Bleach Conversion Project

torelin32

Re: Bleach Conversion Project

The power-level of the characters vary wildly over time.

The first thing you'll have to do is set a point in time at which to base the characters. In season one they are powerful enough but by seasons 2 and 3, the adventures in the Soul Society, many of them border on deity-level.

I and at least one of the other gamers in my group have contemplated trying to do Bleach conversions but we usually conclude that it would be tricky to do and neither one of us really has enough free time to devote to such a project.

Hi Susano,

Would you be interested pointing m down the right direction tho. Would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Characters are here:

http://surbrook.devermore.net/index/archive.html

An article on converting from fictional sources to Hero is here:

http://surbrook.devermore.net/herosource/adaptions.html

• 3 weeks later...

I've just re-read volumes 1-22 of Bleach. A few comments:

All Soul Reapers have Duplication on Earth. There's their "normal" body and then there's their "combat" body. The latter is their real Soul Reaper form, and only runs at 1/5 power unless special dispensation is given.

All Soul Reapers have magic swords with special powers. Some seem pretty lame, some are game breakers. The powers are all over the map, but some include:

1) Stretching.

2) Extending into a spear, then into a 3-sectional staff.

3) Healing any cut it makes, until a certain energy level is reached, at which point it can unleash the stored power of all previous wounds into one target.

4) Unleashing AOE: Line attacks.

5) Increasing the weight of anything it hits.

6) Producing masses of ice on a foe.

7) Impenetrable mental illusions.

8) Producing a giant flying manta ray that can carry people in it's stomach (and heal them while doing so).

Captains (and some others) have bankai. This is the ultimate power form of the Soul Reaper's magic sword. Bankai can get pretty insane. A few samples:

1) Producing a cloud of swords. Like 1,000 of them.

2) Darkness versus all senses but touch.

3) Producing a giant warrior.

4) Transforming into a giant weapon.

5) Producing an ice dragon.

Almost all Soul Reapers have the following:

Sword skill, HTH skill, and spells. There's actually four skill sets, but I can't recall the exact break down. I think spells is divided into two sets. Kido is one, and then there's a different type.

Kido is offensive magic. I've seen ranged attacks and the like. Normally you need incantations (the name of the kido)... unless you're so good you don't....

Other comments:

Flash stepping is a common movement power. This is Teleport.

Characters are really tough in Bleach. Spiritual Power = BODY, so someone like Ichiho has 20+ easily. Kenpachi has 30 BODY and Damage Resistance (since his body simply repels swords with low spirit energy).

Yoruchi managed to take out 20+ mooks in a single panel.

Several characters have STRs of 25-35. Chad ripped a telephone pole out of the ground.

Blocks can be used to stop all sorts of stuff. For example several people stop attacks with just a hand or finger.

Experience points can be spent in the middle of combat -- this allows instant power ups due to mastering some technique on the spot.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I figure the flash stepping would work similar to how you did "Combat Teleport" for DBZ characters, Susano.

ANd for the 12th squad cpt. I forget his name. The crazy mad scientist one. Anyway, I remember he turned his ear into a hook and chain (hook and sinew, very disgusting) Not to mention, turn himself into sentient goo, when the fight goes bad for him.

The bounts dolls although in the series technically like the zanpato swords. I'd probably make them some kind of follower to the bount. With the notable exception they attack the bount if he is too weak.

Doesn't the Anarchist's Cookbook have instructions for converting bleach into a poison gas weapon by liberating the chlorine?

Author, musician and activist Leslie Fish was of the opinion that The Anarchist's Cookbook was disinformation, designed to cause radicals to destroy themselves as opposed to the tools of "The System". The "recipes" are a good way to get yourself accidentally blown up, gassed or otherwise inconvenienced.

I'm kinda new at this' date=' but I think it would be interesting to see all the Bleach characters converted into Hero characters ... my dad (Sketchpad) kinda hooked me on to Hero, and I love it![/quote']

Welcome to the asylum KR....:D

Author' date=' musician and activist Leslie Fish was of the opinion that [i']The Anarchist's Cookbook[/i] was disinformation, designed to cause radicals to destroy themselves as opposed to the tools of "The System". The "recipes" are a good way to get yourself accidentally blown up, gassed or otherwise inconvenienced.

I'd heard that there's more than one version in existence, only some of which are actual disinformation. Of course, that means none could be trusted unless you personally already have the expertise in chemistry....

Anyway, I know it's possible to convert bleach into poison gas by chemically liberating the chlorine, I knew of someone who did that accidentally by carelessly mixing household chemicals and had to visit a hospital. What else can bleach actually be converted into?

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary doubts that bleach holds any religious or political opinions, or could be induced to do so, so that kind of conversion doesn't seem likely...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

BTW, on Adult Swim, Bleach had just finished the Bount Arc and is getting back to the story proper as per the manga. I personally like some of the Bount Arc episodes even though I know some out there aren't particularly fond of them (yes it's filler, but so what? It was certainly better "filler" than what you get from a lot of other shows).

I have a friend who would take a vested interest in this conversion.

Me though? I haven't seen a single episode or read a single page yet.

BTW, I have some DBZ conversion notes (originally based off of yours) that may or may not interest you, Susano.

And they have seen actual play...

I have a friend who would take a vested interest in this conversion.

Me though? I haven't seen a single episode or read a single page yet.

BTW, I have some DBZ conversion notes (originally based off of yours) that may or may not interest you, Susano.

And they have seen actual play...

Sure... my DBZ stuff isn't 100% accurate.