Update to 6ed?

Dr Divago

Hello everyone

I read on the news 6th edition is out!

so... my question is... should i upgrade all my existing campaign to 6ed? (and what's the name? SEd? Sixth? FREd++? ok, stop joking :P )

I mean... what's the difference between 6 and 5 edition? there is a document to show the difference or whatelse?

Some times ago someone told me not to buy 5ER and keep using FREd (no revised) just because differences was little.

Now, it worth upgrade all to sixth edition ('cause soon 5ed product will be stopped and substituted by 6ed ones; soon noone will answer to question on 5ed etc.) or it will be too time consuming, and also will make players flee just because "ok stop we don't wanna play new edition we wanna play 5th edition"?

There will be compatibility between 6ed and 5ed rules? Will you pubblish a "what's different between 5 and 6" and/or a "conversion manual" between 5 and 6 edition books?

Than you for your reply

The Doctor D

Re: Update to 6ed?

Here is an official summary of changes and conversion advice: 5E to 6E Character Conversion Summary

And no, it never got an unofficial nickname beyond that it depends on how you pronounce the two books of the core rules: 6E1 and 6E2. :)

Bundles, including the 2 books for $50 or the 2 books plus pdfs for $80, are in the online store now. Books will take some time to ship, apparently.

Go to the Hero System Discussion forum if you want to read some opinions and reactions. :)

I think the 5th to 6th Edition Character Conversion Summary in Free Stuff is as close as you're going to get.

Edit: Beaten by seconds!

Also as for nicknames, my favorites that I've heard are DBB (Double Blue Books) and SHREd, though the latter doesn't quite work as Sixth hasn't been revised yet. (And may not ever be).

I think the 5th to 6th Edition Character Conversion Summary in Free Stuff is as close as you're going to get.

Edit: Beaten by seconds!

Also as for nicknames, my favorites that I've heard are DBB (Double Blue Books) and SHREd, though the latter doesn't quite work as Sixth hasn't been revised yet. (And may not ever be).

Well, just like the original bacronym for FREd (Fifth Rules Edition), you could use Sixth Hero Rules Edition for SHREd. :)

I suppose the number of people who don't realize that calling 5e Fred predates the Revised edition shouldn't surprise me, but it still does...

Some times ago someone told me not to buy 5ER and keep using FREd (no revised) just because differences was little.

Now, it worth upgrade all to sixth edition ('cause soon 5ed product will be stopped and substituted by 6ed ones; soon noone will answer to question on 5ed etc.) or it will be too time consuming, and also will make players flee just because "ok stop we don't wanna play new edition we wanna play 5th edition"?

Your 5e books won't burst into flames, and the Gaming Police won't confiscate them. The general board posters still answer 4e questions (sometimes with "here's how it's done in 5e...") and I don't see that stopping even with 6e. If you want to keep using 5e, I don't think anyone's feelings will be hurt.

Your 5e books won't burst into flames' date=' and the Gaming Police won't confiscate them. The general board posters still answer 4e questions (sometimes with "here's how it's done in 5e...") and I don't see that stopping even with 6e. If you want to keep using 5e, I don't think anyone's feelings will be hurt.[/quote']

Heck Steve will even continue answering 5e rules questions for at least another month or two. :)

No Gaming Police??

... Alright guys, go home. I guess we aren't allowed to kick in doors.

But, what do I do with the nifty blue hex badge?

Humph, not being able to kick in doors, what's the fun in that?

Mumble, mumble...

Tasha :D

so... my question is... should i upgrade all my existing campaign to 6ed?

It's a personal call. Buy it, look at the changes, see if they are enough to make you want to change. For me, there are a couple big ones:

-- Figured Characteristics no longer figured

-- Multiple Attack rules

-- KA stun multiple

...but that list will differ for everyone.

I know people who are still running 4th (and some who are running earlier) and are quite happy. I'm not one of those people (though I'll happily play in those games). :)