Unworkable Premises for a Campaign

Clonus

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Unworkable Premises for a Campaign

"Z"

Zoe Zeigler, banking heiress. The original J.A.P.. She caught the big guy on the rebound from from a previous marriage. There's was a whirlwind romance. A quick marriage and a trip through the exposure device made her stronger and tougher than any ordinary woman. It didn't make her any steadier.

He caught her sleeping with an old flame, and wouldn't listen to any of her explanations: "It's not like I make a habit of it, and he's not one of your friends." As far as she was concerned it wasn't a betrayal as the big guy hadn't actually lost anything on the deal.

Divorce paper were filed. He left before the ink was dry. He claims he has nothing to do with Zoe's subsequent transformation. She can't prove it, but she thinks its his revenge. If it was an accident, it wouldn't be so damned perfect.

In his original description' date=' Clonus had the "spunky girl reporter" as the first of Sentinel's wives. I'd like to keep it that way...would that be all right with the GM and the other players?[/quote']

Fine by me... although... I might have "the Mermaid" having met Sentinel at college, but not getting together with him until years/decades later. That's a Lori Lemaris thing, of course.

Would that be a problem?

I don't know if accessing Hero Central's features is even possible on my Kings of Edom-era iBook (seriously, I'm lucky it's still compatible with the internet at all). But just for the fun of character creation...

"Super Model"

Marenka Novak, glitterati fashion model. A steely Czech beauty, toast of the runways in mid-90s Paris and Milan. She learned long ago that the key to getting anything she wanted from a man was combining her stunning looks with frosty indifference. Unsurprisingly, a super-man is no different. Her refusal to be impressed by Sentinel's fame and elaborate attempts at courtship resulted in him being driven to distraction and, eventually, to her becoming Wife #6. The alien enhancement treatment necessary for her safety resulted not only in superhuman physical power, but an eerie augmentation of her already reknowned beauty. Only her severe and unforgiving personality resisted improvement.

As it turned out, Sentinel wasn't so highly evolved as to be beyond the grip of jealousy. The fact that his bride turned the head of every man present and attracted a constant stream of admirers and sycophants rankled. Accusations of flirtation, and eventually, infidelity, flew. For her part, Marenka was less than thrilled by becoming tabloid fodder – the monicker "Super Model" was decidely not of her own choosing – and loathed being viewed as an object by possessive men, whether they were strangers or her own husband. The couple fell to bickering, and divorced barely two years after exchanging vows.

Nowadays Marenka is grateful for the occasional company of her fellow former wives, perhaps the only women who can also appreciate the downside of marrying the world's most admired man. She views their heroic efforts as a sort of socially conscious hobby, like friends who meet to do charity work over cosmopolitans.

Fine by me... although... I might have "the Mermaid" having met Sentinel at college' date=' but not getting together with him until years/decades later. That's a Lori Lemaris thing, of course.[/quote']

As legendary as the Lois & Clark relationshp is, Lori Lemaris seems to me to have been the great love of Clark's life. Of "the big three," Lana, Lori and Lois, Lori was the only one he offered to give up being Superman for. I wonder if she might have married so quickly to protect Clark from himself.

Which could have relevance for your character. Maybe previously married? Maybe married again soon after the divorce?

Which could have relevance for your character. Maybe previously married? Maybe married again soon after the divorce?

I'm still mulling over this stuff.

I think the fact that my character is a telepath is relevant, as is, of course, that she isn't human, and the surface world isn't her natural environment. I suspect it was probably the latter factor that doomed things. On the other hand, she is clearly comfortable enough on the surface for her to stick around for the duration of the game!

I see the breakup as having been as amicable as such things can be - the relationship was possibly a mistake, but the friendship and mutual understanding wasn't.

Fine by me... although... I might have "the Mermaid" having met Sentinel at college, but not getting together with him until years/decades later. That's a Lori Lemaris thing, of course.

Would that be a problem?

Oh. Ahem. Thing is, Sentinel couldn't have gone to college before World War II. He wasn't rocketed to Earth as a baby. Although it isn't generally known, he arrived as an adult in 1939. There are plot reasons for that. He would have gone to college on Earth for the first time in the late 60s when he was setting up his second secret identity.

Cindy's insistance on keeping the marriage secret, and her refusal to start a family as soon as she finished the academy, made Sentinel feel she was putting her carreer ahead of her. Contrarywise she never felt that he took her carreer, and by extension her, seriously. "It's a nice little hobby, dear, but not real crimefighting like I do," is what she heard, no matter what was actually said.

Submitted for approval, rough drafts of Cindy and her K-9 partner, Rudy.

