Civilians Miniatures?

Myrlyn

Hi folks:

I'm constantly searching for some decent figures to use to represent the many hapless civilians that run stand and gawk as my heroes and villains duke it out in the streets of Millennium City. I've found precious few minis that can really be used to represent the unarmed civies properly and I'm wondering what other folks due in their games? Tokens of some kind?

I did find a couple of miniature packs that may work (see below). Does any one know of others?

Foundry: WWII - British Characters

6b.jpg

Foundry: City Workers

4b.jpg

Foundry: The Lovemore Detective Agency

7b.jpg

Re: Civilians Miniatures?

Sorry, I should have specified - Please no MEGA Miniatures recommendations. Nothing against the folks that do like and/or use them, but I've never really cared for their figs.

I love Copplestone figures (I have several already), but the only "civilian" figures I've seen from them that aren't packing weapons are the two members of the news team on the far right of this pic:

fw3.jpg

Are there others in the Copplestone range you would recommend I look at?

I have used paper minis from http://www.seven-wonders.co.uk/paperfriends.html and you can find some civilians amongst his vast collection of Marvel, DC, Dr. Who, and other characters. :thumbup:

Try:

http://www.seven-wonders.co.uk/downloads/mg51.jpg

and

http://www.seven-wonders.co.uk/downloads/mg14.jpg

Have trawl around his website & see what else you can find!:cool:

We alway use tokens. Simple and cheep. ;)

:D Another option is to go to the WizKids site (before it closes down!) and download the various Bystander tokens from the various Marvel and DC sets. There are about 90 such tokens that can be printed onto card, and cut out like Pogs...

Guss: Do you make your own tokens? Out of what? Are they just blank "Joe Citizen" "Jane Citizen" "Child" tokens?

Our group typically uses glass beads. The beads tend to have a flat side so that they can be flipped over to show when an NPC is in a non-normal state. Also you can use multiple colors to denote different groups. And they tend to be dirt cheap.

At one point, I picked up a bunch of Vampire:The Masquerade, Mage:The Ascension, and Werewolf:The WhateverItIsWerewolvesDo minis from a store going out of business. Those make great modern civvie figures, and I got 'em cheap (like a buck apiece). A couple of them I had to cut the gun out of their hand, but that was a fairly easy mod.

I think they were originally made by Ral Partha, so you might still be able to find them on the Iron Wind Metals site or on Ebay.

• 2 weeks later...

Out of print but Steve Jackson Games did CardBoard Minitures Modern

At the last GENCON picked up 2 for $6!!!!

Paper mini's, but hundreds of them. Includes civilians, police, firemen, and soldiers. Also includes some superheroes including some from the early editions of Champions (early versions of FoxBat!!!).

Maybe check Steve Jackson Warehouse 23 they may still have some???

• 1 year later...

Ok, it's been a while since I found any miniatures to add to this thread, but here we go...

First off, a few additions from our friends at Heresy Miniatures

hsf024_metal_primed_ecclescake_montage.jpg

hsf015_1_bruenor.jpg

hsf027_chrisrowell_anevilgiraffe_compilation.jpg

Next up from HeroClix

Gotham City Detective

31tBNlrwXYL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Johnny Thunder (just remove the Thunderbolt or rebase Johnny)

DCHCJThunder.jpg

Jakeem Thunder (again, remove the Thunderbolt or rebase Jakeem)

31AdxtTi9XL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Lois Lane

31Pqua%2BodQL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Vadal Savage (although he's a bit dated in this outfit)

31fCpIoBtPL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Amanda Waller (just clip her gun and she's perfect - even better, model a pointed finger on that outstretched hand and she can confront your heroes with all kinds of feisty goodness)

31jBIukBHVL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Enjoy!

• 1 year later...

I'd suggest using O Scale people used in model railroad building. They are a bit dated (40s and 50s) but should suffice. O scale is 1" to about 42-48".

For larger people, try G scale which is about 1:30.

Go to a model train store, they should have packages you can look at.