WWE Snark-Free Zone

Psybolt

Re: WWE Snark-Free Zone

Tough Enough is what NXT should have been. It's amazing that with two concepts that are similar, one show can be so great and the other can be so disappointing. Of course, a lot of the credit has to go to Stone Cold Steve Austin. He is just awesome as the Tough Enough host.

Steve Austin really makes Tough Enough work. They did another show like it before and it did not have the same appeal to me. I mainly watch the show just to get to the final 10 minutes when he has the bottom 3 in the ring. I love hearing him chew out the 3 "bottom feeders". He is just damn entertaining.

The Coaches on Tough enough take it seriously. I liked the first two seasons back when they first gave it a shot .....then they deviated from the format that worked, and it fell apart. Nice to see they kept the real format this time, and are limiting the "winner" to one, though I can see a few of the remaining kids at least getting farm league gigs.

Can't say I actually saw any episode of NXT I've had as much fun with as tipping back a beer and waiting for Stone Cold to drop the hammer on a contestant. One things for sure, you never ask for "Permisssion to Speak Sir?" when you are getting chewed out by Stone Cold for being a wussbag.

~Rex....

I have to say... I really respect Zack Ryder. Instead of sitting back and complaining about his lack of a push, he goes out and tries to show himself to the world. To try to show the talents that he does possess. He is extremely funny in these videos... (a personal favorite is his dad being a big time John Morrison fan ... a MOFO as his dad put it. ) And John Cena and the Miz are fans. The way the Miz lights up when talking about Zack Ryder is amazing.

I have to believe that the WWE would be foolish to not use this young man.

Since this is the thread for positive comments about wrestling, I thought I'd drop in and say how much I enjoyed Albert Del Rio's retirement party for Edge. It reminded me of when Eddie Guerrero was feuding with Kurt Angle and was auctioning off Angle's stuff, displaying it all in the ring. Del Rio doesn't have Eddie's charisma--who does?--but it was still pretty funny. Especially when Del Rio's personal ring announcer rode down to the ring on a scooter with the oxygen tube in his nose. I laughed my @$$ off at that. Too bad Edge and Christian had to spoil the party. :P

Del Rio is an Awesome Heel. Give him a bit more seasoning and he may get close to the sheer Charisma Eddie had, and keep in mind, Eddie didn't get that Charisma till towards the end of his career. I'd be down for a Ryder/Bourne feud. I think that would help un-vanilla Bourne a bit as well. There's some talent in the benches at the WWE, but their all wrestling black right now because you need to be able to maintain a certain momentum for an extended duration, and the timing has to be perfect if you are going to get air time.

Less then perfect timing is why Alex Riley looks so abysmal every time he's in the ring even though his technique, is actually better then most.

~Rex

Have to agree on the possibilities of a Bourne/Ryder feud. That could be great! Over in TNA, am I the only one getting sick of Mr. Anderson bitching about a rematch? I don't know, it just feels like every week TNA disappoints me a bit more. Ever since Hogan arrived. It's like the only thing they've done right since then was putting the belt back on Sting. At least it's not on a former WWE mid-carder. But how long has it been since it was held by Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, or anyone else who was never in WWE or WCW? I mean, I consider it a huge slap in the face to Matt Morgan that Ken Anderson became TNA champion before he did. Ans what does it say about their faith in their own product? "We realize we're inferior to WWE. That's why anybody who comes over from there becomes an automatic titel contender, over the guys who havew been main-eventing for us for years." I mean, it's one thing to do it with a guy like Kurt Angle, but Ken Anderson? Come on! Sorry, rant mode off. Almost..one last thing. The sad truth is that TNA is not a better product than WWE. But it used to be. And that's what really gets me. They have taken a superior product and diluted it, all for the sake of appeasing Hogan. OK, rant over.

I actually LIKE Anderson though. I can't blame him for Russo and Bischoff's idiocy. Nor Hogan either. TNA's biggest single problem they have always had is that litterally (and Hogan has said it), you make your own deals and your own way in the card. Hence, they can only really push the folks, willing to work. Anderson was willing to put in more time then Morgan hence, he got the push. Anderson also sells tickets, merchandise and ratings as well and is still one of the few people in the industry as a whole that you can give a Mic to and something can happen.

Can TNA move forward more? I think so, but they would have to push guys like Styles and Samoa Joe to the front a bit more, get better heels then the Pope, and not drop a belt every pay per view, return to actual X Division stuff for the X Division and highlight the Knockouts like they used to, and their Tag Teams (Since that's what made them Different then the other option). I think awhile back we were discussing what to do about belts and divisions and such, so I think I'll rehash that in another thread since I get lost bouncing back and forth between WWE/WWE Snark Free, heh..... One thread to rule them all so to speak....

But yeah, getting tired of Anderson yappinng about his rematch, because they could be doing something more with it. Stuck in a rut.