Lucinda Lobo

Player:

Val Char Cost

30 STR 0

13 DEX 9

15 CON 10

12 BODY 4

18 INT 8

14 EGO 8

20/30 PRE 10

16 COM 3

20/25 PD 0

10/15 ED 0

4 SPD 17

9 REC 0

30 END 0

35 STUN 0

9" RUN 6

3" SWIM 1

8" LEAP 2

Characteristics Cost: 78

Cost Power END

Woman of Steel

30 1) +20 STR, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (30 Active Points)

32 2) Armor (14 PD/7 ED) 0

9 3) Regeneration: Healing BODY 1d6 (standard effect: 3 points), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (20 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12), -1 1/4) 0

6 4) Life Support (Longevity: 400 Years; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat) 0

5 Mind link with Rudy: Mind Link , One Specific Mind, Psychic Bond (10 Active Points); Only With Others Who Have Mind Link (-1) 0

30 Clairsentience (Sight, Radio, Touch, Smell/Taste And Hearing Groups) (60 Active Points); Only Through The Senses Of Rudy (-1/2), Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (1/2 DCV; -1/2) 6

Cop on the Beat

8 1) Uniformed Presence: +10 PRE (10 Active Points); Only In Uniform (-1/4)

6 2) Type II Body Armor: Armor (5 PD/5 ED), Hardened (+1/4) (19 Active Points); Activation Roll 11- (-1), OIF (-1/2), Only In Uniform (-1/4), Real Armor (-1/4) 0

34 Policeman's Belt: Multipower, 60-point reserve, (60 Active Points); all slots OIF (-1/2), Only In Uniform (-1/4) [Notes: After p. 273 of Dark Champions]

1u 1) .41 Automatic, standard load: Killing Attack - Ranged 2d6 (30 Active Points); OIF (-1/2), Beam (-1/4), Real Weapon (-1/4), 4 clips of 6 Charges (-1/4), Only In Uniform (-1/4) [6]

1u 2) Entangle 4d6, 4 DEF, Takes No Damage From Attacks All Attacks (+1/2) (60 Active Points); 1 Recoverable Charge (-1 1/4), Set Effect (Hands Only) (-1), Does Not Prevent The Use Of Accessible Foci (-1), No Range (-1/2), Must follow grab or target not resisting (-1/2), Can be Escaped automatically with modified lockpicking or contortionist roll (-1/2), OIF (-1/2), Cannot Form Barriers (-1/4), Only In Uniform (-1/4) [1 rc]

1u 3) Hand-To-Hand Attack +6d6 (30 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2), OIF (-1/2), Real Weapon (-1/4), Only In Uniform (-1/4) 3

2u 4) Pepper Spray: (Total: 60 Active Cost, 22 Real Cost) Sight Group Flash 3d6, No Normal Defense ([solid eye covering]; +1) (30 Active Points); No Range (-1/2), OIF (-1/2), Real Weapon (-1/4), 12 Charges (-1/4), Only In Uniform (-1/4) (Real Cost: 11) plus Energy Blast 3d6, No Normal Defense ([solid eye covering]; +1) (30 Active Points); No Range (-1/2), OIF (-1/2), Real Weapon (-1/4), 12 Charges (-1/4), Only In Uniform (-1/4) (Real Cost: 11) [12]

1u 5) Flashlight: Sight Group Images 1" radius, +/-3 to PER Rolls, 1 Continuing Fuel Charge lasting 1 Hour (+0) (19 Active Points); Only to create light (-1), OIF (-1/2), Only In Uniform (-1/4) [1 cc]

1u 6) Walkie Talkie: Radio Perception/Transmission (Radio Group), Police band only (+0) (10 Active Points); OIF (-1/2), Affected as hearing group as well as radio group (-1/4), Only In Uniform (-1/4) 0

1u 7) Cell Phone: Radio Perception/Transmission (Radio Group), Cell Phone band only (+0) (10 Active Points); OIF (-1/2), Affected as hearing group as well as radio group (-1/4), Only In Uniform (-1/4) 0

Powers Cost: 168

Cost Martial Arts Maneuver

Akido

4 1) Dodge: 1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +5 DCV, Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort

4 2) Escape: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, 45 STR vs. Grabs

4 3) Extended Ki: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, 45 STR to resist Shove; Block, Abort

3 4) Hold: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, -1 DCV, Grab Two Limbs, 40 STR for holding on

5 5) Joint Break: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, -2 DCV, Grab One Limb; HKA 1d6 +1 , Disable

4 6) Joint Lock/Throw: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +0 DCV, Grab One Limb; 1d6 NND ; Target Falls

4 7) Joint Lock/Throw: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +0 DCV, Grab One Limb; 1d6 NND ; Target Falls

