Foxbatmite

Lucius

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Foxbatmite

So very repped. I just love the names he gave to all the powers.

Doc

And after all this time I finally used the Zornwill Effect.

How did Batman usually get rid of Batmite anyway?

Lucius Alexander

I can get rid of a palindromedary by threatening it with a crab cannon.

And after all this time I finally used the Zornwill Effect.

How did Batman usually get rid of Batmite anyway?

Lucius Alexander

I can get rid of a palindromedary by threatening it with a crab cannon.

Batmite was a fan of Batman; he was usually trying to help, or trying to show people what a great hero Batman was. He left when Batman got angry.

It's also built on about a thousand points.

This thing isn't a villain, it's a walking, talking plot device that happens to be statted out.

Except Disadvantages. I had everything else done before I even began to imagine what would be appropriate Disadvantages. One might be "Subject to laws of home realm." Then if anyone asks why it doesn't do this, that, or the other thing to help the Master Plan, it can reply that "it is forbidden."

Foxbatmite could presumably hit people with 60 pt attacks all day, but isn't likely to want to.

Lucius Alexander

Conspicuous by its absence

That may have been your intention, but the thread has it tagged as a character, not a walking plot device.

That may have been your intention' date=' but the thread has it tagged as a character, not a walking plot device.[/quote']

I don't think there is a "Walking Plot Device" option for threads...

Anyway, remember the PC mantra: If it has stats, we can kill it.

As I said in my rep post, this is the Thing That Should Not Be Done.

Does it freak anyone else out how much Foxbatmite is like Ozymandias?

I meant him to be a solemn and even dry counterpart to Foxbat, but I didn't visualize him with "frown, and wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command."

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary suspects that a different Ozymandias is meant.

Batmite was a fan of Batman; he was usually trying to help' date=' or trying to show people what a great hero Batman was. He left when Batman got angry.[/quote']

I imagine Foxbatmite will disappear if Foxbat comes to rely on it too much.

"What do you mean, the Master Plan requires me to turn all the gold in Fort Knox into lead? You must rely on your own wits and resources. You don't need me. You are The Foxbat!"

*POOF*

Lucius Alexander

My Master Plan calls for a palindromedary

I can see Foxbatmite in an almost Jiminy Cricket role, as Foxbat's conscience.

"But Foxbat, if that stage of the plan goes wrong, people could die! What are you, turning into the Joker or something?"

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary still thinks the best Foxbat dialogue was when Foxbat got mixed up with DEMON.

Foxbat: You were right. These people are crazy.

Rose: And you're not?

Foxbat: Not the same way.

Lucius Alexander wrote:

I meant him to be a solemn and even dry counterpart to Foxbat, but I didn't visualize him with "frown, and wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command."

I meant like Watchmen's Ozymandias, who seemed to be prepared for everything. (Thus the "walking plot device" analogy.)

Sorry for not making that clear.

Lucius Alexander wrote:

I meant like Watchmen's Ozymandias, who seemed to be prepared for everything. (Thus the "walking plot device" analogy.)

Sorry for not making that clear.

I haven't read The Watchmen, although I probably should.

I have read Shelleys' famous poem about an Ozymandias who said

"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings. Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"

Lucius Alexander

Look on my palindromedary, ye foxbatmitey, and kiss the poetic meter goodbye.

Okay, for some reason Narratio thinks having done Foxbatmite means I should do Aunt May.

I owe him one, so here goes.

May Parker

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

5 STR -5 10- Lift 50.0kg; 1d6 [1]

11 DEX 3 11- OCV: 4/DCV: 4

8 CON -4 11-

5 BODY -10 10-

8 INT -2 11- PER Roll 11-

8 EGO -4 11- ECV: 3

5 PRE -5 10- PRE Attack: 1d6

6 COM -2 10-

2/21 PD 1 Total: 2/21 PD (0/9 rPD)

2/21 ED 0 Total: 2/21 ED (0/9 rED)

2 SPD 0 Phases: 6, 12

3 REC 0

16 END 0

12 STUN 0 Total Characteristic Cost: -32

Movement:

Running: 5"/10"

Swimming: 1"/2"

Cost Powers END

30 Luck 6d6

12 Miraculously survives: (Total: 24 Active Cost, 12 Real Cost) +10 PD, Hardened (+1/4) (12 Active Points); Limited Power Only stops BODy, not STUN (-1) (Real Cost: 6) plus +10 ED, Hardened (+1/4) (12 Active Points); Limited Power Only stops BODy, not STUN (-1) (Real Cost: 6)

