WWYD - Raising You

Stone

You and/or your team raids a VIPER (or equivalent in your world). After fighting your way through the base, you come across a hidden medical lab and find a 1 year old child in bed with monitoring equipment attached to the child. The child is obviously upset due the sounds of the fighting. You finally have the chance to go through the medical logs and discover the child is a clone of your character. Apparently VIPER had gone out after some of your public battles and collected blood, hair, and tissues samples you had left behind during these battles and used them to clone you. The child's DNA is a perfect match your DNA, even down any changes that occurred when your character acquired his/her powers. VIPER had planned to raise the child to be a weapon. Now, what do you do with the child?

Re: WWYD - Raising You

Volt is a bit old to raise a child and would find someoine to do so who would raise the child to be responsible (Are the Kents available?) He'd visit and give pointers.

Olorin - well, Viper would have been disappointed. Except for the fact that Olorin does not age, everything else he had was training. (and experience due to the fact he does not age.). The child has potential only. And if the child is one year old, it looks like the not aging is not active, unless the child was artificially aged. Which may have ruined the non aging. He may raise it himself. In any case, he'd follow it to adulthood... since he does not age.

Black Tiger - again he is at least part training. See Volts' route.

Leadman - Powers are by a focus. See Volt for adopting, and Viper would have been disappointed again.

Futurian - Oh. My. God. Either the nanites were not copied and the child is normal or they were copied. If copied and the science from the future to control the nanites were not available - The lab where this happened could be goo. Or shards. Or somthing that looks look a lab from Star Trek. Or any combination .... or beyond. The nanites would be totally uncontrolled.

(and this just gave me an evil idea. Thanks!)

Dr. Nostalgia is a gadgeteer; the kid might be bright, but it will take years of education for him to start inventing on his own, even if he wants to follow in his brother's footsteps. The Doc might finally have to get serious about finding a wife to help him raise the kid--he'll quickly learn that no amount of gadgetry can substitute for human interaction with a child. (Adoption is out of the question.)

The Mask of Justice's parents are still alive, if older; they can absorb the kid into their extended family (lots of cousins) one way or another. The child's ability to see with his eyes covered is going to be a bit tricky, but not as dangerous as some other powers. There's going to have to be some strict ground rules to keep the youngster out of trouble.

Calculus is already the father of one small boy--explaining the new kid to his wife will be a bit of a problem, but that goes with having a secret identity. Raising a supergenius toddler will be interesting, to say the least...there just isn't much of a peer group for him to relate to.

For Rock Bottom, this is downright traumatic. He's just starting college himself, has no current romantic prospects (and gay marriage is still illegal in Maryland), there's no way he can take care of a small child. On the other hand, he's still deeply wounded from his father's rejection of him for being gay (and later, a "freak"), and there's no hiding that the child is a living statue--it's going to take very special foster parents for Rock to even consider letting them raise his brother.

Kira Midori was raised in a relatively utopian society where it was normal (but not universal) for children to have telepathy, telekinesis and/or precognition. Her little sister here is not so lucky. There's no way she's going to allow this kid to be raised by strangers. Kira will finally have to accept one of her suitors and settle down to raise a family.

Talion will mostly be perplexed by a) why would VIPER bother? and B) how they duplicated the powers, given that they aren't in Talion's DNA. He's just fine with putting the kid into the adoption system; the further the child is away from him, the better for the little fellow. (Disciplining a child for whom "this hurts me more than it does you" is literal might be tricky.)

Kodiak: Has another son. Feel pity for any of the VIPER scientists responsible and the Nest Leader if either he or his sister catch up with them. Making sure VIPER has no more of his genetic material, and eliminating the project notes, is a personal priority.

Speedzone: "Another clone?!? Did I desecrate a shrine or something?" Well, his future daughter is supposed to have a brother...

Focus: He's 15! Guess he'll have a little brother to go with the little sister on the way...

Facet: He's living crystal now. I'm honestly not sure how he'll deal with the kid...

Lynchpin: She's a teenager just starting college. Since her powers are at least partially magical in nature, I'm not sure they'd copy. I wonder if Dad is up to raising her 'again'...

This... is just about Vigil's worst nightmare.

Vigil was accidentally fathered by a man who was being expiremented on to try and give him powers (not any kids he might have someday) by a similar organization. Once said organization found out about that he had fathered a child, and that child actually had the powers they were looking for, they moved in. Reunited him with his long-missing father, wiped out the rest of his family, made him think the FBI was behind it, and turned him into a villian for a good chunk of his life.

So... yeah. This would trip Vigil right the f**k out. :nonp:

Aquatic-Assuming his biological mother stays sane and alive in a current adventure, this might be where he asks if she and his bio dad want to a chance to raise this boy like they now wish they could have raised him.

Gaze -Would be very troubled. Is the boy going to have his mind control powers at an earlier age? Without an adult's life lessons, that could be very ugly. The power is tempting enough. Jazz might talk them into raising the lad, but Jack would be very torn on whether he should try to craft mental blocks on the boy until he is older, or if that would be a form of abuse.

Dr. Photonic -Alanso would be fascinated. He's not a biologist, but rather an astrophysicist, but having recently met someone on a team that is versed, he'd want to know all about the lad. The poor boy might at first feel more like a scientific study than a child as he grew up. Hilarity or tragedy might ensue depending on the Doctor's ability to curb that.

Captain Boing

"I know exactly what it is."

