Your character's theme music!

DJ Blackrock

Inspired by another thread asking about theme music for canon characters from CU, I pose this question: What's the theme song of your favorite characters that you've made. Also, why, and if you can, link to a video or the song.

If this has been done before, I apologize, but I looked, and even though my search-fu is weak, I'm pretty sure it's not out there.

I'll start:

Champions:

Frostbite aka Paul Milliner

Korn - Freak on a Leash

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K27d7Ut5bXo

Having powers that keep him from ever getting close with another person has given Frostbite a pretty deep-seated self-loathing, and often feels like a freak. The fact that he's now subject to orders doesn't help this feeling at all.

Serenity:

Captain Jonathan Burke

Foo Fighters "My Hero"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrLC3APoXWo

Jonathan has been trying to maintain his cool and composure, and stay a regular guy even in the midst of a 'verse wide conspiracy that threatens to restart the Unification War. In the process, he's becoming quite the accidental hero.

d20 Modern: Urban Arcana:

Nikolas Jest

Linkin Park "Faint"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpVULlSxeEQ

If I haven't told you stories about Nikolas Jest, dhampir and psychic warrior, remind me sometime. Suffice it to say, the video is pretty appropriate for some of the crap Nikolas pulled.

Okay, so that's pretty much it. Try to keep descriptions and whatnot to a minimum, but have at it! Enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Your character's theme music!

Deuce: There's no full-length YouTube for it yet, but here's a Deezer.com link...

On Her Majesty's Secret Service, by Propellerheads

Bring on the hordes of VIPER troops! The "Don't Point That At My Planet" Ray Gun! The megalomaniac supervillain in the forbidden lair!

And don't forget the uber-hot girl! :cool:

Captain Yoren, master and commander of the scout ship the Tingri Maiden, is a Space Hero Ael Yael alien, with a six-limbed pterosaur-like anatomy, a poet's heart (and the formal recitation skill to go with it) and deep wanderlust. (He also has a radiation accident in his future, as the campaign is slated to become Galactic Champions.) Yoren's theme song has to reflect his soaring on his natural wings, and his comfort drifting through space for long periods of time, to see another world, and another world, and a further world again. His theme song is Albatross.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSZHT2XvoLM

Alexander Kije, code-name Sword, of the secret American black ops psychic squad, is a Dark Champions / Teen Champions hero, who can stand on a mountain in Nevada and find one person in Portland Maine, and has, and who is working on the ability to read fine print on the Moon. Of course he can see for miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles (oh yeah). And his theme song needs to be rock-y and at least a little "tough": Sword doesn't just see far-off things and file a report, he wants to go and do stuff about them, up close and personally. His theme song is I Can See For Miles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4BBQMjbX3c

Karl J.F. Sebastian, Spirit Master, it a Champions / Horror / modern magical hero. His family has one each from elemental powers of Earth, Air, Fire, Water and Spirit. His siblings are typical Champions warriors, but he's not. His biggest feat so far is, in one night of power, to cure everybody in a hosptal: the blind saw, the lame walked, bodies distorted by cancer were cleaned out and made whole, and the corpses in the morgue awoke healthy and normal. He's headed for a military veterans' hospital next, to do that again. He's trying to leverage his power to recruit followers, in order build a super agency to defeat DEMON all over the world. His theme song should reference his healing power and his global ambition. His theme song is The Healer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXZ9DSrWgYw&feature=related

My namesake, Pariah, is an outcast from a secret magical society who gained superhuman strength and durability after being captured and experimented upon by Genocide. He escaped (with the help of the hero group Watchtower) and became a superhero, using his massive strength and latent magical powers to fight evil.

His theme song is "Sole Survivor" by Asia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SknhwBX8QCY]

More as time and inspiration allow.

I too am not computer/internet savvy enough to apply videos to my suggestions. I would welcome someone else to do it, though.

For Sir Johnstone, he rarely ever leads the cavalry in person. He's not a superhero so much as he is like Oracle, organising other superheroes, but if the world is under threat or some such, he will call in all his contacts and move out to save the world. So either "Ride Of The Valkyries" or, since it is such a rare thing, he might have the only silent moments in the game. So all the rest of the 'episode' would be filled with background music, then when he decides to lead the troops, everything goes deathly quiet. Possibly even 'breaking the fourth wall' quiet as the bad guys mention how quiet it just got. Too quiet.

For Strange Iron, a Power Armour type with some occult ability, "Starman" by David Bowie. A starman waiting in the skies who thinks he'd blow our minds.

For New Leaf, the incarnation of nature who attempts to rehabilitate criminals, "It's Not Easy Being Green". She has this whole 'green' thing going.

For Jack Diamond, a detective/weapons master with a not-entirely-deserved reputation for being as ruthless and dangerous as the criminals he hunts, I've always pictured Toto's "Stranger In Town".

I'm working on a speedster character called RedLine. His theme tune would' date=' of course be Khachaturian's "Sabre Dance", 'cos it's just an insanely fast piece of music.[/quote']

Heard "Through the Fire and Flame" by Dragonforce? INSANELY fast song.

For Psychotronic, tech-geek, inventor and Technopath/Powered Armor villain:

and for Necrocide, the second in command of the evil teens team:

Magnetite was an Olympic-level gymnast before the accident that resulted in her getting superpowers. She's bright, cheerful, and upbeat, and pretty much always smiling. Her song, which not only fits her personality but was also a song she used in competition on her floor routines, is "Walking On Sunshine" by Katrina and the Waves.

• 2 weeks later...

Jade Tiger: A sexy-looking female bioroid with a man's mind in the driver's seat. - - "Man, I Feel Like A Woman", by Shania Twain (She'd probably remove somebody's spleen the hard way, if someone actually played it as a joke.)

Automatic Jack: A gun-toting vigilante for a Vegas game. He dresses as an Elvis impersonator so he can blend in easier. - - "A Little Less Conversation", by Elvis Presley