Announcing Kazei 5, Second Edition

Susano

Re: Announcing Kazei 5, Second Edition

That's got nothing to do with being Liberal. It has to do with taking responsibility for one's actions (even buying a friend a new copy of a book that was damaged while being borrowed). There's lots of bad parenting and lack of personal responsibility on both liberal and conservative sides. (Oh and if you want to discuss this we should do it elsewhere' date=' and not muck up the Kazei 5 thread with our NGD discusstions. I will be happy to discuss it, just not in this particular thread.)[/quote']

Fire up something in NGD and I'll hop in on it....well as well as I can hop with these knees. Heh.....I suppose though one thing can be said about the PDF version, it won't come back to you looking like it was the failure result of an attempt to breed a rottweiler with a Tuna.....

~Rex

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, for some reason after watching the trailer for Suckerpunch......Methinks Zack Synder should direct the Kazei 5 Movie....

http://www.craveonline.com/entertainment/film/video/sucker-punch-teaser-180441

It's got Mecha AND Dragons, Waif Fu and Hot Chicks with swords........Think it's a win win. :D

~Rex

• 1 month later...

It's looking like I'm going to run a Kazei 5/Shadows Angelus game for Genghis Con in Denver next February. :help::winkgrin:

A convention I'm intending on attending!

I'll be more than willing to assist.

Also, Dave Mattingly sent me the Monumental Battle files and I'm thinking about borrowing the color printer at work to make the playing pieces. ^_^

GM: Bill Keyes

Organization: RP Artisans

System: Hero System

Title: Kazei 5: Shadows Angelus

It is the year 2120. The city of Angelus, a technological miracle housing 20 million citizens, hovers above the ragged shoreline of what was once the West Coast. But Angelus has a dark secret – deep within Omega Sector lies a rift in the space-time continuum, through which living nightmares crawl. You are the XSWAT, a special team of cyborgs, sorcerers, and ESPers charged with protecting Angelus from incursions by these horrors. Strap on your nanofiber bodyglove, load up your M-100 pulse rifle, charge your mystical talismans, and get ready to save the day!

Keywords: Cyberpunk with an Anime Twist

Times: 2 slots;Friday & Saturday evening

Maximum Players per slot: 6

Beginner. Rules Taught. Characters Provided.

If you're planning on coming and running...

> Event submissions begin on October 4th. Final event submission deadline to

> ensure it is printed in the catalog is November 5th. When submitting an

> event, please have the following information available.

>

> Title

> Author/Judge (if known)

> Description

> Rules system

> Whether or not rules are taught

> Whether or not pregenerated characters are available

> If pregenerated characters are not available, where people can go for

> character creation guidelines.

> Number of players

> Slot(s) schedule

>

> Please pass this on

WOOT!!!

I finally got my hardcopy!!!

Great book, I like the layout and feel of the book in hand.

I've had the PDF for a while, but it just isn't the same :ugly:

Great job there ;)

So when do we see the next book :eg:

Next K5 book or next book period?

I'll once again mention the existence of the Kazei 5 2nd Edition Mailing List. Email or PM me if you want an invite.

Sorry for Vanishing, I've got some stuff on the back burner and suddenly it exploded and I had to deal and... Well, life happens.

Anyway, I have to know, what's a mailing list? I've never been on one...

Sorry for Vanishing, I've got some stuff on the back burner and suddenly it exploded and I had to deal and... Well, life happens.

Anyway, I have to know, what's a mailing list? I've never been on one...

It's a single address that people subscribe to so that a message sent to that address goes to everyone on the list. It's an easy way to share information among a lot of people.

The Kazei 5 Companion is sometime down the road... but I'm always open for content suggestions.

My next BlackWyrm book is Mythic America.

I'd love to see the K5 Companion.

For Mythic America. I remember a thread where you were talking about it. I've been away from the boards for awhile so I don't remember details. But it really sounded good to me. I assumed that it would be for Hero 6th?

Have you ever thought of a conversion of K5 for another system such as Savage Worlds? Ignore that if I am prying too much.

I'd love to see the K5 Companion.

For Mythic America. I remember a thread where you were talking about it. I've been away from the boards for awhile so I don't remember details. But it really sounded good to me. I assumed that it would be for Hero 6th?

Have you ever thought of a conversion of K5 for another system such as Savage Worlds? Ignore that if I am prying too much.

Discussion of Mythic America is here:

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php/81452-In-Progress-From-Blackwyrm-Games-Mythic-America?goto=newpost

K5 is slated to be produced for Mutants and Masterminds 3rd Edition come 2011. Other editions are up to BlackWyrm.

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php/81452-In-Progress-From-Blackwyrm-Games-Mythic-America?goto=newpost

K5 is slated to be produced for Mutants and Masterminds 3rd Edition come 2011. Other editions are up to BlackWyrm.

Thanks for the thread, I'll have to read through it.

As for M&M3rd. I picked up the book and will pick up the K5 conversion if just to appease the collector in me ;) but to be honest, after my brief flirt with "finding a different system" M&M just doesn't gain me anything I don't already have with Hero. Though I do think the M&M crowd will appreciate K5. Really great setting.

I brought up SW as a purely selfish question since that is my rules lite system of choice :eg:

• 3 weeks later...

Honestly, I don't think K5 can be made to work in M&M, and I say that as a fan of M&M (In fact, for Supers, I PREFER M&M over HERO.) But hey, I'm waiting to be surprised. The Hero version is pretty damn cool!

• 2 weeks later...