Announcing Kazei 5, Second Edition

Susano

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Announcing Kazei 5, Second Edition

We'll see if I get mine. I guess the warehouse mailed them instead of sending them UPS or FedEx, which was my original understanding. I have stuff sent to my office, but the business has a PO Box for postal mail, vs the physical address for shipping companies. Sometimes the post office here (big business, very small town, gotta love agribusiness) will return stuff addressed to street addresses instead of the PO Boxes.

Mine arrived today, with a big "address being checked" sticker on the package.

I'm at work and things have been nuts here the last three weeks because of year end, so I'm still playing catch-up, and won't get a chance to read through it much until this weekend, but flipping through it, so far, I'm impressed.

[b]Shiro Usagi  - [/b]

[b][u]VAL[/u]   [u]CHA[/u]   [u]Cost[/u]   [u]Total[/u]   [u]Roll[/u]      [u]Notes[/u][/b]
23    STR     13   23      14-       HTH Damage 4 1/2d6  END [2]
22    DEX     24   22      13-       
25    CON     15   25      14-
14    BODY    4    14      
13    INT     3    13      12-       PER Roll 13-
8     EGO     -2    8      11-       
20    PRE     5    20      13-       PRE Attack: 4d6
6     OCV     15   6          
7     DCV     20   7          
3     OMCV     0   3          
3     DMCV     0   3          
9     PD       7   9                 9 PD (0 rPD)
7     ED       5   7                 7 ED (0 rED)
4     SPD      20   4                Phases:  3, 6, 9, 12
10    REC      6   10
35    END      3   35
38    STUN     9   38
18    RUN      6   18m                END [2]
4     SWIM     0   4m                 END [1]
12    LEAP     4   12m                12m forward, 6m upward

[b]CHA Cost: 157[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]POWERS[/u][/b]
2     [b][i]Braver then She Looks[/i][/b]: +5 PRE (5 Active Points); Only vs PRE Attacks (-1) - END=
3     [b][i]Engineered Sense[/i][/b]: +1 PER with all Sense Groups - END=0
3     [b][i]Hyper Immune System[/i][/b]: LS  (Immunity: All terrestrial diseases) (5 Active Points); Not vs. Bio-weapon (-1/2) - END=0

[b]POWERS Cost: 8[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]MARTIAL ARTS[/u][/b]
     Aikido
4      1)  Escape:  1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, 38 STR vs. Grabs
4      2)  Extend Ki:  1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, 38 STR to resist Shove; Block, Abort
3      3)  Hold:  1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, -1 DCV, Grab Two Limbs, 33 STR for holding on
5      4)  Redirect:  1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +3 DCV, Block, Abort
3      5)  Throw:  1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +1 DCV, 4 1/2d6 +v/5, Target Falls
3      6)  Takedown:  1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +1 DCV, 4 1/2d6 Strike; Target Falls
     Karate
4      1)  Atemi Strike:  1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +1 DCV, 2d6 NND
4      2)  Dodge:  1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +5 DCV, Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort
3      3)  Legsweep:  1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, -1 DCV, 5 1/2d6 Strike, Target Falls
4      4)  Snap Kick:  1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, 6 1/2d6 Strike
5      5)  Spin Kick:  1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +1 DCV, 8 1/2d6 Strike
1      6)  Weapon Element:  Karate Weapons
1      7)  Weapon Element:  Staffs

[b]MARTIAL ARTS Cost: 44[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]SKILLS[/u][/b]
20     +4 with Martial Maneuvers
3      Acrobatics 13-
3      Acting 13-
3      Analyze:  Style 12-
3      Breakfall 13-
3      Charm 13-
3      Concealment 12-
3      Contortionist 13-
10     Defense Maneuver I-IV 
2      KS: Akido 11-
3      KS: Fashion 12-
2      KS: Karate 11-
2      KS: Who's Who In Lace & Steel 11-
3      Language:  English (completely fluent)
1      Lockpicking 8-
1      Security Systems 8-
3      Sleight Of Hand 13-
3      Stealth 13-
6      WF:  Common Melee Weapons, Small Arms, Karate Weapons, Staffs
2      WF:  Off Hand

[b]SKILLS Cost: 79[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]PERKS[/u][/b]
1      Escape Stash

[b]PERKS Cost: 1[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]TALENTS[/u][/b]
3      +1/+1d6 Striking Appearance (vs. all characters)
5      Bioware Compatible
3      Lightning Reflexes (+3 DEX to act first with All Actions)

