Am I The Only One Here Jonesing For Atlantean Age?

Theron

Re: Am I The Only One Here Jonesing For Atlantean Age?

Nope, I'm waiting anxiously for it.

They're just waiting on the cover art, then off to the printers.

Cool, thanks :thumbup:

Saved me from having to ask ;)

Sorry for the semi-hijack but.....Any timeline on Monster Island? :D

Honestly, I have picked up two campaign books from HERO and while both are functional, they both failed to "grab" me. I am interested in seeing Atlantean Age, but that interest has somewhat waned. I will most likely pick up Atlantean Age at some point but I don't hold out much hope that it will be more engaging than Turakian Age or Tuala Morn.

I'm planning on getting it. Based on Tuala Morn (which I was really looking forward to), I suspect it won't make me want to run the setting as written (too dry) but that it will have plenty of crunchy bits I can use for my own games.

cheers, Mark

Too dry is exactly it. The information is too encyclopedic for my tastes. That works really well in Genre books and the Rule books, but not so well in Setting books (sorry Steve).

Still, I have found things in every HERO book I have purchased, including Dragon Mandarin and Ultimate Mystic that have made the purchase worthwhile. I will pick up Atlantean Age just because there will be hidden gems in there somewhere.

I'm probably the oddball here, but being encyclopedic is what I like about them. Of course I tend to only use bits and pieces rather anything whole cloth. Even with Hudson City I tend to use the maps and neighborhood guide as a guides rather than as written.