More cross-genre goodiness: The Predator vs. a Jedi

Badger

So, let's plant the Predator species into the Star Wars universe. So, who would win?

Some thoughts: I imagine a Jedi would be a very prestigious kill. So, any Predator with a lightsaber trophy would be much honored.

And as a follow up question what kind of role could the Predators play in the Star Wars universe?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: More cross-genre goodiness: The Predator vs. a Jedi

first guess - bounty hunters

That was my first thought. But, it'd seem they'd need a good challenge to perk their interest. So, your run-of-the-mill bounty may not be so.

I suppose they might be interested in hiring out to the Empire as mercenaries to clear out certain Rebel bases.

The Star Wars universe doesn't lack for huge, dangerous creatures, so I wouldn't be surprised to see Predators show up wherever such may be found. Hunting Wookies on their home world would probably be a prestigious accomplishment.

A few of them might fight in arena contests, although in general they seem to prefer the strategic challenge of stalking their prey to a simple standup fight.

OTOH a Predator would itself make a very tempting target for someone wanting to clone an army! :eek:

I'd say the Jedi would win

most can reflect the blaster bolts back at who ever shot at them

they would sense the Predators through there cloaking field

Jedi's are just as agile as Predators

I would go with Jedi's winning 8 of 10 encounters

so the Predators would be either very lucky or very good(more luck IMHO)

The Star Wars universe doesn't lack for huge, dangerous creatures, so I wouldn't be surprised to see Predators show up wherever such may be found. Hunting Wookies on their home world would probably be a prestigious accomplishment.

A few of them might fight in arena contests, although in general they seem to prefer the strategic challenge of stalking their prey to a simple standup fight.

OTOH a Predator would itself make a very tempting target for someone wanting to clone an army! :eek:

I did forget about the Wookiees for that moment. Yeah, that would be a good matchup.

They'd also get a kick out of them krayt dragons on Tatooine. Or some wampa action.

Note: COurse, if they want to help me hunt Ewok....:eg:

Well, the Force could be of great help. Still, I cant forget how many of them went down like punks in Ep III.

Still, it would likely nullify the invisibility. The more I think about it I see the Jedi Masters being a problem. Maybe the most powerful on the Knight level. But, the less powerful Knights probably wouldnt survive.

Course, The Predator vs. Stormtroopers/Clone Troopers would face only slightly more resistance than an ax chopping through butter.

Watching the Republic-era trilogy (as much as I could stomach, anyway) :rolleyes: , I was struck by how far less effective a typical disarmed Jedi was in a fight. True, they could use a few Force tricks against their foes, but for the most part it seems that they ran more than fought when caught light-saber-less. OTOH a typical Predator is not only very strong, quite agile and pretty quick, but seems to carry a small arsenal of weapons, so the loss of one isn't crippling.

If a Predator can get a Jedi's light saber away from him, IMO the odds would shift significantly in favor of the former.

I bet Jango Fett would give one a run for his money' date=' though.[/quote']

Well, Jango/Boba was probably more specially trained than your run of the mill trooper. I always thought the Fetts were kind of the "green beret/navy seal/etc of the Star Wars universe.

I think the Predator would win in most contests. Of course, we are back to whoever is writing the story. I just can't help imaging the distorted Predator voice mimicking the "May the Force be with you" like it did "Want some candy?" from Predator 2. Then zap, or crunch, or some other unpleasant presage to a Jedi's head being the next decoration on the Predator ship. Of course, a non-arrogant Jedi would probably be able to stand his ground and maybe walk out of it alive.

Let me get this straight, it's guys who like hunting down people who don't have modern weapons, armor or the ability to detect their stealth versus guys who regularly go up against Sith Lords. Hmmm... let me think. Jedis in a heartbeat. Predators get their jollies fighting people who have almost no chance of killing them. The death of the Predator in the first movie was only due to his stupidity, gloating over a fallen enemy, bad luck and opponents being more formidable than he could possibly anticipate. Against serious opposition they're toast. And by serious opposition I include most of the guys in the Mos Eisley spaceport cantina if someone gets them the right goggles. Luke could have taken that sucker out before he ever touched a lightsabre.

Let me get this straight' date=' it's guys who like hunting down people who don't have modern weapons, armor or the ability to detect their stealth versus guys who regularly go up against Sith Lords.[/quote']

To be fair, Predators generally avoid attacking unarmed opponents as being an insufficient challenge. On more than one occasion a single alien has been shown taking on multiple heavily armed humans, and sometimes being wounded in a fight. As for Jedi, only the most powerful and experienced of them have taken on Sith Lords in direct battle, with mixed results.

The predator's gun shoots large plasma balls - I doubt a lightsabre would be able to deflect all of it. What you would end up with is the jedi hit by two small plasma bolts.

Ahh... according to the materials I have read, blasters in SW fire bolts of plasmatized tibanna gas (the stuff they mine at Cloud City on Bespin). That's why they are called blasters and not lasers.

So lightsabers are already proven to be very effective vs. plasma weapons.

Let me get this straight' date=' it's guys who like hunting down people who don't have modern weapons, armor or the ability to detect their stealth versus guys who regularly go up against Sith Lords. Hmmm... let me think. Jedis in a heartbeat. Predators get their jollies fighting people who have almost no chance of killing them. The death of the Predator in the first movie was only due to his stupidity, gloating over a fallen enemy, bad luck and opponents being more formidable than he could possibly anticipate. Against serious opposition they're toast. And by serious opposition I include most of the guys in the Mos Eisley spaceport cantina if someone gets them the right goggles. Luke could have taken that sucker out before he ever touched a lightsabre.[/quote']

Predators are the alien equivalent of hunters. Imagine them as a human hunter, imagine yourself as a deer. There you go.

Some of them prefer to be Big Game Hunters instead, and go after dangerous animals, like lions and tigers and bears, oh my.

I don't know about the average Jedi - General Grievous took out a few' date=' though presumably with help - but I'd pick any of the hero Jedi over a Predator any day. The Predator might put up a good fight, but seriously, it's essentially a foregone conclusion.[/quote']

Oh, I forgot to mention I tied and gagged Lucas and threw him in the closet. So, he want be able to pull a good guy win out his colon.:eg:

Sorry, I couldnt risk another Stone Age Ewok defeats advanced tech stormtroopers scenario. Everybody has to fight without "divine interference". :P

What I want to know is' date=' can I play a Jedi Predator PC?[/quote']

In the Hero System' date=' you can :)[/quote']

Well, I did know a guy from college who was playing in a Star Wars rpg game as Aisha Clanclan (from the anime Outlaw Star) essentially (minus her transformation) If I remember right, they were playing as a group of bounty hunters. I forgot to ask what the rest of the group were playing as.