4 8) Redirect: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort

5 9) Strike: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +3 DCV, 6d6 Strike

3 10) Takedown: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +1 DCV, 6d6 Strike; Target Falls

3 11) Throw: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +1 DCV, 6d6 +v/5, Target Falls

Martial Arts Cost: 43

Cost Skill

Police Training

2 1) +1 with single Characteristic Roll

4 2) Animal Handler (Canines) 14- (16-)

3 3) Bureaucratics 13- (15-)

1 4) Combat Driving 8-

3 5) Criminology 13-

2 6) Custom Skill 11-

2 7) KS 11-

2 8) KS 11-

2 9) PS: Appraise 11-

3 10) Streetwise 13- (15-)

2 11) WF: Small Arms, Clubs

0 Language: English (idiomatic; literate) (5 Active Points)

5 Language: Spanish (idiomatic; literate)

5 Language: Portugese (idiomatic; literate)

Skills Cost: 36

Cost Perk

2 Fringe Benefit: Local Police Powers

1 Fringe Benefit: Police officer

2 Fringe Benefit: Concealed Weapon Permit (where appropriate)

15 Follower

Perks Cost: 20

Total Character Cost: 345

Val Disadvantages

15 Distinctive Features: petite (Not Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses) [Notes: Five foot two and less than a hundred pounds]

15 Mystery Hunted, GM's option: 14- (Less Pow, Harshly Punish)

10 Hunted: Police Separtment 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Limited Geographical Area, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Watching)

20 Psychological Limitation: Code of Conduct: Policeman's code (Common, Total) [Notes: Always defend public safety, protect the innocent, only respond with equal force in combat (meaning, if the opponent isn't using lethal force, neither will the person with this code), Follow the law in all things. ]

20 Subject to orders: (Very Common, Strong)

10 Psychological Limitation: Resents "fiery Latin" sterotypical image (Common, Moderate)

10 Psychological Limitation: Hot tempered (Common, Moderate) [Notes: Not a beserk or even an enrage, never gets physial, but will give a tongue-lashing in three lnaguages when she feels itis deserved.]

15 Psychological Limitation: Lone Wolf (Very Common, Moderate) [Notes: Keeping her marriage and divorce a secret, then transfering to K-9 unit, has kept er from bonding with fellow officers]

20 Psychological Limitation: Driven to be a crimefighter (Very Common, Strong)

15 Secret ID: (Frequently, Major)

Disadvantage Points: 150

Base Points: 200

Experience Required: 0

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

Rudy

Player:

Val Char Cost

15 STR 5

11 DEX 3

15 CON 10

10 BODY 0

8 INT -2

11 EGO 2

15 PRE 5

10 COM 0

6/10 PD 3

6/10 ED 3

5 SPD 29

6 REC 0

30 END 0

30 STUN 4

11" RUN 0

2" SWIM 0

3" LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 62

Cost Power END

15 4 on the Floor: Running +5" (11" total), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (15 Active Points)

15 Bite worse than his bark: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 1d6 (2d6 w/STR) 1

12 +3 PER with Hearing Group and Smell/Taste Group 0

3 Ultrasonic Perception (Hearing Group) 0

10 Discriminatory with Smell/Taste Group 0

10 Tracking with Smell/Taste Group 0

5 Kelvar: Armor (4 PD/4 ED) (12 Active Points); Activation Roll 11- (-1), Real Armor (-1/4), Only In Uniform (-1/4) 0

5 Mind link with Cindy: Mind Link , One Specific Mind, Psychic Bond (10 Active Points); Only With Others Who Have Mind Link (-1) 0

Powers Cost: 75

4 Martial Dodge: 1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +5 DCV, Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort

Martial Arts Cost: 4

Cost Perk

1 Custom Perk [Notes: Can go many places dogs not normally allowed]

Perks Cost: 1

Total Character Cost: 142

Val Disadvantages

10 Hunted: Police Separtment 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Limited Geographical Area, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Watching)

10 Physical Limitation: mute (Frequently, Slightly Impairing)

15 Physical Limitation: no manipulation (Frequently, Greatly Impairing)

5 Physical Limitation: Color blind (Infrequently, Slightly Impairing)

20 Social Limitation: Animal (Very Frequently, Major)

10 Vulnerability: 2 x Effect flash vs hearing or smell (Uncommon)

Disadvantage Points: 70

Base Points: 75

By the way -- what IS Sentinel's Secret/Civilian ID? Presumably the ladies would know...?

