Darth Vader vs. The Hulk

Ken Solo

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Darth Vader vs. The Hulk

Could Dr. Doom beat the Hulk? No? Then how the heck could Vader do it?

Writer's Caveat.

Doom did beat the Beyonder when the writer's wanted him to.

That's the fallacy behind these "discussions."

The writer's frame everything - meta-fiction rules the day.

The goats win.

Writer's Caveat.

The goats win.

Bingo. Unfortunately, I can't rep you again.

Anyone else able to rep Von for me? It would be appreciated.

Writer's Caveat.

The goats win.

Though I agree with you in principle, I maintain that a writer would struggle mightily with this match up. This would be tantamount to that much reviled Wolverine/Lobo match-up that had to take place off camera. In that case, the writer couldn't even bring himself to script a scenario where that epic mismatch and upset could be plausible. So it would have to be here.

Doom's cunning and subterfuge defeated the young Beyonder's innocent naivete. (However briefly.)

Wolverine's ability to understand his opponent allowed him to subvert Lobo's flagrantly feeble values.

Spiderman's (yes, I know it really was just because his name was on the cover; face it, no one wanted to read three different Firelord titles a month in the 1980's if Spidey lost) humble stick-to-itiveness overcame Firelord's arrogance, vainglory and impatience.

All of Vader, summed up, against all of Hulk, summed up.. Well, Vader could blow up the Earth from somewhere outside the Moon's orbit. Hulk can't destroy the entire Empire. Vader wins at that level. Face-to-face, the contest is equally one-sided, in the other direction. Cunning Hulk has more guile than cunning Vader. Strong Hulk is orders of magnitude stronger than strong Vader. Smart Vader has the apparent edge on smart Banner, but Banner's been extremely quick to pick up and radically improve new technologies, where Vader was raised in the world of advanced technology and only made incremental improvements.

*wanders in from the dude and thing thread*

So if the Thing the Dude has is all glowy does that mean Vader is the Dude cause he has some Thing that's all glowy?

*wanders back out again*

Well if Vader is the Dude, the Hulk definitely has a lease with an option to own (pwn?) the Thing. If it's the other way around, Vader should be looking for a good second-hand Thing with low miles from a little old lady from Pasadena. Otherwise, he can only gaze at the Thing with longing from afar. That glow would be helpful there.

Well, just like the Enterprise vs Star Destroyer question, the setting needs to be established:

So FTR:

They are required to do combat, not just ignore each other, or one makes a pre emptive retreat.

Neither is required by plot to win.

Neither is in his own medium so his fan base can't expect an automatic win.

This is not the final showdown, so Hero won't automatically beat Villain.

It is Strong/Stupid Hulk (with the caveat that other personalities, mental defense etc as well) vs Vader alone, without his massive contact perk.

OK, that set out, it still depends. :D

IF Vader assumes he is facing some sort of green less shaggy whompa, then he loses at the first punch. However, I'm of the belief that The Force will instantly tell Vader that he is facing a principal, not a mook.

Vader's best bet is to use TK to simply pick Hulk up off wherever he is standing. Hulk flailing around not being able to grab anything negates 90% of his abilities. Would Vader be able to withstand the sonic clap? Donno. I suspect he would. IF he survived that without being stunned and dropping the TK, his next step would be to use the Force to put Hulk in vacuum, which cancels that technique.

Another trick would be to try the "choke at range" stunt (it won't work, all Vader's strength including his Force augmentation wouldn't even tickle Hulk's throat): However, he might try just blocking Hulk's airway.

Does Hulk have life support? I'm guessing he does, since I'm sure he has been stranded in space at least once over his career.

Another advantage Vader might have: If Hulk accepted Binks as a sidekick, how would that gangly massive pile of Unluck affect the fight?

Midas

Now, if they're built on the same 350 points with a 75 AP Cap, a Brick vs. a Martial Artist with an OAF HKA vs ED and a small VPP Gestures RSR (Power Skill Force)..

I'd have to say it could go either way, depending on Stun Lotto, but experience favors the Martial Artist by odds of about 5:2.

Now, if they're built on the same 350 points with a 75 AP Cap, a Brick vs. a Martial Artist with an OAF HKA vs ED and a small VPP Gestures RSR (Power Skill Force)..

I'd have to say it could go either way, depending on Stun Lotto, but experience favors the Martial Artist by odds of about 5:2.

I'll go with that analysis, but that is not really the premise. That's about 100 points too many for Vader and 500 points too few for The Hulk.

Vader without the fleet? And they have to fight? Is there even a debate?

Yep. Like I said in earlier, all Vader has to do is hold Hulk off the ground until he can find *something* to do to him.

Except for the Sonic Clap and the occasional thing to throw, Hulk has no ranged attacks.

Now that I think about it, is anybody else reminded of the "Captain Stern" story from Heavy Metal?

Midas

Hulk's ranged attacks:

Sonic clap. NND, defense is Immunity to Disease. AoE.

Earthshaker. (Doesn't apply if Hulk can't reach the ground with any attack.)

Stretching. Kirby Perspective fists can reach anything.

