Create a Villain Theme Team!

BoloOfEarth

The Fun House Gang is a group of six maniacs the like has not been seen since, well since ever. Their motivations vary from one to another and if anyone ever tells you they can discern a pattern to the chaos and mayhem this group perpetrates they are flat out lying to you. If there were an overarching theme to the madness it might be their personal enjoyment, which again is not the same for each one. 

Mirror-Mirror

Mirror-Mirror appears to be a human almost completely covered in a reflective costume that shows only their vaguely almond-shaped, dark, eyes. Their form is so distorted and constantly shifting that it is impossible to determine their bodily proportions, and they do not seem to understand any language nor do they speak except to laugh. Laughter that ranges from hideous and maniacal to carefree to lilting to childlike to bitterly ironic or even barely distinguishable from hysterical tears. Mirror-Mirror is a shape changer, or perhaps rather shape-distorter or even space-distorter, and changes size (growth/shrinking) and proportions (stretching) virtually every time they move. It's not at all clear if those powers are voluntary.

Grinning Jack

Labelled at times as a cheap Joker rip off, Grinning Jack does not actually kill but they can drive people insane. Several people who have tried to reach his mind with telepathy have ended up screaming on the floor at what they have found. Other mental powers are not affected. Jack sometimes floats in the air which has also led to him being called a cheap hack stealing from the Buffy the Vampire Slayer Hush.

He does not speak. And he does not carry knives or piercing weapons. He has knocked out people with drugs or bludgeoning weapons. 

Ring Master 

Directing the Fun House Gang, if anyone was able to do that, would be the Ring Master. To say his is the most sane of the group is not really saying much. He does develop intricate and detailed plays for all kinds of whimsy but just how releasing all the dogs in the pound and teaching them to dance will benefit him is anyone's guess. Or the time he needed 50 gallons for blood from blue eyed people so he could "paint the town red". 

Like many others that have taken the name or title of Ring Master, he also has the ability to control the minds of his victims. In fact he will rarely if ever be the one to enact his plans although he will always be there at the end to claim credit for his great plan. 

Pop-Scare

Bárðarbunga Hvannadalshnúkursdottir is /Huldufólk/, one of an ancient tribe of peaceful other-dimensional fairy-like beings living, from the earthly perspective, in large rocks. When Bárðarbunga's rock was blown to bits for a road-cut, she was, fortunately, out shopping ( /Huldufólk/ do all the same everday things as humans), but when she returned home to find herself homeless, she was miffed. After driving the unfortunate construction company out of business with unexplained accidents, she wandered off in search of a new home. Sadly all the nice big lava rocks on the island were taken, or had exhorbidant rent (again, they're just like people), so she headed overseas. After much wandering, she found a "haunted house" somewhere in North America and participated in the humans' amusing ritual of scaring eachother. It was fun, but it didn't last, so she went looking for similar places, putting several fun houses out of business until Ring Master recruited her.
In her natural form, at least, on the earthly plane, Bárðarbunga is a three inch tall pudgy humanoid with frizzy bright red hair that stands on end prettymuch all the time, and, superfluously, she can turn invisible or shunt herself into the otherworld if she really doesn't want to be seen. In combat, she uses limited telepathy to intuit a victims instinctive or childhood fears and briefly grows to an appropriate size to assume the form of that fear, then vanishes again. Enemies who spot, or worse, hurt her, and those she can't read fears from, she'll attack in a human-sized warty-green-skinned black-haired (still standing on end) superhumanly-strong 'troll' form, preferably employing 'growth momentum' to really wallop them.
While it's a really low bar, Pop-Scare is probably the most dependable member of the group, able, for instance, to patiently wait in ambush or for a signal, and the most nearly likely to stick to a battle plan for a phase or two before getting distracted by someone with a really amusing fear.

