Foods for those that just don't care anymore

nexus

Re: Foods for those that just don't care anymore

Never. Never, ever. Never, never, never, ever put pineapple on a pizza. I don't know who told you people that this was acceptable, but NO. Just, NO.

People will eat fruit on a pizza, but they won't touch anchovies. Go figure.

Ham, Pineapple, and Green Peppers make an awesome pizza.

I won't touch anchovies on a pizza because, well, I don't like them. Tried 'em, didn't care for 'em.

(Though' date=' to be fair, I've always read that Kobe beef as a burger is both a rip-off and a disservice to the beef.)[/quote']

The Ruby Tuesday's chain (who could hang a name on them?) advertised a burger make from three different very expensive cuts of meat. Fast-food chains are advertising hamburgers made from sirloin.

I'm sorry, but sirloin of whatever grade is wasted on a burger. It has innumerable better uses, from steaks to being used in quality stroganoff or sukiyaki. But grinding it up for a burger? that's excess.

Never. Never, ever. Never, never, never, ever put pineapple on a pizza. I don't know who told you people that this was acceptable, but NO. Just, NO.

People will eat fruit on a pizza, but they won't touch anchovies. Go figure.

I'll never understand the need some people have to tell other people what they are allowed to enjoy.

I love pineapple on pizza. I can't stand anchovies, on or off pizza. But I'd never tell anyone that anchovies (or for the most part anything else) should never be put on a pizza by anyone. I'll just settle for "not on any pizza I'm expected to eat/pay for". Onions, bell peppers, and a variety of other things are on that list too.

So no, despite your wishes otherwise, I'll keep ordering and making pizzas with Pineapple on them. :P

Ham, Pineapple, and Green Peppers make an awesome pizza.

I won't touch anchovies on a pizza because, well, I don't like them. Tried 'em, didn't care for 'em.

Just because your post started me thinking about it:

I'd love to know when "Hawaiian Pizza" stopped being "Ham/Can Bac and Pineapple" and became "Ham/Can Bac, Pineapple, onions, and bell peppers". Terribly annoying that...

I'd love to know when "Hawaiian Pizza" stopped being "Ham/Can Bac and Pineapple" and became "Ham/Can Bac, Pineapple, onions, and bell peppers". Terribly annoying that...

When they realized they could charge for 2 more toppings?

I've also had black olives on a ham/pineapple pizza before, which worked out well.

I dunno, that hasn't filtered over here yet ... Hawaiian is just Ham and Pineapple (I have to add the peppers). I hadn't considered onion, though ... that sounds good. But then, I like well-loaded pizza. :)

I dunno' date=' that hasn't filtered over here yet ... Hawaiian is just Ham and Pineapple (I have to add the peppers). I hadn't considered onion, though ... that sounds good. But then, I like well-loaded pizza. :)[/quote']

It seems to be just some places. They only time that it really annoys me is at pizza by the slice places, since none of the ones I've come across out here let you customize your slices. Which means that I can't generally get ham and pineapple slices, since they make them with all of that other stuff on them. There was a great place I used to get slices at many years ago that just made cheese pizzas and then would add whatever toppings you wanted and pop the slices in the oven for a few minutes. Can't remember the name of it anymore...

Oh, and I love a well-loaded pizza. Just loaded with things that I like. Which pretty much limits it to meats, mushrooms, and pineapple. Occasionally black olives. And of course my standard maxim when dealing with food always applies: If it doesn't have meat in it, it is at best a side dish. Maybe just a snack.

If I'm doing onion on a pizza, I prefer caramelized to raw (or just scallions). The "fancy" pizza place we like to go to has as their Hawaiian be pineapple, ham & regular bacon.

Meanwhile, there's a nice Mexican place right across the street that has a braised pork taco with grilled pineapple. It's not bad, but I think I could improve on it at home. I just need to figure out the best way to braise pork shoulder first.

You just like it when people come up and press the button.

(I don't even want to know what happens when they do)

Depends on the person. :D

So far it has only been my almost two year old daughter that has done it. Without even any prompting. She recognized the button as a button, and since she is addicted to pressing buttons she presses it...

My fave pizza is currently the pepperoni smokehouse combo from Roundtable, though the italian garlic supreme is tasty, too. I like the meat loaded pizzas, but it can actually be a bit monotonous, so I prefer a few veggies in there to change things up.

If I'm doing onion on a pizza, I prefer caramelized to raw (or just scallions). The "fancy" pizza place we like to go to has as their Hawaiian be pineapple, ham & regular bacon.

Meanwhile, there's a nice Mexican place right across the street that has a braised pork taco with grilled pineapple. It's not bad, but I think I could improve on it at home. I just need to figure out the best way to braise pork shoulder first.

I can only eat onions that have been caramelized to the point of having no texture left, otherwise they make me physically ill. Which sucks, since I love the flavor of onion. This means I go through a lot of onion powder. :)

Sounds like I'd like your local "fancy" pizza place...

I'll never understand the need some people have to tell other people what they are allowed to enjoy.

I love pineapple on pizza. I can't stand anchovies, on or off pizza. But I'd never tell anyone that anchovies (or for the most part anything else) should never be put on a pizza by anyone. I'll just settle for "not on any pizza I'm expected to eat/pay for". Onions, bell peppers, and a variety of other things are on that list too.

So no, despite your wishes otherwise, I'll keep ordering and making pizzas with Pineapple on them. :P

My comments fall more under the banner of hyperbole than dogma. Though I am quite well informed on the subjects of pizza and gluttony in general, my brief does not confer executive powers over other people's sad delusions about what makes a good pie. Go in peace, you poor misguided man.;)

Depends on the person. :D

So far it has only been my almost two year old daughter that has done it. Without even any prompting. She recognized the button as a button, and since she is addicted to pressing buttons she presses it...

Don't let her near any self destruct buttons.

My comments fall more under the banner of hyperbole than dogma. Though I am quite well informed on the subjects of pizza and gluttony in general' date=' my brief does not confer executive powers over other people's sad delusions about what makes a good pie. Go in peace, you poor misguided man.;)[/quote']

Sorry, I should've noted that I while I realized you were likely just engaging in hyperbole that I've actually met people who have said the same thing but truly meant it. Up to and including people wondering why it was legal to call something that had pineapple on it pizza.

And hey, I have no problems with you not liking good 'za. Leaves more for me. ;)