First ID: John Jackson, reporter (Golden Age)

Second ID: Jack Jacobs, college student and teacher (Silver Age revision of character)

Third (and current) ID: John Jackson (supposed grandson of original ID) Wealthy novelist (Bronze Age to now)

10 Psychological Limitation: Resents "fiery Latin" sterotypical image (Common, Moderate)

10 Psychological Limitation: Hot tempered (Common, Moderate) [Notes: Not a beserk or even an enrage, never gets physial, but will give a tongue-lashing in three lnaguages when she feels itis deserved.]

OK, I realize 'fiery latin' might not apply to temper, but this still got more than a chuckle -- repped...

I'm looking forward to at least lurking the start of this game... :)

OK, I realize 'fiery latin' might not apply to temper, but this still got more than a chuckle -- repped...

I'm looking forward to at least lurking the start of this game... :)

Yep, loses her temper, acting "typical fiery Latina," and hates herself for doing so as soon as she cools down. What's a dysfunctional marriage without an occasional shame spiral?

Z

Zoe Zeigler:

Background:

Zoe Zeigler is the only child in the current generation of the direct lineage of the famous Zeigler banking family. She's got a half-brother, Stanley, from her model/actress mother's first marriage, and lots of cousins, but she is The Heir. She grew up wanting for nothing and growing spoiled and somewhat emotionally and intellectually stunted as a result. With her natural gifts, she could have been a world class scientist, politician, actor, or even athlete, but instead she followed the path of least resistance and became famous for being a drunken party-girl. After her trip to jail her father, Tobias Zeigler, assigned her a permanent unobtrusive bodyguard to keep her from hurting herself.

It wasn't until a small time super crook, Vector, kidnapped her with the idea of making himself rich via ransom, that she met Sentinal. He rescued her, and he was instantly smitten. He was taken by her undeniable charms, but repulsed by her wasted personality. Yet there was something there worth saving. Working through his secret ID, he popped her happy bubble by introducing her to brilliant and worthy people who were nevertheless desperately poor or otherwise in need of aid that she could provide. After experiencing genuine gratitude, she shook off her self-centered malise, became a strong advocate for the homeless and helpless. Shortly therafter, John Jackson started dating her. Eventually his secret was revealed, marriage was proposed, she took treatment from the wife-omatic, and they were wed.

The marriage lasted two years, but his constant absences made her lonely, and she sought occasional solace in the arms of her old friends. When he caught her at it he was furious, and she was defiant. "It's not like I've been hiding it! I just get tired of being alone!"

"You'll never have to worry about that again," she thought she heard him say.

They were divorced, he moved out, and before too long. Zoe's skin started to change and her head started to ache. After one feverish night of nightmare dreams, she woke up in bed with herself. Her skin had gone whote with black stripes and there were two of her. Well, not really two, more like one mind with two bodies. After some serious freaking out, she got hold of Sentinal and chewed him out. "You did this to me!"

Sentinal allowed that it might be a side effect of the wife-om-matic's process; other wives had ended up with extra powers, but he denied that it was on purpose.

To this day she does not believe him.

Personality/Motivation:

On the surface, Zoe is a reformed debutant, with a hand in running her family's financial empire, and several notable charities. This is who she wants to be, but she can always be counted on to give a snide interview about her ex, though she holds to the covenant of not revealing a secret ID. When she is under considerable stress, she reverts to her party-girl roots.

"I have you surrounded!"

Regrettably I don't own Hero Designer.

Z

Player: Querysphinx

Val Char Cost

30 STR20

23 DEX39

18 CON16

10 BODY0

18 INT8

11 EGO2

13 PRE3

16 COM3

20/26 PD14

10/16 ED6

5 SPD17

10 REC0

36 END0

40 STUN6

7" RUN2

2" SWIM0

6" LEAP0

Characteristics Cost: 136

Cost Power END

54 Duplication (creates 4 287-point Duplicates) (68 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about a fourth of its effectiveness (Can only create fully healty dupes. i.e.no wounded BDY dupes; -1/4) 0

21 Healing 0 BODY, +1 pip, Resurrection, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2), Continuous (+1) (69 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Turn (Post-Segment 12) (-1 1/4), Self Only (-1/2), Limited Power Power loses about a third of its effectiveness (Only when injured dupe is recombined or dead.; -1/2) 0

5 Scattered Mind: Mental Defense (7 points total) 0

30 Herd Mentality: Mind Link , One Specific Mind, Any distance, No LOS Needed, Number of Minds (x4) 0 2 Gonna be here a while.: LS (Longevity: 400 Years) 0