Dr Peter White

This member of the group is the one who looks the most normal. He is a psychiatrist by trade who tries his hardest, damn it, to convince other people that they are mad. From relatively minor quirks like kleptomania to insisting that someone is a homicidal serial killer. He has been known to grab someone by the shoulders or arms and scream into their face 'Don't you understand ! You are mad ! And Only I can help you ! Let me help you ! Let me help you ! For the love of God, let me help you !'

He has been shot, stabbed and beaten up as a result but he always seems to heal up even to the extent that his clothes will repair themselves. Damage that would kill a normal person seems to incapacitate him for a while but he comes back. He does not have the ability to make someone mad, he just tries to convince them that they are mad. He seems to despair of the others facepalming and shaking his head. He will not shoot or stab anyone and will only fight someone if he has to. He only seems to want to convince someone that they are mad.

Gravelord is a hulking wrestling type of zombie-like being. He uses his extrem strength and durability to take people to unconscious, then dig a grave for them, place them inside the grave, then waits for them to awaken before he starts to cover them back up with dirt. He can't be defeated till sunrise or until his opponent digs him a grave, puts him in it, and covers him up with dirt.

Gravelord never goes after an opponent who buried him. It is sort of like game recognizing game.

Next team: The Adrift Seven

Seven superbeings were the last surviving beings from there universe, each one destroyed by a different crises or another. Twisted by their own experiences, they seek to create a universe destroying crises for their own reasons. They are all insane from the ultimate tragedy.

The Burning

Some universes end in ice...others in fire.

L'uok was a scientist and explorer in his universe. It was he who discovered that the stars were converging, he who realised that soon they would coalesce into a primordial monobloc. Recognized as the greatest of his people, they sacrificed for him, provided him with age-eliminating drugs, and he lived a million lifetimes in his search to find a way to prevent the elimination of his people and all their long history from effectively having never been.

He failed.

At the end he drove his ship, the last ship, straight into the coalescing monobloc, hoping to explode it early, prevent the formation of another doomed universe.

He Failed.

Instead he found himself here, in this universe, empowered by heat...eternal, unbearable heat. He has sought many ways to end his existence and eternal torment.

HE FAILED.

Now, as The Burning, he believes that only by being within another dying universe can he cease to be. He will do anything to accomplish this - after all, nothing actually matters.

What do you do when the Eater of Worlds arrives on your planet and starts to destroy it ? If you can you flee to another world. Only the Eater turns up again and tries to devour that one. Again and again you flee only for the Eater to come and start eating this world until there is only one world left and then the Eater comes for that one and you all die screaming........

The psychiatrists and the other patients say you are mad but you know it is coming for this universe as well so destroy the world so it can't eat it is the only way.

Allyria The Dark is like a female Superman including cape and it is figure hugging one but it is not very explicit or graphic. Some heroes have tried using her long(ish) hair or cape to thwart her.

Absolute 0

The Universe will end in either Fire or Ice it has been said. For Absolute 0 it needs to be ice. He is attuned in one way or another to every atom and every molecule, everyone of them, everywhere. It can feel when a sun goes nova, when one mortal does harm to another, when a planet is poisoned and corrupted. It knows when the fabric of time or space are torn asunder by powerful interdimensional beings. It can not escape this pain, these feelings. The only thing it wants peace and quiet, an end to all the endless noise that is existence. The only way to do that is the way it did it in the last Universe it was in : stop all the motion in all the atoms so that everything dies, everything becomes silent, all the buzzing and humming and thrumming finally stops and it can once again know peace until the next Universe starts.

