Utility Belts

Split Decision

Re: Utility Belts

Exactly. If the GM is going to cap MP utility belts like this' date=' I expect to see [i']all[/i] MP's capped as well.

And then I'll just spend the points for a VPP.

I agree--for values of "like this" that are arbitrary. If based on common sense and dramatic sense, I wouldn't do that; I'd go with the utility "belt". But a Lim might be right, esp. if there's other Multipowers with more slots running around.

As the wise words say, "It all depends."

some items may only controlled or powered by the utility belt

as sensors may be part of the characters mask

a swing line winch,spool and power supply are on the belt while the launcher is in the vambraces

also depending on the character's concept pouches of holding,n-space,set programed effect nanites can have lots of ways of carrying lots of gadgets

Then of course you have Fore-eyes (Precog) 'Utility belt VPP' 'I knew I'd need this'. Really he's not carrying all that many gadgets or items, he just knew before hand what he'd need.

"Thankfully I brought my Shark repellant"

Gotta love Batman.

Really?

A standard issue police belt carries 7 or 8 items, several of which are very bulky like pistols, batons and handset radios.

Adding some basic ALICE gear and 20-30 items is easily doable, even with rl technology and normal guy skills.

http://www.champions-online.com/rate_my_champion?champ=2816

Heh. There IS an issue of what my friend Rory (CERT trainer) calls "tactical girth"--or a limit to how many items you can put on a belt. Unless you're immensely fat, you run out of belt space all too quickly.

He pushed for the use of a bandolier as well to provide more space for equipment, but the higher ups vetoed that because it would "look too intimidating."

Rory: "And that's a bad thing? If my appearance is enough to intimidate the bad guys into not fighting, that's a WIN!" But he didn't make the rules....

Killer Shrike: I have to ask' date=' was “Prefab” inspired by “Silent Bob?” Because the picture in his profile totally looks like it could be a Kevin Smith homage.[/quote']

Personality wise, no, but yes, he looks like Silent Bob. Where do you get these wonderful toys indeed.

Of course, all us bearded chubby white guys kind of look alike to begin with ;)

I generally use either a 30 or 60 AP multipower. Primarily the 60 pointer is so that more than one slot can be used at once, such as the Swingline + Billy Club, or Climbing Gloves + Cutting Torch. Only 3 of the 28 slots go over 30 points.

http://arkham.genesismuds.com/hero/Champions/Satire.HTML Check this guy for my version of a Utility Belt.

Why IIF for the belt, especially with the picture of the character I would think te source of the abilities would be obvious?

Why IIF for the belt' date=' especially with the picture of the character I would think te source of the abilities would be obvious?[/quote']

Because to put a Focus limitation on a multi-power, you cannot put a lesser version on any of the powers inside the multipower. So to plant IIF bugs or something like that, you can't have OIF on the Multipower.

Because to put a Focus limitation on a multi-power' date=' you cannot put a lesser version on any of the powers inside the multipower. So to plant IIF bugs or something like that, you can't have OIF on the Multipower.[/quote']

I typically put OIF on the pool only, and then put limits on the slots as needed.

Because to put a Focus limitation on a multi-power' date=' you cannot put a lesser version on any of the powers inside the multipower. So to plant IIF bugs or something like that, you can't have OIF on the Multipower.[/quote']

Don't build the bugs, build the device that relays information about the bugs to you instead, then the bugs become a F/X

So for instance a listining bug becomes something like this:

Listining Bug: Clairsentience (Hearing Group), MegaScale (1" = 1 km; +1/4), 1 Continuing Charge lasting 1 Day (+1/4) (30 Active Points); Sense Affected As Radio & Hearing (-1/4), Attack Roll Required (-1/4), Physical Manifestation of perception point(-1/4)

the actual device is what you are holding to listen in to the conversation, not the physical maifestation of the perception point (the bug itself)

Don't build the bugs, build the device that relays information about the bugs to you instead, then the bugs become a F/X

So for instance a listining bug becomes something like this:

Listining Bug: Clairsentience (Hearing Group), MegaScale (1" = 1 km; +1/4), 1 Continuing Charge lasting 1 Day (+1/4) (30 Active Points); Sense Affected As Radio & Hearing (-1/4), Attack Roll Required (-1/4), Physical Manifestation of perception point(-1/4)

the actual device is what you are holding to listen in to the conversation, not the physical maifestation of the perception point (the bug itself)

Although both the bug and the receiver are in themselves correct constructions, I prefer this sort of build. It just feels righter.