Pushing past his teammates with uncharacteristic brusqueness, he spends a bare moment examining the case before punching the red button that causes the clear dome to rise. Meanwhile, his often dubiously Human appearance changed in ways they had never seen....his skin darkening, roughening, and turning green like the mysterious inert sphere they had discovered. Then he extended an arm - more a rubbery tentacle now - towards the object, gently touching it with a feathery tip.

As the object suddenly moved, sprouting thornlike projections and then wrapping itself around his offered appendage, he emitted a high pitched scream. Then boundeded away, shielding the thing with his body when his friends moved to tear it away. "No! That's how it's supposed to happen...."

Wedged into a corner between two walls and a ceiling, a dozen tentacles instantly forming to hold him braced in place, he gazed at them with eyes on stalks and no expression they could read now, cradling his find against his body. "You've never seen my true form before. You've certainly never seen...an infant of my species. I don't know how these villains could have gotten one, but they have no idea how to care for it...."

"I think I know where it came from" said Nereid grimly. "Think. How many of your species are on this planet?"

The flesh of the creature they knew as Captain Boing rippled in reaction. "Mine? Then I really will have no choice. It's time to go home...."

Lucius Alexander

The irreverent palindromedary says, "E.T. clone? Home!"

Cheeta: "Without my serum he won't have super powers, but he has the potential of being an Olympic level athlete. If I tried to raise him I'd spend half my time driving him crazy by trying to make him just like me, the other half driving him crazy by making sure he didn't make the same mistakes I did. Time for adoption."

You and/or your team raids a VIPER (or equivalent in your world). After fighting your way through the base' date=' you come across a hidden medical lab and find a 1 year old child in bed with monitoring equipment attached to the child. The child is obviously upset due the sounds of the fighting. You finally have the chance to go through the medical logs and discover the child is a clone of your character. Apparently VIPER had gone out after some of your public battles and collected blood, hair, and tissues samples you had left behind during these battles and used them to clone you. The child's DNA is a perfect match your DNA, even down any changes that occurred when your character acquired his/her powers. VIPER had planned to raise the child to be a weapon. Now, what do you do with the child?[/quote']

Iron Maiden and Hell's Angel (being the same person with different power sets in different games/universes: They grew around criminals, in an abusive, poverty-stricken environment. They both have CvBoRK (Code vs Bearing or Raising Kids); see that the kid is adopted by loving parents who will care for her--and who know what to expect in the way of powers.

Djinn: An infant with a 120 point Cosmic VPP? Yikes! Time for a Transform attack on the kid to squelch the powers until he/she reaches maturity before we experience any "wishing them to the cornfield" moments! Then, adoption by loving parents.

Starguard: None of her power has a genetic component, so her young clone will just be an ordinary, very sweet-natured girl. Given her age (17), she'd probably take her kid back home to be raised by her parents, and spend as much time there as she could when not superheroing.

Kaian: This is perhaps the single worst thing that could possibly happen to him. His clone, not being cursed like him, will be mortal... but will also have mystic potential exceeding that of any Archmage in the past couple of millenia. (Kaian, before being cursed with immortality and loss of power, was one of the highest mage-lords of ancient Atlantis). So, since "put a bullet in the kid's head" is not an option, because even Kaian still has a few things left he won't stoop to, that means having the kid raised. Kaian 2.0 is just too damn mage-talented... when he grows up, he will become the Mystic World's greatest champion or its greatest villain, and he has to ensure the right outcome.

It's just, Kaian remembers what an evil little shit he grew up to be the first time... which means he has to do something he swore he'd never ever do, which is actually tell another living being about the truth of his past. After all, whether or not Kaian chooses to raise the kid himself or not, he's still going to at minimum need help to do it, and not telling the other caregiver(s) about the true stakes and consequences of what they're up to is just setting things up to fail.

Of course, this presupposes that the kid actually is his clone, something he will make damn sure to have tested both genetically and mystically. After all, the curse on him (which is so powerfully bound he hasn't even found gods that can break it) is supposed to ensure he never has progeny, either with or without scientific assistance.

Vitus would be quite unhappy about this. Not angry, not murderous, unhappy. Even with the tragedy that ensued the last time he adopted somebody, he's self-aware enough to know that he is temperamentally unsuited to be anybody's caregiver.

But who could raise the poor cub? It's true he has a minor natural aptitude for magic, but he's still a gnoll, and Vitus would be uncertain about leaving kin in the hands of humans to raise. A very unhappy situation :(

Anthem would end up consulting a few people but ultimately she'd contact hacker Audra Blue and make up some fake papers showing that she's the mother and then she'd offer it up for adoption. Once she found a family she approved of she'd turn over the child. But she'd keep an eye on it. And when it got old enough she'd tell it the truth about her heritage, which is more than she herself ever got.

Unlce Slam would toss it on the heap with the other clones. Well, okay, that's an exaggeration. But he would make certain the child was raised right and when the time was right he'd turn over the mantle of his position to the younger Uncle Slam (Nephew slam?), in a way pleased that he had a proper successor.

Audra Blue would be repulsed by the idea. Since she doesn't leave the base they would have gotten the materials by other means, which means that the lab that gave her the cybernetics is still in operation, which means that her mortal enemy is out there. After she spent a few days in a downward spiral, she'd make certain the kid was sent someplace far away where she coudn't come in contact with the weirdness that has been Audra's life. Perhaps the kid can grow up normally.