The Macronaut

The universe was doomed. Every scientist, ever theologian, every leader agreed. It was inevitable. Afterall the universe was a closed system, even if it was an astounding 1.775e+25 times the radius of the one known inhabbited world within it, and it's central core was inherrently unstable, once the unimaginably masive core split, the cataclysmic energies released would erase existance as everyone knew it. Perhaps some other universe or universes might follow after it, but surely no sentience would survive the transition.
But there was one particularly outre physicist - or perhaps, philosopher, at his level the distinction was often moot - who disagreed. He theorized that the universe was neither finite nor closed, but made up of a potentially infinite number of parallel, separate but similar universes, and that travel out among them, in some vastly greater Macroverse, might be possible. Not for a being as infinitessimal as a person, but for beings, themselves, composed, each, of many usiverses, unnamable beings vaster and older than time itself. To prove his theory, he set out to become one of them, expanding his mind to encompass the whole known universe and slowing his thoughts until whole lifetimes slipped by in an instance, he waited for the inevitable end and harnessed that release of energy, riding outward, ever outward, ever expanding his mind and building for himself a form unimaginably vast...
... Macronaut appears, in our universe, as a transparent, midnight-blue humanoid with brilliant points of lights - almost like stars or galaxies - suspended within it. It is less cohesive than normal matter ( cf: https://www.herogames.com/forums/topic/101181-a-variant-density-decreasealternate-desolid-idea/ ) and can expand it's form eventually becoming intangible, then invisible, then ceasing to exist (X-D move to the next-greater 'macroverse,' perhpas), or compress itself (Shrinking +DI), eventually dropping back into a 'microverse' (XDM again). Unfortunately, it's diffuse body is made up mostly of fissionable atoms, and it needs a steady supply of more to sustain itself, and, even more dangerously, if it chooses to compress itself while feeding, can trigger a fission chain reaction. Thus it is a villain, or at leat a danger. From it's point of view, our world is a place of elder beings of alien form and hideous complexitiy possessed of ponderous, calous, incomprehensible mentalities - to the Macronaut, we are not just monsters, but Lovecraftian horrors.

Lansear doesn't want the end of the universe, but everywhere he goes violence follows. Eventually someone discovers some old tech and destroys their planet and he has to move on to sell his wares to another population of sapients at war with itself.

No, Lansear doesn't want the universe to end. After all, who would he give his technology to if it did.

CES  

Mind Empress

Maybe she destroyed her own universe by excessive use of her mental powers but she no longer knows. And good luck trying to read the mind of one the most powerful mental practitioners ever. She now looks human but she was not originally. Or that is what she believes. She looks human and acts human. She wants to get people to destroy the world via pollution, nuclear accidents or genetically altered viruses that target different groups. As you may guess she has been at this a while. Her costume is not scandalous as she relies on her powers and her oratory skill to get people on her side. Then she makes them try to destroy each other.

Edited by death tribble

Paradox

"... we're so sorry for your loss  ..."

"... take all the time you need ..."

"... if you need anything  ..."

"... they're in a better place  ..."

"... not your fault ..." 

"...  just an accident ..."   

"...  random chance  ..."

"...  it's God's will..."

"... uncarring universe ..."

"... no one to blame ..."

"... Lina, we haven't heard from you in so long, please, don't do any-"

"That's odd!   I've never pulled in a quantum alternate before.  In every other case I've switched universes with the alternate - of course, you'd see me as the alternate - but, there's just no way it could have happened, I may have to revise quantum theory, entirely.  If there is a Lina Bachmann in the alternate, we must swap places, if there isn't, I shouldn't be able to reach it, at all.  Oh, I'm sorry, you look confused.  I forget that not all of me went into theoretical physics.  What did you?"  "Oh, experimental, well, that's important too, why I'm doing experiments now, I couldn't *get* an experimental physists to help me on this project, it's too radical, but I guess you were-"  "No?  Particle physics?  Now I was never interest -"  "Why, no, of course I never married, my work is far more..."  "Now, don't get upset, this takes some adjustment..."  "What?  Who?  No I... oh, that jock I tutored in colllege who killed himself?  Why I'd almost forgotten about it, tragic of course, but what's it got to do wi-"   