9 Buckyweave Nomex Bodystocking.: Armor (6 PD/6 ED) (18 Active Points); OIF (-1/2), Activation Roll 14- (-1/2) 0

Powers Cost: 121

Cost

Martial Arts Maneuver

5 Grappling Block: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +1 DCV, Grab One Limb, Block

3 Legsweep: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, -1 DCV, 7d6 Strike, Target Falls

3 Martial Grab: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, -1 DCV, Grab Two Limbs, 40 STR for holding on

4 Martial Strike: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, 8d6 Strike

5 Flying Dodge: 1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +4 DCV, Dodge All Attacks, Abort; FMove

Martial Arts Cost: 20

Cost Skill

10 +1 Overall

5 +1 with HTH Combat

3 Bureaucratics 12-

3 Conversation 12-

3 Criminology 13-

3 Deduction 13-

3 Disguise 13-

3 High Society 12-

2 KS 11-

2 KS 11-

3 Oratory 12-

3 Persuasion 12-

2 PS: Banker 11-

3 Seduction 12-

3 Stealth 14-

3 Teamwork 14-

3 Trading 12-

Skills Cost: 57

Cost Perk

11 Money: Filthy Rich

5 Contact (Contact has access to major institutions, Contact has useful Skills or resources, Good relationship with Contact) 11- Perks Cost: 16

Total Character Cost: 350

Val Disadvantages 10 Distinctive Features: Black and white stripes. (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Virtually Everyone)

20 DNPC: Zoe's Exectutive Staff 8- (Normal; Useful Noncombat Position or Skills; Group DNPC: x8 DNPCs) 15 Reputation: Heiress Debutant, 14- 15 Groupthink:: All Dupes take full damage from mental attacks effecting one member. (Infrequently, Fully Impairing)

15 Hunted: Vector 8- (As Pow, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Harshly Punish)

20 Hunted: Business rivals-- always trying to discover her secrets, wreck her life. 8- (As Pow, NCI, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Harshly Punish)

15 Psychological Limitation: Resents Sentinel (Very Common, Moderate)

10 Psychological Limitation: Party Girl (Common, Moderate)

15 Hunted: Mystery 8- (Mo Pow, Harshly Punish)

15 Social Limitation: Secret ID (Frequently, Major)

...Something for you to bear in mind is that "Lorelei" would be approximately ninety years old in reality. If she still looks young you'll have to decide how to deal with that.

Her original name was Lorraine. Lorraine Lucas, spunky girl reporter!

I'd decided that when it became apparent that she wasn't aging normally any more, Lorraine Jackson posed first as her "daughter" Laney Lucas, and later as her "grand-daughter" Lorelei Lucas. In some ways the imposture was a bitter joke, given that Lorraine and John were unable to have children...even with the assistance of the wonderful wife-O-matic.

But Sentinel's tampering did have other effects on Lorraine. Not only did she end up with the increased strength and toughness that would turn out to be typical of Sentinel's X-Wives, but her aging slowed dramatically and her sight and hearing improved. Quite a lot. Even through solid walls....

[Telescopic/microscopic sight, bonuses to hearing and sight PER checks, X-Ray vision...whatever the HERO rules require to make her a "super-snoop."

Cindy's insistance on keeping the marriage secret, and her refusal to start a family as soon as she finished the academy, made Sentinel feel she was putting her carreer ahead of her.

Given that it's a secret marriage and divorce she'll probably be surprised when the X-Wives club invites her in. More on that later. It is probably more likely that he met her when she was already just out of the academy since their lines of work would naturally cross.

Contrarywise she never felt that he took her carreer, and by extension her, seriously. "It's a nice little hobby, dear, but not real crimefighting like I do," is what she heard, no matter what was actually said.

Submitted for approval, rough drafts of Cindy and her K-9 partner, Rudy.

Lucinda Lobo

Player:

Val Char Cost

30 STR 0

13 DEX 9

15 CON 10

12 BODY 4

18 INT 8

With those kind of brains it's a little surprising she hasn't made Detective. She could certainly pass the exam. Perhaps her attachment to Rudy kept her from trying.

14 EGO 8

20/30 PRE 10

16 COM 3

20/25 PD 0

10/15 ED 0

4 SPD 17

9 REC 0

30 END 0

35 STUN 0

9" RUN 6

3" SWIM 1

8" LEAP 2

Characteristics Cost: 78

Cost Power END

Woman of Steel

30 1) +20 STR, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (30 Active Points)

32 2) Armor (14 PD/7 ED) 0

9 3) Regeneration: Healing BODY 1d6 (standard effect: 3 points), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (20 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12), -1 1/4) 0

6 4) Life Support (Longevity: 400 Years; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat) 0

5 Mind link with Rudy: Mind Link , One Specific Mind, Psychic Bond (10 Active Points); Only With Others Who Have Mind Link (-1) 0

30 Clairsentience (Sight, Radio, Touch, Smell/Taste And Hearing Groups) (60 Active Points); Only Through The Senses Of Rudy (-1/2),

But...neither of you can hear radio.

Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (1/2 DCV; -1/2) 6

Cop on the Beat

8 1) Uniformed Presence: +10 PRE (10 Active Points); Only In Uniform (-1/4)

Wow. That is one terrifying little cop.

6 2) Type II Body Armor: Armor (5 PD/5 ED), Hardened (+1/4) (19 Active Points); Activation Roll 11- (-1), OIF (-1/2), Only In Uniform (-1/4), Real Armor (-1/4) 0

34 Policeman's Belt: Multipower, 60-point reserve, (60 Active Points); all slots OIF (-1/2), Only In Uniform (-1/4) [Notes: After p. 273 of Dark Champions]

1u 1) .41 Automatic, standard load: Killing Attack - Ranged 2d6 (30 Active Points); OIF (-1/2), Beam (-1/4), Real Weapon (-1/4), 4 clips of 6 Charges (-1/4), Only In Uniform (-1/4) [6]

1u 2) Entangle 4d6, 4 DEF, Takes No Damage From Attacks All Attacks (+1/2) (60 Active Points); 1 Recoverable Charge (-1 1/4), Set Effect (Hands Only) (-1), Does Not Prevent The Use Of Accessible Foci (-1), No Range (-1/2), Must follow grab or target not resisting (-1/2), Can be Escaped automatically with modified lockpicking or contortionist roll (-1/2), OIF (-1/2), Cannot Form Barriers (-1/4), Only In Uniform (-1/4) [1 rc]

1u 3) Hand-To-Hand Attack +6d6 (30 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2), OIF (-1/2), Real Weapon (-1/4), Only In Uniform (-1/4) 3

2u 4) Pepper Spray: (Total: 60 Active Cost, 22 Real Cost) Sight Group Flash 3d6, No Normal Defense ([solid eye covering]; +1) (30 Active Points); No Range (-1/2), OIF (-1/2), Real Weapon (-1/4), 12 Charges (-1/4), Only In Uniform (-1/4) (Real Cost: 11) plus Energy Blast 3d6, No Normal Defense ([solid eye covering]; +1) (30 Active Points); No Range (-1/2), OIF (-1/2), Real Weapon (-1/4), 12 Charges (-1/4), Only In Uniform (-1/4) (Real Cost: 11) [12]

1u 5) Flashlight: Sight Group Images 1" radius, +/-3 to PER Rolls, 1 Continuing Fuel Charge lasting 1 Hour (+0) (19 Active Points); Only to create light (-1), OIF (-1/2), Only In Uniform (-1/4) [1 cc]

1u 6) Walkie Talkie: Radio Perception/Transmission (Radio Group), Police band only (+0) (10 Active Points); OIF (-1/2), Affected as hearing group as well as radio group (-1/4), Only In Uniform (-1/4) 0

1u 7) Cell Phone: Radio Perception/Transmission (Radio Group), Cell Phone band only (+0) (10 Active Points); OIF (-1/2), Affected as hearing group as well as radio group (-1/4), Only In Uniform (-1/4) 0

Powers Cost: 168

Akido

4 1) Dodge: 1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +5 DCV, Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort

4 2) Escape: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, 45 STR vs. Grabs

4 3) Extended Ki: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, 45 STR to resist Shove; Block, Abort

3 4) Hold: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, -1 DCV, Grab Two Limbs, 40 STR for holding on

5 5) Joint Break: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, -2 DCV, Grab One Limb; HKA 1d6 +1 , Disable

4 6) Joint Lock/Throw: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +0 DCV, Grab One Limb; 1d6 NND ; Target Falls

4 7) Joint Lock/Throw: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +0 DCV, Grab One Limb; 1d6 NND ; Target Falls

You appear to have purchased that manuever twice

4 8) Redirect: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort

5 9) Strike: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +3 DCV, 6d6 Strike

3 10) Takedown: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +1 DCV, 6d6 Strike; Target Falls

3 11) Throw: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +1 DCV, 6d6 +v/5, Target Falls

Martial Arts Cost: 43

Cost Skill

Police Training

2 1) +1 with single Characteristic Roll

Ehn? I'm rusty. What's that?

4 2) Animal Handler (Canines) 14- (16-)

3 3) Bureaucratics 13- (15-)

1 4) Combat Driving 8-

3 5) Criminology 13-

2 6) Custom Skill 11-

2 7) KS 11-

AK Campaign City is an extremely valuable asset for a street cop.