[b]TALENTS Cost: 11[/b]
[b][u]Value[/u]  [u]DISADVANTAGES[/u][/b]
10     Distinctive Features:  Martial Style (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
5      Distinctive Features:  Replicated Human (Not Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable Only By Technology Or Major Effort)
10     Psychological Complication:  Loyal to Close Friends (Uncommon; Strong)
15     Psychological Complication:  Misses "Daddy" (Uncommon; Total)
20     Social Complication:  Replicated Human Very Frequently, Major

[b]DISADVANTAGES Points: 60[/b]

Base Pts: 300
Exp Required: 0
Total Exp Available: 0
Exp Unspent: 0
Total Character Cost: 300

Background: Shiro Usagi is a custom built replicated human from R. Scott Industries for the up and coming 4 Diamond Corporation who wants to get into the Lace & Steel competitions. Unlike most replicated humans where their behavior modification is geared to obeying their owner, Shiro was set up to idolize and seek approval from her father/trainer Toshiro Tagawa. The basic idea was that she would be less likely to go rogue if she had strong emotional ties to corporation through Toshiro. This gave 4 Diamonds exactly what they wanted. It also gave Tagawa something he never knew he wanted a family. Naturally tending to be a little gruff and keeping people at a distant, Toshiro had easily sacrificed having a family for his career making him an ideal man in 4 Diamond's mind for this position. But Shiro's constant struggle to seek approval and admiration, soften his heart. He started eating better, drinking and smoking less and get back into shape in attempt to pay back to Shiro's effort.

But alas the years of abuse he had done to his body caught up to him and the short year that the two of them were together came to an end. One day Shiro found her dear daddy lying unconscious on the training room floor. Even though the corporate doctors were summoned, Toshiro never regain consciousness. Suddenly Shiro was suddenly without the guiding force in her life. But that short time together, listening to her daddy's stories of his hometown in Japan and what it means to be alive and free. She knew she had to escape being a corporate toy and become something greater. She also deeply want to visit Toshiro's hometown. With these goals in mind she has began to build a secret stash of valuables she hopes to use to free herself from 4 Diamonds. She also been self teaching herself on how to bypass security features and escape the 4 Diamond Arcology.

Personality: She is very friendly and loyal to any she consider close friends. She is also very driven to achieve her goal of freedom. Finally a part of her secretly yearns for a replacement father figure and so she tends to fall quite easily for men who are strong and noble.

Quote: Freedom, Friends and Family are the most important things in life.

Campaign Use: There is a several ways Shiro could come into play. The most easiest is the characters coming across Shiro's escape attempt and either assist her or return her to her masters. Also if any of the characters are in Lace & Steel may also have dealing with her.

It is also possible that small expensive item Shiro has snatched is something more important then an expensive bauble to add to Shiro's stash. Now its owner is tearing up the campaign city looking for this item.

Description: Standing at around 5'8” and 135 pounds, Shiro has a slim muscular build with pure white hair accenting her obvious Japanese heritage. Though called Usagi she has no rabbit DNA in her, though wears a bunny themed costume.

Need to use a 6E compatible export there Yamamura. You're missing some characteristics.

PS: I'd love to host characters and other K5-related items on the website, it people are so inclined.

I also want to convert all of the HD files over to 6E and may ask around for assistance with the project.

Yes, BTW, everything that has game stats in the book is in a HD file. However, right now it's all 5E.

Need to use a 6E compatible export there Yamamura. You're missing some characteristics.

PS: I'd love to host characters and other K5-related items on the website, it people are so inclined.

I may have to look at the code and see if I can get the missing characteristics in. Also I am okay if you like the character for you to host it on your site. BTW Very nice and interesting book. I forgot to add the hde file. (Which I now will do so).

I can send you some 6E export formats. I'd really like to see some nice tab-only (no extra formatting) HD exports for 6E. Does anyone know how to properly build those files?

I'm checking on my order at the FLGS later today; it might be in, finally. In which case I'll be driving about 80 miles (one way) to pick it up. If they still don't have it, I'm not waiting any longer, it's pdf time. I've got less than a week to submit events for GenCon, and K5 will be among them.

Don't look at me,

Xavier Onassiss

I have an idea for a K5 scenario, in which the PCs must deliver a young, injured esper weapon to a certain location for rescue. Complications include this being the Zone during Jinsei's invention. So you get firefights in the streets, general mayhem, and Jinsei's Wolf Brigade trying to gun-down everything they see. Not to mention anti-esper units and cyberdroids. Basically 4 hours of mayhem.

Whaddya thing, sirs?