Lina Bachmann, controversial quantum physicist, was found strangled to death, her lab was ransacked.  Some investigators consider her to be the first victim of the supervillain known a Paradox.  Paradox is a non-humanoid robot or small piloted 'mecha' it has two long leg that bend 'backward' at the knee and several much smaller manipulative and weapon-mounting limbs attached to or housed within it's oblong main body.  It  has something of an improvised appearance.   It appeared suddenly and began a campaign of theft, focusing on high-tech components and materials.  It seems able to vanish (presumably teleport a long distance, or shift to another dimension) or to exist in two places at once or occupy the same space as other objects.  It's purpose remains unknown.  Scientists and engineers have assured investigators that the technologies it is trying to acquire are no more dangerous than the robot itself, indeed, probably much less so, and would only be of interest to a physicist searching for the Higgs boson...

Spoiler

...what no one knows, yet, except the other members of the Adrift, perhaps, is that Paradox is piloted by a quantum-alternate Dr. Lina Bachmann, who, in the extremity of grief at the loss of her family, decided she could take revenge on an uncarrying universe, and charged a Higgs boson with enough energy to flip to 'true vaccuum' which anihilated the universe... though, only at the speed of light, so while the earth vanished in an instant, and the moon 3 seconds later, it'll be billions of years before the /whole/ universe is swallowed up by true vaccuum.  Small consolation that.  She didn't expect to even know that she succeeded, of course, but she was snatched away by an alternate self's quantum experimentation (the only reason the two could co-exist in one universe was that the other's universe was destroyed at the same moment).  Now, she plans to progress through alternate universes, destroying those where her family died or her children were never born, sparing those where they live.  (Actually, she could have already gone through many such universes...)

8 hours ago, steriaca said:

They no longer support Spoiler tags.

You got the next team Opal.

That's weird, I've been reading old threads that have plenty of them.   Oh, well, it'll be less cool, but I'll complete the above without 'em.

In an alternate time line where Charles Darwin joined the newly-created Scottland Yard instead of embarking on the HMS Beagle, he was still inspired to develop his theory of evolution, but the inspirations were not odd animals from around the globe, but a surge of human mutations in Lodon.  Who were the first 8 of The Nine Terrors who terrorized London for 50 years? (the 9th and last being the non-powered Jack the Ripper, of course, who was also, ironically, the only one never identified) 

The villains should all be Marvel-style mutants and aren't a team per se, though some of them may have opperated at the same time, most should have appeared in the 1830s and all the mutants should have appeared before 1850, Jack the Ripper was 1880s. I just wanted to be very sure to leave him out of it.  

They should reflect the demogrpahics and dismal conditions of Victorian London.  If we fall short of 9 (which sounded poetic to me) and someone wants to move on, just say "...and the rest, though terrifying serial killers, were just 'normal' people..." and name the next group.   You can decide if your Terror was apprehended, killed, vanished, reformed, disected, has descendents -  or is still at large nearly 200 years later.

Opal,

When you are doing the post you have the option for Bold, Italics etc. You also have what looks like an eye after the speech marks. That is The Spoiler.

The Great Stink Beast

Although active before then it was The Great Stink  (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Stink) that gave this villain their final name and it was during this time that they were brought to book. It was theorised that it came from the buried River Fleet from whence it appeared as a Spectre to terrorise the city preceded by a horrible smell. It was chased to the Thames in August of 1858 and it was shot and disappeared into the river. The corpse came ashore in September and was set on fire as no-one could or would go near it.

The Ledgerman

The Ledgerman was Henry James Agallon, a mutant with extendable arms who abducted street orphans and young women. He believed himself the first of a new breed of humans he called The Superiors, and he believed that they should rule over mankind. 

The local papers started to refer to this mysterious abductor as The Ledgerman because it sounds good. Eventually Scotland Yard caught up with him, and he was supposed to be hung until dead...eyewitness started that all it did was stretch out his neck. His current whereabouts are not known.

Spoiler

The Ledgerman is still alive, an eternal guest of the Queen, almost forgotten by the world, except on the streets as a bogeyman character used to scare children.