2 8) KS 11-

2 9) PS: Appraise 11-

3 10) Streetwise 13- (15-)

2 11) WF: Small Arms, Clubs

0 Language: English (idiomatic; literate) (5 Active Points)

5 Language: Spanish (idiomatic; literate)

5 Language: Portugese (idiomatic; literate)

You can knock a point off the cost of Portugese

Skills Cost: 36

Cost Perk

2 Fringe Benefit: Local Police Powers

1 Fringe Benefit: Police officer

2 Fringe Benefit: Concealed Weapon Permit (where appropriate)

15 Follower

Perks Cost: 20

Total Character Cost: 345

Val Disadvantages

15 Distinctive Features: petite (Not Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses) [Notes: Five foot two and less than a hundred pounds]

15 Mystery Hunted, GM's option: 14- (Less Pow, Harshly Punish)

20 Psychological Limitation: Code of Conduct: Policeman's code (Common, Total) [Notes: Always defend public safety, protect the innocent, only respond with equal force in combat (meaning, if the opponent isn't using lethal force, neither will the person with this code), Follow the law in all things. ]

20 Subject to orders: (Very Common, Strong)

15 Psychological Limitation: Lone Wolf (Very Common, Moderate) [Notes: Keeping her marriage and divorce a secret, then transfering to K-9 unit, has kept er from bonding with fellow officers]

That's a potential problem. Your character is supposed to be willing to join the club.

20 Psychological Limitation: Driven to be a crimefighter (Very Common, Strong)

15 Secret ID: (Frequently, Major)

Rudy

Player:

Val Char Cost

15 STR 5

11 DEX 3

15 CON 10

10 BODY 0

8 INT -2

11 EGO 2

15 PRE 5

10 COM 0

6/10 PD 3

6/10 ED 3

5 SPD 29

6 REC 0

30 END 0

30 STUN 4

11" RUN 0

2" SWIM 0

3" LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 62

Cost Power END

15 4 on the Floor: Running +5" (11" total), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (15 Active Points)

15 Bite worse than his bark: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 1d6 (2d6 w/STR) 1

12 +3 PER with Hearing Group and Smell/Taste Group 0

3 Ultrasonic Perception (Hearing Group) 0

10 Discriminatory with Smell/Taste Group 0

10 Tracking with Smell/Taste Group 0

5 Kelvar: Armor (4 PD/4 ED) (12 Active Points); Activation Roll 11- (-1), Real Armor (-1/4), Only In Uniform (-1/4) 0

5 Mind link with Cindy: Mind Link , One Specific Mind, Psychic Bond (10 Active Points); Only With Others Who Have Mind Link (-1) 0

Powers Cost: 75

4 Martial Dodge: 1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +5 DCV, Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort

Martial Arts Cost: 4

Cost Perk

1 Custom Perk [Notes: Can go many places dogs not normally allowed]

Perks Cost: 1

Total Character Cost: 142

Val Disadvantages

10 Physical Limitation: mute (Frequently, Slightly Impairing)

15 Physical Limitation: no manipulation (Frequently, Greatly Impairing)

5 Physical Limitation: Color blind (Infrequently, Slightly Impairing)

20 Social Limitation: Animal (Very Frequently, Major)

10 Vulnerability: 2 x Effect flash vs hearing or smell (Uncommon)

Disadvantage Points: 70

Base Points: 75

Looks promising

Given that it's a secret marriage and divorce she'll probably be surprised when the X-Wives club invites her in. More on that later. It is probably more likely that he met her when she was already just out of the academy since their lines of work would naturally cross.

Half formed background was that he had address her academy class, she stayed behind to chat, sparks flew, yadda yadda yadda. Yes, she'll be suprised, at first, that the X-Wives know about her.

With those kind of brains it's a little surprising she hasn't made Detective. She could certainly pass the exam. Perhaps her attachment to Rudy kept her from trying.

Isn't there a minimum time on the force before promotion? I'm thinking two to three years on the force at this point, still pretty green. I'm also sure her fitness reports say something like "Does her job well but doesn't work or play well with others."

But...neither of you can hear radio.
You appear to have purchased that manuever twice
You can knock a point off the cost of Portugese

Thank you and all corrected.

Ehn? I'm rusty. What's that?
AK Campaign City is an extremely valuable asset for a street cop.

This came out very different from the on-screen version. Should have been:

Observant: +1 with PRE with Sight Group

Area Knowledge: Campagine City, 11-

KS: Criminal Law and Procedure, 11-

KS: The Law Enforcement world, 11-

PS: Police Officer, 11-

Having some extra points, with your permission adding

KS: Known metahumans, 11-

Security Systems, 11-

That's a potential problem. Your character is supposed to be willing to join the club.

