FANTASY HERO Sneak Peek #1: The Cover!

Steve Long

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: FANTASY HERO Sneak Peek #1: The Cover!

I really liked Elmore's cover on FH 4th while Storn's cover on FH 5th didn't do it for me (too cartoonish for my taste). This one is just awesome. Easily the best of the three. Dynamic scene, atmospheric lighting, desperate situation, a big warrior fighting with two weapons, it's a winner.

sobs. why HG? why? why did you make a cover so beautiful it makes all the rest of the world bleaker for it existing? I nearly tore my eyes out in agonizing realization that nothing would ever seem as bright, nor as alive as this cover! I weep knowing full well, when my friend returns with my copy from gencon upon july 8th, I will die from the sight of it. Like the nymph disrobing before me I will gasp with a sudden last breath and slump to the floor, devoid of life but smiling nonetheless.

sobs. why HG? why? why did you make a cover so beautiful it makes all the rest of the world bleaker for it existing? I nearly tore my eyes out in agonizing realization that nothing would ever seem as bright' date=' nor as alive as this cover! I weep knowing full well, when my friend returns with my copy from gencon upon july 8th, I will die from the sight of it. Like the nymph disrobing before me I will gasp with a sudden last breath and slump to the floor, devoid of life but smiling nonetheless.[/quote']

..."And the award for best overacting goes to..." :D

sobs. why HG? why? why did you make a cover so beautiful it makes all the rest of the world bleaker for it existing? I nearly tore my eyes out in agonizing realization that nothing would ever seem as bright' date=' nor as alive as this cover! I weep knowing full well, when my friend returns with my copy from gencon upon july 8th, I will die from the sight of it. Like the nymph disrobing before me I will gasp with a sudden last breath and slump to the floor, devoid of life but smiling nonetheless.[/quote']

GenCon was July 8th? How come no one told me!

Since we have red-and-gold as the Champions colors (based on the MMO logo and trade dress), using green-and-gold for Fantasy seemed like a natural step. ;) Fred and I haven't started discussing SH yet, but perhaps there'll be some gold there too, to link them all together. :hex:

Since we have red-and-gold as the Champions colors (based on the MMO logo and trade dress)' date=' using green-and-gold for Fantasy seemed like a natural step. ;) Fred and I haven't started discussing SH yet, but perhaps there'll be some gold there too, to link them all together. :hex:[/quote']

Black and gold - classic colour combo!

cheers, Mark

Great cover. C'arn the Orcs!

OK' date=' that's a new one on me. What does "c'arn" mean? It sounds like a word I will want to know. ;)[/quote']

Its a very Aussie way of saying "Come On" (Yanks might say C'mon)

used for cheering on ones favorite team.

It also sounds like that swordsman plans to turn those Orcs into meat. :eg:

Steve, if you ever write up this character, I recommend naming him "C'arn."