And 6e print books start to arrive

archermoo

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: And 6e print books start to arrive

Mine came yesterday...postage due. I picked it up from the post office this morning for $5.89. Somehow they got an insurance sticker but no postage. Weird. Anyway, I am am super happy with the books. Superb quality in construction, layout, art and content.

Mine came yesterday...postage due. I picked it up from the post office this morning for $5.89. Somehow they got an insurance sticker but no postage. Weird. Anyway' date=' I am am super happy with the books. Superb quality in construction, layout, art and content.[/quote']

I agree. The books are beautiful and well-made. 6E2 has a little dent on the top edge of the front cover, just over the "O" in "HERO." I suspect the weight of the package was bad news for any impacts and the like, leading to damage despite the packaging. I also pity any other packages the books landed on during shipping.

Want to borrow the cone rifle?

Yeah, I bet you have that nice shiny new 6th ediiton write up cone rifle too. Wish I had the instruction manual. Oh well, I guess it can't be that hard.

::Refers to previous version manual, promptly puts it backwards on his shoulder::

Fire in the hole!

Another day, and still no 6th ed. I must admit that each day makes me rethink my purchase. I understand delays. I understand shipping problems. But at least 32 days will pass from the time the first person reported getting it until I will get mine - and that is if I actually get it on Monday.

Yeah, I'm venting a bit here, and there probably is a bit of sour grapes too. But the 6th ed pre-order was one of my "must-have" purchases for GenCon, and I am a little annoyed that I still don't have it yet.

This is the first I've posted' date=' because Darren said not to panic until Monday. No sign of the books here, yet, but the other person who pre-ordered at Gencon with us hasn't gotten hers, either. Maybe people in NJ are last?[/quote']

AlHazred, who lives in NJ, got his weeks ago. It seems random. Mine turned up today, so you can at least look at mine when you come by on Monday.