Gamma Field. Sure, it's only a powerful radioactive globe surrounding the Hulk, but it's also Deus Ex Machina. Wonder how midichlorians deal with that, huh?

Spit in the Eye. That's radioactive green Hulkspit. In the eye. Take that, Sithboy.

Purple Spear. One recoverable charge. OIF Purple Pants. One phase delay to remove pants and spin into a rat-tail-like projectile. Sure, it means Hulk is naked, but that's never exactly been a disadvantage for him.

Grunge from Under Hulk's Fingernails. Ten charges. Gamma-irradiated Hulk-Grunge, thrown with Hulk Strength...

The Star Destroyer wins! Or was that the Enterprise?

That should really fan the flames. Oh wait, forgot one....

And Spiderman could so easily beat the snot out of Firelord.

;)

Dude, you totally forgot about Dr. Destroyer vs. Takofanes. And Batman vs. Cap. :D

Yep. Like I said in earlier, all Vader has to do is hold Hulk off the ground until he can find *something* to do to him.

Except for the Sonic Clap and the occasional thing to throw, Hulk has no ranged attacks.

So you're saying Marvel Girl could have whupped the Hulk?

Of course even if the Hulk couldn't break free of the TK, which he almost surely could, "finding something to do with him" is rather the sticking point of your scenario.

Purple Spear. One recoverable charge. OIF Purple Pants. One phase delay to remove pants and spin into a rat-tail-like projectile. Sure' date=' it means Hulk is naked, but that's never exactly been a disadvantage for him.[/quote']

Oh that so reminds me of one of my favourite Hulk (when he was the Professor version) issues. Inside the Leader's base, X-Ray from the U-Foes blast him down to almost bones, but stops at the Leader's request. When the Hulk heals, he is of course naked. The show him walking towards Stern's with one monstrous leg covering his nether regions when the Leader says, "Dr. Banner please put some pants on, their are ladies present, and besides your giving some of us and inferiority complex."

:rolleyes: Ha ha. Repped. OK, since we are discussing one fantasy character (sub genre Space Opera) vs another (sub genre Superheroic), lets go there. :doi:

Hulk's ranged attacks:

Sonic clap. NND, defense is Immunity to Disease. AoE.

Had to think about that one for a moment. :slap:

Earthshaker. (Doesn't apply if Hulk can't reach the ground with any attack.)

Stretching. Kirby Perspective fists can reach anything.

Hmnn, as far as Vader's tk/ranged NND perhaps? :D

Gamma Field. Sure, it's only a powerful radioactive globe surrounding the Hulk, but it's also Deus Ex Machina. Wonder how midichlorians deal with that, huh?

Not familiar with this particular power. The Hulk is a walking mutagen "radiation accident"? Lord only knows what would happen? Vader regenerating would be...interesting.

Spit in the Eye. That's radioactive green Hulkspit. In the eye. Take that, Sithboy.

VRRRNNNG VRRRRRNNG probably deflectable, but what kind of knockback would it have?

Purple Spear. One recoverable charge. OIF Purple Pants. One phase delay to remove pants and spin into a rat-tail-like projectile. Sure, it means Hulk is naked, but that's never exactly been a disadvantage for him.

Happens to cousin Jen all the time. However, like Jen's underwear sometimes, the Purpleness may not be removable: Protected by Comic's Code .

Grunge from Under Hulk's Fingernails. Ten charges. Gamma-irradiated Hulk-Grunge, thrown with Hulk Strength...

Hits lightsaber: BZZZZZZT: Now cloud of area effect incapacitating nausea. :ugly:

Midas

So you're saying Marvel Girl could have whupped the Hulk?

Of course even if the Hulk couldn't break free of the TK, which he almost surely could, "finding something to do with him" is rather the sticking point of your scenario.

Jean Gray's first incarnation? "OH, pretty! Hulk twirl finger in pretty girl's hair!" No, because sooner or later she would get tired of holding him in the air, and then it would be over.

Break free how? I'm not using TK as a grab or entangle, merely removing any convenient shoving off spots for those power leap and grapples that Hulk would use first.

It would depend. On a ship, the obvious thing to do would be to place Hulk out the airlock (with a bubble of air) until he cools down. Then Vader could practice his seduction techniques*. "Dr Banner, consider that The Dark Side could end your curse..."

Planetside it would be more difficult: "LOOK! The Goodrich blimp!" **

But actually, I agree with you. Unless Vader came up with something, sooner or later he's going to look like more like R2D2. But unless it was a sudden encounter with no recon, it wouldn't be over between one pane and the next. The only one who could stand up to Hulk is Superman, and he is -usually- in another universe.

BTW, you still haven't touched Vader's most powerful secret weapon: Jar Jar Binks. :nonp:

"Me sey sorry big green friend trip on beach..."

Midas

*OK, either out of the gutter or back to the Thing thread, you maroons. You know what I mean. :rolleyes:

** OK, how old are you to remember that joke?

Then Vader could practice his seduction techniques*.

When put like that, it really does make for an excruciatingly ugly mental picture.

"Dr Banner' date=' consider that The Dark Side could end your curse..." [/quote']

OK, that's better.

And of course, we all know just how incredibly successful Darth is when it comes to 'Dark Side' recruitment.