Definitely willing, but sharing is not her best skill. Maybe the reason she bonded with Rudy so throughly (she's not telepathic with anyone else, yet) is that she cannot open up to any human.

If you think this will make for a difficult game, I can change the disad. How do you feel about paranoid?

I sent you a PM over on HC asking if you were still looking for players and mentioning a character idea in case you were.

Thought I'd reiterate the idea over here. The base concept, which is the stage I'm at at the moment, is an employee at a zoo who after the transformation gained the ability to change into a form encompassing traits from several of the animals at the zoo.

Would this be acceptable?

Also, as for the reason of the divorce, perhaps she was stuck in the animal form for a bit, having to learn how to regain her human form, during which time guilt and resentment grew? Of course, after regaining human form, she's forgiven him, but the damage and divorce had already been done.

The Cat

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

40 STR 30 17- Lift 6400.0kg; 8d6 [4]

30 DEX 60 15- OCV: 10/DCV: 10

25 CON 30 14-

12 BODY 4 11-

18 INT 8 13- PER Roll 13-

14 EGO 8 12- ECV: 5

15 PRE 5 12- PRE Attack: 3d6

20 COM 5 13-

8/26 PD 0 Total: 8/26 PD (0/18 rPD)

8/26 ED 3 Total: 8/26 ED (0/18 rED)

7 SPD 30 Phases: 2, 4, 6, 7, 9, 11, 12

15 REC 4

50 END 0

50 STUN 5 Total Characteristic Cost: 192

Movement: Running: 6"/19"/12"/38"

Leaping: 43"/86"

Swimming: 2"/4"

Cost Powers END

18 Mutation enhanced body and perception: Elemental Control, 44-point powers, (22 Active Points); all slots OIHID (-1/4)

21 1) luck: Armor (18 PD/18 ED) (54 Active Points); Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4) 5

18 2) Leaping +35" (43" forward, 21 1/2" upward) (Accurate, Position Shift) (45 Active Points) 4

19 3) Running +13" (6"/19" total), Position Shift, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (46 Active Points)

10 Clinging (normal STR)

1 LS (Longevity: 200 Years)

5 Defensive Strike +1 +3 11d6 Strike

5 Flying Dodge -- +4 Dodge All Attacks, Abort; FMove

4 Sacrifice Lunge +2 -2 11d6 +v/5; FMove

3 Martial Throw +0 +1 11d6 +v/5, Target Falls

5 Sacrifice Strike +1 -2 15d6 Strike

12 +3 HTH Damage Class(es)

Skills

3 Acrobatics 15-

3 Breakfall 15-

3 Computer Programming 13-

3 Contortionist 15-

10 Defense Maneuver I-IV

3 Lockpicking 15-

3 Security Systems 13-

3 Sleight Of Hand 15-

3 Systems Operation 13-

3 Stealth 15-

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 158

Total Cost: 350

200+ Disadvantages

10 Distinctive Features: Always the Gentleman (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

20 Enraged: innocents endangered (Common), go 11-, recover 11-

25 Hunted: OMEGA 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Harshly Punish)

15 Hunted: US Goverment 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Watching)

15 Psychological Limitation: Code vs Killing (Common, Strong)

15 Psychological Limitation: Honorable (Common, Strong)

10 Psychological Limitation: Courious (Common, Moderate)

15 Psychological Limitation: Loves male attention (Common, Strong)

15 Reputation: Honorable, 14-

10 Social Limitation: Secert Id (Occasionally, Major)

Total Disadvantage Points: 350

Background/History: Maggie was a burglar and a good one at that

she had never been caught nobody even had a clue about her

she was going for her most dangerous theft yet

the power matrix to Sentinel's UBERTRON FEM ENHANCER tm

there she made her first mistake

she accidently turned the damn thing on and got zapped by it

Later Sentinel showed up thinking one of his home defense systems knocked her out

Sentinal handed Maggie over to the police not knowing she had superpowers now so of course she got away on the way to jail

Maggie used her new powers to help her in crimes(mostly in getting in and out)

she also took up taunting and flirting with Sentinel

she went straight and married Sentinel that lasted about 3 yrs

when they broke up Maggie went back to crime and was later caught by Sentinel and sent to prison for 10 yrs

Maggie has learned her lesson and is now gone straight she has served her time is now putting her talents to use on the right side of the law

Personality/Motivation: want s to do the right thing

Quote: shush

Powers/Tactics: demi-brick martialartist

very fast and very lucky

Campaign Use:

Appearance: Norrmal form brunette

Hero form platinum blond

appear to be 20 yrs is in fact 35 yrs old