18 Miraculously survives: Combat Luck (9 PD/9 ED)

Skills

3 Housewife of All Chores

1 1) Have some cookies: PS: Baking (2 Active Points) 11-

1 2) PS: Gardening (2 Active Points) 11-

1 3) My husband was fond of rice: PS: Cooking (2 Active Points) 11-

1 4) PS: Housekeeping (2 Active Points) 11-

3 Scholar (Been around a while, and remembers some of it)

1 1) KS: Daytime Television (2 Active Points) 11-

1 2) KS: Geography of Brooklyn (2 Active Points) 11-

1 3) KS: History of the 20th century (2 Active Points) 11-

1 4) KS: Stories in the Daily Bugle (2 Active Points) 11-

3 Conveniently Overlooked, sometimes: Concealment 11-

3 Conveniently Overlooked, sometimes: Stealth 11-

3 I'm a harmless old lady, you don't want to hurt me, do you?: Seduction 10-

3 Does the shopping: Trading 10-

3 Has worked in an office: Bureaucratics 10-

3 Nag, nag, nag: Oratory 10-

10 Much Missed: +2 with DCV

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 102

Total Cost: 70

-50+ Disadvantages

0 Normal Characteristic Maxima

10 Age: 60+

15 Hunted: Spider Man's rogue's gallery 8- (Mo Pow, Capture)

15 Psychological Limitation: Mental Block - Cannot put two and two together to guess nephew's identity. (Common, Strong)

10 Psychological Limitation: Protective of nephew (Common, Moderate)

10 Physical Limitation: Getting senile and forgetful (Frequently, Slightly Impairing)

15 Physical Limitation: Weak heart (Frequently, Greatly Impairing)

10 Susceptibility: Old bones, extra damage from falling/being thrown 1d6 damage Instant (Uncommon; Including BOD damage)

30 Susceptibility: Upon learning that her nephew is really Spider Man 3d6 damage Instant (Uncommon; Includes BODy damage)

5 Unluck: 1d6

Total Disadvantage Points: 70

Background/History: Aunt May is Spider Man's frail old aunt, and the major reason for maintaining a secret ID. If she ever found out that her poor frail nephew is really Spider Man, the shock could kill her.

Personality/Motivation: A sweet if somewhat naive old lady who took in young Peter Parker for her husband's sake. Although her nephew is an adult she still tries to "mother" him.

Quote: "Your uncle was a man of great faith, but seldom preached. Except when I served rice. I don't believe a grain of rice has a soul to save, but it's like he wanted to convert it anyway...."

Powers/Tactics: I've included an unconventional use of the skill "Seduction" in the write up. This represents her ability to talk even the worst of villains into seeing her as not worth harming or killing. It helps that she's right, she really IS a harmless old lady. Luck, Combat Luck, and the Combat-Luck-Like "Miraculously Survives" power are there to improve her survivability in ridiculously dangerous situations, as is the otherwise incongruous DEX of 11 and DCV levels. Note that if she ever learns her nephew's secret identity, she will probably take about 4 BOD damage right away (3 from shock to the heart, and 1 from the fall when she faints) and a bad roll really COULD mortally wound her.

Campaign Use: Could be easily adapted to be someone's DNPC, especially an elderly one.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary thinks she needs her own thread. NOW it tells me.

This is on its way to becoming the single most reputized post I have ever made.

It is also being praised as highly as anything I've ever done

My clumsy aptitude for language does not permit me to convey how amazed and pleased I am with Foxbatmite. Truly a stroke of supergenius' date=' even for you.[/quote']

Thank you, by the way....I really get a boost from the "even for you.":)

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but I want to get specific.

Foxbatmite was reputized 22 times in a row before the streak was broken and something else of mine got reputized. Not only is that a record for me, as far as I know it could be a record for the Hero Games board!

What makes a character whose visible manifestation is the size of a muppet stand head and shoulders above, not only everything else I've ever posted, but apparently all the stunning examples of brilliance and creativity on display here at Hero Games? (And do you have any idea how heady it is to feel like I stand out, even for a moment, in company such as this...)

What makes a supporting character (if an absurdly powerful one) whose role in the game universe is totally defined in terms of a relationship to a character that has been described as "the sideshow of the Champions Universe" the focus of so much enthusiasm?

Is it something in the mechanical build? The "twist" I tried to give the character concept? Something clever in the flavor text? The eccentricity and sheer effrontery of taking on such an unexpected, "throwaway" character concept at all?

I want to know what I'm doing right!!!

Lucius Alexander

Inquiring palindromedaries want to know: Does anyone see a use for this character (with name and serial number filed off) in a game with no Foxbat?

What makes a character whose visible manifestation is the size of a muppet stand head and shoulders above, not only everything else I've ever posted, but apparently all the stunning examples of brilliance and creativity on display here at Hero Games? (And do you have any idea how heady it is to feel like I stand out, even for a moment, in company such as this...)

What makes a supporting character (if an absurdly powerful one) whose role in the game universe is totally defined in terms of a relationship to a character that has been described as "the sideshow of the Champions Universe" the focus of so much enthusiasm?

1) Foxbat is loved everywhere (except shaboigin)

2) The only problem people have with him is that he's soo goofy the mite is like a shot of serious that fixes the problem

3) who doesn't like muppets?

3) who doesn't like muppets?

Hm, and two different people were inspired to draw the character and post their art.

Did I hit on an exceptionally evocative physical description?

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary is supposed to be sitting for a portrait....actually, probably standing for a portrait....