And 6e print books start to arrive

archermoo

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: And 6e print books start to arrive

Current status is "OUT FOR DELIVERY" in the city I live in. Should be waiting for me when I get home.

Yay!

:thumbup:

As anticipated, mine (along with the APG which had been ordered separately) was sitting at home waiting for me when I arrived. Pity I spent all night doing homework (and let me tell you, to be ding homework at my age is a crime all by itself). Should provide hours of reading this weekend.

Got mine on the 17th(along with the APG). Work has been hectic...so I'm just now starting to dig into them. Firsts impressions....uh...since when did the books get so big! lol The character creation book alone is bigger than my 5th ed book! I like the changes to characteristics. The end of Figureds means less inflated stats (primarily DEX and CON) just to get the benefits they provided. I have no problem with that. DEX may be a bit much at 2/1, but I guess the designers thought initiative was worth the cost. I'll probably leave it as is as my players aren't that power gamey at all...so this probably won't be a big concern for them. Haven't dug into the Powers list as yet, but a quick thumb through shows that they eliminated many of the old defense powers, but added some others....like Barrier. I probably would have left Force Field in myself, but I guess you could build a similar effect by adding Uses END to the new Resisant Protection?

And in another thread, Darren had this to say:

OK, everybody, time for another "please relax" posting. I certainly understand people being upset at how long this has taken, and don't fault anybody for complaining. We've done our best to explain the delays, the vast majority of which were out of our control, but we're not offering them as "excuses." The people who placed preorders at Gencon *were* at the "front of the line." However, the front of the line did in fact consist of hundreds of people, and was a separate line that started production at the exact same time as the "line" of distributors, who themselves placed orders well before any individuals did and were just as annoyed by their own delays. Somebody had to be last among all the people who were "tied for first," and who that wound up being was entirely random.

And yes, the process did wind up taking considerably longer than we expected when we started. While the books are both attractive and sturdy, they're *heavy*, and UPS has had a great deal of difficulty managing them without damages. This has meant double- or even triple-boxing on our end, which greatly multiplies the amount of time each one took to process. Nevertheless, it's finally done (except for a handful of problematic foreign orders we're still working on), so everybody should be getting their books once they make their way through either UPS or the post office. Anybody who hasn't gotten them by early next week should contact us directly- while we're reasonably sure we've done them all right, there were many hundreds of these to ship, and a small handful of errors are probably inevitable.

Again, we apologize for the amount of time this has taken- if there had been any way to make it faster we would have done so. dw

I feel optimisitc: I hope for a Friday delivery' date=' as I have Friday off, and thus would be able to spend the day perusing the tomes.[/quote']

I'm feeling pessimistic, but that's because I know that I have at least 1d6 of unluck, and probably more.

(Friday would actually be bad - our Champs game is Friday night, and it would be cruel to try and run a game with the new books just sitting there, staring at me.)

Mr. Surbrook' date=' it is my belief that the orders were alphabetized. Since my last name starts with Sa, I will probably receive them (and I have not yet) one to two days before you, since your last name starts with Su.[/quote']

My last name starts with 'Y' and I got mine, so I don't think alphabet played a part.

...with the new books just sitting there' date=' staring at me.)[/quote']

They do that to. I hear they went to school with that stack of cash with eyeballs...playing its theme song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1ArZEFwRsY

It's creepy...

But I just smile and pat it on its head, because we're going to be alright...yes we are...just fine

Got my 6E books today! :D I ordered mine on August 26 I think, and am happy that they got to Sweden so relatively fast, considering several others here are unfortunately still waiting.

The packaging was very clever and efficient, still a little crease at the lower end of the cover of 6E1 and slight bruising over the spine of the same book had gotten through. In the same box, there was also Book of the Machine which survived intact. I have no complaints whatsoever on this, I am in wonder over how undamaged they actually are from the trip to Europe, and...

I can absolutely understand the problems with packaging these huge books - being very heavy, they could easily slide around and damage themselves from pure momentum.

But they do look beautiful!

Not only beautiful, they remind me more of college handbooks and expensive course and reference literature than RPG books; they just look so bleeding professional... and then I've been looking through the pdfs for some time now.

I can't say much more factual about these lovable monsters right now, I have to digest my first impression before I can manage that. :)

I must just say this to all of you who haven't gotten your books yet: It was worth the wait. :D