to add a bit of data: Gold Rush Games did publish an additional supplement for San Angelo a few years ago, with multiple game stats including HERO Fifth Edition: The Dragon's Gate: San Angelo's Chinatown. Apparently the sales for it were disappointing, which dampened GRG's enthusiasm for updating the setting generally. (Dragon's Gate was published in both hardcopy and PDF - I'd have to check on the Internet as to whether the PDF is still available for purchase.)

Despite that disappointment, GRG did hire one of our board colleagues, Rob Miller, who posts here as RPMiller, to revise and expand San Angelo. Unfortunately, with the state of the company as prez Mark Arsenault describes it above, that project has been languishing. Rob Miller would likely be the person to ask about its current status. Hopefully he'll see this thread and offer some input. (I just sent a Private Message to Rob pointing out the thread to him.)

If your interested I can email you the unstated sourcebooks; Arroyo Verde - High-Tech San Angelo.pdf ' date=' [b']PART Sourcebook.pdf [/b], and the San Angelo City of Heroes Map.pdf .

Cheers

QM

I would also be very interested in those items. I plan on using SA for my campaign city when I start running my game.

If your interested I can email you the unstated sourcebooks; Arroyo Verde - High-Tech San Angelo.pdf ' date=' [b']PART Sourcebook.pdf [/b], and the San Angelo City of Heroes Map.pdf .

Cheers

QM

Add me to the chorus looking to take a gander at those pdf's, and thanks !!

My current Team Norfolk campaign owes much of it's inspiration to San

Angelo. :thumbup:

And yes, those who are in that campaign should probably avoid reading that

supplement.... :sneaky:

-Carl-

Thank you for unearthing and transcribing that, TQM. :)

Just to add a bit of data: Gold Rush Games did publish an additional supplement for San Angelo a few years ago, with multiple game stats including HERO Fifth Edition: The Dragon's Gate: San Angelo's Chinatown. Apparently the sales for it were disappointing, which dampened GRG's enthusiasm for updating the setting generally. (Dragon's Gate was published in both hardcopy and PDF - I'd have to check on the Internet as to whether the PDF is still available for purchase.)

Chinatown!!! There was a Chinatown supplement? I need to get that one, I have the others...

Cheers

QM

Me too me too me too :D:D especially the map.....

hmmmm......mapsssss......hmmmmmm.......:doi:

Thanks for making the San Angelo stuff available, QM. Repped.

I'm about to wrap up a closed-ended campaign, and while I'm not planning on GMing again anytime soon (gotta love grad school!), San Angelo would be a great setting.

I might still have the old stats for the Arroyo Verde characters laying around. I don't know if Mark or Steve would have any objections to my posting them somewhere, but if not and if I do have them I might be willing to update them to 5ER (via HD) and post accordingly.

I might still have the old stats for the Arroyo Verde characters laying around. I don't know if Mark or Steve would have any objections to my posting them somewhere' date=' but if not and if I do have them I [i']might[/i] be willing to update them to 5ER (via HD) and post accordingly.

I would love to have them. Everybody did such a good job righting up characters for San Angelo.

That would be fantastic

QM

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I might still have the old stats for the Arroyo Verde characters laying around. I don't know if Mark or Steve would have any objections to my posting them somewhere' date=' but if not and if I do have them I [i']might[/i] be willing to update them to 5ER (via HD) and post accordingly.

bring em on!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Does anyone know if there has ever been any thought of updating San Angelo to 5/6th edition and the timeline? Reading my original books and the PDFs here makes me really want more for the city. I am doing some updating/changing for my upcoming campaign. In the front of the Arroyo Verde book it mentions Mystics of San Angelo.