The Grey Midwife

The life expectancy of a person during the Victorian era grew as the person grew. Infant mortality was a huge factor in average life expectancy during this time. Many historians will point toward disease and hygiene as the most likely and widespread cause for this effect. What they don't know is that in England and more specifically London there lived a woman, a midwife by trade, named Agatha. She had the rather unique ability to draw the life force from another human to augment her own. Since children have their whole lives ahead of them she targeted the children born in poor conditions so that she could draw off their life and add those years to her own. As medicine and hygiene improved and stories grew about babies dying while in the arms of a particular midwife, Agatha's ability to find suitable "meals" waned and she was force to move to less advanced societies where births in a hospital were less likely.

Today the stories of infants and newborns mysteriously and suddenly dying come from all around the world leading one to believe Agatha is still out there. In fact when one looks at the date and locations of these more modern stories it easy to see that she is perhaps no longer alone in this world.

His Lordship

Born of aristocratic family, His Lordship was disgusted by the state of affairs of London, and blamed the increasing power of the common man. After all the higher classes were bred and trained to rule - what good could come of letting the unlettered masses have any control of things?

He was aided in this belief by his actual superiority. He was a mutant, stronger, smarter and swifter than any normal man. He started taking out people who he saw as paragons of the new order - nouveau riche businessmen, union organizers, soldiers who had risen through the ranks on ability rather than wealth or influence.

However, he soon found he was not bulletproof, and ended up sprawled in an alley, shot six times by a petty thief with a revolver.

Dr Hunger

He was one of the last to appear and he claims it was the Irish potato famine of the late 1840s that brought him into existence. He was able to cause hunger in others or make them believe that they were still hungry. Thus he could make someone either die of starvation or make them die of overeating. He was not taken seriously to begin with as dying from hunger was nothing new but when it began to happen to people who were well fed both doctors and the police started looking for him. After he was caught and started making people hungry someone took the decision to eliminate him and he was shot dead, His bofy was then taken away for medical examination. His brain or what is left of it was supposed to be held in one of the major London training hopitals.

I'm compiling a list of those who are mentioned but have not been detailed like The Viridian Bat. Can anyone else let me know of villains or heroes they have mentioned that have not been detailed.

Dr Nymax! is mentioned but is detailed in the MITT team.

Currently I have 

Visgoth
Revanche
The Viridian Bat
Meggido
Technocrat
Gervais Gauvrom, Master of the Future
The Sophia
The Sybll
The Proud American
Killroy Killjoy
Mr Spider
Max Millions (victim of the American Protector)
Professor Protector

The Cardinal

The Spitalfields Slasher

The Slasher did not draw great attention, only a few of his victims died, and all of them were rough men of violence, themselves, eliciting little sympathy even if they did come forward to report being attacked.  None the less his unique description - a powerfully-built man of no great height, but profusely hairy and downright bestial in appearance - led to his apprehension.  He was shot several times, presumed dead, and partially dissected.  The long deadly claws that gave him his name proved to be natural, retractable, appendages, like those of a cat, rather than an exotic weapon, like the Indian bagh nakh as originally assumed.  Before a more thorough autopsy could be performed the body mysteriously vanished in the night.  

4 hours ago, death tribble said:

I'm compiling a list of those who are mentioned but have not been detailed like The Viridian Bat. Can anyone else let me know of villains or heroes they have mentioned that have not been detailed.

Dr Nymax! is mentioned but is detailed in the MITT team.

Currently I have 

Visgoth
Revanche
The Viridian Bat
Meggido
Technocrat
Gervais Gauvrom, Master of the Future
The Sophia
The Sybll
The Proud American
Killroy Killjoy
Mr Spider
Max Millions (victim of the American Protector)
Professor Protector

The Cardinal

I don't remember if I mentioned her, but Obaba Yaga (or simply Obaba) the head of WITCH...or at least in my mind.