And now, for your daily dose of cute...

teh bunneh

Re: And now, for your daily dose of cute...

They don't mention that in the Christmas song.

Kiko-chan's Smile is my favorite anime series nobody has ever heard of over here. It is about a five-year-old prodigy the world isn't ready for. She cleans, cooks, does acrobatics, dances ballet, and interferes in her teacher's love life.

Anyway, there is an episode late in the series where she becomes strangely obsessed with the hippopotamus. (Maybe it's because she was the only one in her English class for tots who could pronounce the word.) Many attempts by various characters to locate one of the things ensue. In the end, though, she is quite satisfied with the hippopotamus graphic on her birthday cake.

One of our cats, who has been my companion for twenty years, has started slowing down. We're hoping it's just a cold but we've never seen her this lethargic. She has an appointment with the vet on Saturday. Here she is being coddled with fluffy blanket.

One of our cats' date=' who has been my companion for twenty years, has started slowing down. We're hoping it's just a cold but we've never seen her this lethargic. She has an appointment with the vet on Saturday. Here she is being coddled with fluffy blanket.[/quote']

Hopefully it's just a cold. :) At least if it isn't, though, they had a good, long life.

Thank you for all the well wishes, folks. Not to bring the thread down but unfortunately she has fluid around her lungs and heart, and lymphoma in her abdomen. We are scheduling at-home euthanasia, but according to her vet, she may die before that can be done. Also according to her vet, treating one condition will worsen the other, and vice-versa. Treatment would, at best, likely extend her life by a mere week. She probably has days or less. Oreo, or Old Lady Cat, or Her Highness Empress Of All She Surveys Who Can Totally Kick Scratch Fury's @$$, has lived a long and mostly happy life (no matter what she says), being vivacious and frisky up until the last few weeks. We should all hope to live as well. I'm glad she's not in pain now, and will miss her when she is gone.

And if I can find the awesome picture of her in a glass bowl with autmun leaves from a few years ago, I will post it soonest.

Thank you for all the well wishes, folks. Not to bring the thread down but unfortunately she has fluid around her lungs and heart, and lymphoma in her abdomen. We are scheduling at-home euthanasia, but according to her vet, she may die before that can be done. Also according to her vet, treating one condition will worsen the other, and vice-versa. Treatment would, at best, likely extend her life by a mere week. She probably has days or less. Oreo, or Old Lady Cat, or Her Highness Empress Of All She Surveys Who Can Totally Kick Scratch Fury's @$$, has lived a long and mostly happy life (no matter what she says), being vivacious and frisky up until the last few weeks. We should all hope to live as well. I'm glad she's not in pain now, and will miss her when she is gone.

And if I can find the awesome picture of her in a glass bowl with autmun leaves from a few years ago, I will post it soonest.

Treasure the time you have left. :)

I'm very soory to hear about this. One of my friends adopted a can years ago and had her end up with cancer. It took a long time, but she eventually passed away. While she was alive she was a beautiful cat.

My family had a cat who was sort of passed around among the adult children. He lived nineteen years, a very good run for a cat. He even survived a fire in my apartment, making him seem virtually indestructible.

I'm very soory to hear about this. One of my friends adopted a can years ago and had her end up with cancer. It took a long time, but she eventually passed away. While she was alive she was a beautiful cat.

My family had a cat who was sort of passed around among the adult children. He lived nineteen years, a very good run for a cat. He even survived a fire in my apartment, making him seem virtually indestructible.

Maybe he was just fire-proof. :) You could have had a super-cat!