WWE Snark-Free Zone

Psybolt

Re: WWE Snark-Free Zone

Watched Smackdown tonight, and the way it ended reminded me of why I can't get used to Orton as a face. Christina vs. Shaemus; Christian wins by ramming Sheamus' head into the ring post and then pinning him. Orton comes in the ring, Christian bails. Then, Orton sets up and punts Sheamus in the skull, for no reason. The crowd goes wild cheering. It wasn't that long ago that the crowd would have booed Orton out of the building for that, and it would have begun a face-Turn for Sheamus.

I agree that Orton works better as a heel because of stuff just like that.

I thought the Christian ramming Sheamus into the steel ringpost spot was very creative. I have never seen it done quite like that before.

Orton sounds like he is fine so the match is on. I am so pulling for Christian.

In fact, I find myself consistently pulling for the heels. I will be cheering for R-Truth (though he has no chance), Wade Barrett, ADR, my straight-edge savior CM Punk and Christian. None of the faces in the WWE right now inspire me... outside of Daniel Bryan and some of the others that are not pushed.

Being so depended on Cena & Orton, the WWE will be screwed if one or both of those two get injured and need time off. They really need to build up more credible faces right now. Rey's also injury prone too, so he's not the best stop-gap right now.

Being so depended on Cena & Orton' date=' the WWE will be screwed if one or both of those two get injured and need time off. They really need to build up more credible faces right now. Rey's also injury prone too, so he's not the best stop-gap right now.[/quote']

Really they've been needing to build up more credible faces for awhile now. However WWE policy seems to be that if they don't become super over within weeks of their debut, they're not worth pushing.

I read an article saying that the only way that a face gets over in the WWE is by starting as a heel. It was an interesting opinion, and one that I think is pretty accurate.

http://www.thejohnreport.net/2011/06/20/about-face-the-farce-of-getting-over-as-a-babyface-by-matty-j-douglas/#more-3005

The Rock is even more of the point. He was brought in to be a face as a 3rd generation wrestler and the fans hated him and booed him. So then he came out and said if that was the way they wanted it, to hell with them and started a lot of his sticks. The fans then came to love him.

Power to the People Raw

I am now calling BS.

They said the WWE Universe could choose Evan Bourne's opponent and the choices were Sin Cara, Jack Swagger or Mason Ryan.

And Mason Ryan won.

BS

So much for the Power of the People

Power to the People Raw

I am now calling BS.

They said the WWE Universe could choose Evan Bourne's opponent and the choices were Sin Cara, Jack Swagger or Mason Ryan.

And Mason Ryan won.

BS

So much for the Power of the People

Mason Ryan won by the exact same margin that Kelly Kelly won in the previous match. It might've been the same margin Arm Wrestling won in the Kane/Mark Henry match.

Now I'm not saying it's rigged but....*checks notes*....oh wait, I'm saying it's rigged. Completely.

So the WWE said that some of the voting was inaccurate on the Power to the People show:

Text Voting Inaccurate in Raw's Power to the People

WWE would like to apologize for technical difficulties that occurred during the “Power to the People” edition of Raw on Monday night.

The interactive event aimed to give the WWE Universe the ability to choose what they wanted to see on their television screens. Unfortunately, uncontrollable difficulties created by an influx of heavy voting traffic resulted in not every one of the more-than 697,000 recorded votes to be properly counted.

During Monday’s Raw broadcast, WWE fans were given the option to text A, B or C to 46993 (GOWWE) in order to decide what they wanted to happen on the show. Things went perfectly at first when text votes selected Kelly Kelly (option B) to take on Brie Bella for the Divas Championship. However, our vote tabulating provider’s system became overwhelmed, causing these votes to definitively affect the following contest, in which Mason Ryan (also option B) was voted into a match against Evan Bourne — even though, as it was later discovered, Sin Cara had received 90 percent of the total votes in WWE.com's Live Chat poll, and should have been Bourne's opponent.

Votes for the third poll’s bout — Kane vs. Mark Henry in an Arm Wrestling Contest — were counted correctly. However, problems began to occur again during the next poll determining a match stipulation between United States Champion Dolph Ziggler and Kofi Kingston. At this point, so many text votes were received that the system overloaded, crashed and had to be restarted.

With little information to work from, WWE management selected to follow the system’s earliest projections, which determined that the 2-out-of-3 Falls Match had been the people’s choice. It was not until later that it was discovered that “Vickie Guerrero Banned from Ringside” was actually the top vote getter.

Restarting the tabulating system allowed for things to run smoothly with the voting for the Triple Threat Match to determine a No. 1 contender for the WWE Championship going off without a hitch.

Regrettably, technical difficulties occurred once more leading up to the night’s Six-Man Tag Team Match main event, when it became apparent to WWE management that text votes were again not being tabulated properly. At this time, a decision was made to turn to WWE.com’s Live Chat Poll for the official judgment. With the power still in the hands of the people, the WWE Universe selected the Elimination Match (option C) by an overwhelming 87 percent, leading to this stipulation being enacted.

Apparently, to make it up, the WWE has scheduled Evan Bourne vs. Sin Cara for RAW next week. I hope that match gets some time because that could be a real exciting match.

That was definitely the case for Stone Cold and The Rock.

JG

Without even reading the article, here's a bunch of faces that first got over as heels:

Batista and Randy Orton both first got over as part of the Evolution heel stable.

Chris Jericho was first promoted as a cocky heel in the WWE.

Edge & Christian began as members of the Brood, then they were their own heel team, both before becoming solid face.

The Hart Foundation were heels before they were faces.

Hulk Hogan was a heel before he faced the Iron Sheik.

John Cena first got over as a white rapper heel.

Macho Man first got over with his heel Intercontinental Championship reign.

Mick Foley first made waves in the US with his "anti-hardcore" Cactus Jack gimmick in ECW, and he started out in the WWF as a heel in the Mankind gimmick.

Shawn Michaels didn't take off until he went heel from Marty Janetty and split up the rockers.

The Undertaker was a heel at first. Kane too, while we're at it.

Damn, I think he's onto something there. Time to read that article.

Holy Crap! CM Punk just gave the most epic promo I have heard in ages. It was just brilliant... un-freakin-believable.

Amazing.

Heck yeah! I was going to comment on it too. I was going to go into all the parts I loved but I don't want to ruin it for anyone who didn't catch it. What I will say is that I wasn't a CM Punk fan before but I am now.

On the one hand, it's probably a work and thus far an awesome one. On the other hand, I have a hard time beliving that Vince would be ok with Punk basically saying WWE would be better off with Vince dead, then going off on his beloved daughter.