~Rex

It's not that I don't like Anderson, I actually do. I just get tired of seeing the same thing every week. That, and I just felt it was an insult to the TNA originals to put the strap on him so soon after he arrived. As for your suggestions to turn TNA around, what you're advocating is pretty much returning to what they did before Hogan arrived.

Agreed, but the thing is a lot f those TNA originals don't want to work the type of schedule that you Need in order to maintain a successful TV presence. Hence a lot of the TNA hate you see in areas about guys getting paid this much and they work 5 days, while so and so works 350 a year and has to hold down a day job selling slurpies.

Folks can say what they want about Hogan, but much like Flair, the guy sells tickets just by walking into a room. I miss the 6 sided ring in TNA, but that thing made production for a TV show a nightmare, and hideously expensive. X-Divison was awesome, but that kind of wrestling either devolves to just Ninja Flippy Flash, or Burns out the Wrestler if he's capable of both the FLipping around ninja stuff AND real wrestling. Hence, hard to keep that rolling as is as well. Knockouts are the same way kinda. Women break easier then men. The Bumps add up faster.

That all being said though......some things should be brought back for TNA in order for TNA to continue to roll forward rather then limp along. Otherwise, all it really is, is WCW lite.

~Rex....blame Russo not Hogan....in the end it's always about the writing and the booking.

Congratulations to Christian!!!! New World Heavyweigth Champion after an excellent ladder match with Alberto Del Rio last night at Extreme Rules. It was booked just about perfectly, and had one of the real feel good moments at the end. I was legitimately marking out when he grabbed the title. I actually thought ADR had won the title a couple of times and when Brodius Clay came out, I thought that was it for sure. But Christian overcame, and the real emotion on his face and on the face of Edge. Those tears were real.

Congrats Christian!

And happy birthday Rock!

ADR is awesome. Rapidly becoming one of my favorite wrestlers. Here's a good read for folks if they are interested.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/editorials/article/a-british-point-of-view-communication-and-support-129237

~Rex.....now has to dig up the other wrestling thread to toss the link there as well just in case, heh.

I know this is the snark free zone, but I've got to express my anger...

Christian lost the World title to Randy Orton at the Smackdown tapings tonight. Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

*Chases the silly wrestling threads around* Heh, that's not snark that's just Fan stuff. It's a TV drop, I expect it to go back and forth a few times. Fairly typical when you are shuffling the talent around and you want to see who the crowd goes over more for, and how and when they do so.

~Rex

To not even let him have a full run until the next PPV though?! Or even just one week with a successful title defense? I could maybe make the argument for that if ADR had won at Extreme Rules and then there's the equillibrium that then Raw & SD each had a "main" title again (mind you, I'd see that as cutting ADR at the knees too), but this just seems...petty, especially when it's a face versus (supposed) face.

Yeah but you gotta factor in the Edge retirement and the hiccup that put into a lot of long term plans. Not to mention ADR's move over to Raw to bolster the lack of Heels worth a hill of beans on that show, which of course leaves Smackdown, pretty much Heel-less. Unless Orton goes back to being a Heel as opposed to a "cool heel" aka Stone Cold Lite.....

Still though, it's a TV drop, hence, it could change hands 25 more times before the next Pay Per View. If they had left it in Christians hands (As much as Cage is one of my favorite wrestlers right now and still the hardest working guy in the business), it would have been to much "Ah Edge retired give it to Christian." This way they get to stir the waters a bit and see which way the Fan's blow.

~Rex

Well, I'm blowing right off of Smackdown for the time being.

I purchased the PPV online to watch... and I have sent an e-mail to tell them that I won't be doing that again.

I am really peeved off about this switch. I wouldn't be this unhappy if he had dropped it at the PPV in three weeks.

That may or may not get there attention, if it's a mass of fans that do so. That's what it is about in the end anyway, which of the two stars is going to have the bigger mass of fans to keep the billion dollar industry rolling along.

I expect to see it go back and forth......though it wouldn't suprise me that if Christian proves to be more popular, that he legitly gets the belt at a Pay Per View, so that there is no "Meh, it's an Edge drop" *shrug*....

Hence why unless it's like an ECW TV title set up, I don't pay any attention to TV show belt drops, nor, do I actually even worry about the Intercontinental or US titles anymore since they don't mean Number One Contender For *insert belt here*, they're just Jobber Belts....

Kinda like the X-Division belt over in TNA now, heh.

~Rex

Well, I watched Smackdown last night anyway. I felt the title change was a slap in the face to Christian. The only way to justify it is to have Orton do a Heel-Turn. And while we're on the subject, when/how did Orton ever become a Face in the first place? That was in my head a lot during his feud with C.M. Punk. People are now cheering him for doing exactly the same things they were booing him for before. I mean, a Turn usually involves a change in personality and in-ring tactics. I mean, just look at the difference between Punk's Heel and Face personas. But with Orton, there's no difference. To me, Orton only works as a Heel, and I love watching him as such. But as a Face, I can hardly stand him. But that's just my opinion.