WWE Snark-Free Zone

Psybolt

Re: WWE Snark-Free Zone

Amazing work from CM Punk. I sure hope that he is not actually leaving the WWE for good. Take some time off and then come back for more like this.

I'm actually surprised he was allowed to do this in the first place. It actually, dare I say it, gives me hope for WWE writing staff.

I'm actually surprised he was allowed to do this in the first place. It actually' date=' dare I say it, gives me hope for WWE writing staff.[/quote']

This is not the first time Vince allowed someone to "shoot" on him. Paul Heyman did it.

Punk delivered it with so much passion. You could tell that he believed every word and if he didn't, he is the best actor in the group.

This is not the first time Vince allowed someone to "shoot" on him. Paul Heyman did it.

Punk delivered it with so much passion. You could tell that he believed every word and if he didn't, he is the best actor in the group.

I don't recall Heyman suggesting that WWE would be better off were Vince deceased. Punk, at the very least, strongly implied that.

Also, don't discuss why this angle has an air of plausibility that TNA "shoots" lack. The really dim WWE fans will accuse you of saying this was 100% a shoot, when you said nothing of the sort.

The really dim ones will do so in super sized font.

I actually caught this last night.

First, it was pretty awesome. Took me a few minutes to get the tack that he was taking. It seems to me that everything he said is something regurgitated from the internet. Especially the stuff about Vince, Steph & HHH.

Next, definitely not a "shoot", but it doesn't matter because all it needs to be is good enough for people to ask themselves for a second, "Was that real?"

While the show is live it's on a slight tape delay, so they can dub out swear words and such. If he said anything they didn't want him to say they'd have cut it much earlier. I would however say that chances are they didn't hand him a script, they probably said, "Go out there and be the voice of the internet fan and rip on the company the way they do".

They'd just "ice" a true short timer; he'd sit home, unless he was a true loyalist like Jericho who would go out there and do an angle where he gets kicked out of the company. So I guess what I like best about this is that it's completely unpredictable.

At first I thought the choice of a Stone Cold shirt was telling. It sounded like he was going to try to build a Punk v. McMahon(s) angle.

Dropping Heyman's name was interesting. Long time since we hear Lesnar's name on a program (He's recovering from surgery so I doubt he'd show unless it was just to show his face).

I'm just happy to see the WWE trying something! :D

They've got the spoilers up for RAW 7/4. Looks like it's getting pre-taped.

At the start of the show they had a graphic announcing that Rey Mysterio, Alberto Del Rio, and R Truth will be in a Number One Contender Match for the WWE Title at Money In the Bank. They also announced Alex Riley versus Miz.

John Cena comes out for a promo and he mentions that CM Punk has been stripped of his right to challenge John Cena for the WWE Championship in Chicago. He mentions that is why they are going to do the Triple Threat Match to determine a new number one contender. He also says that they are going to treat things as if CM Punk never existed in WWE.

Cena says that he is not happy with the decision and he believes that Punk was saying what he believes in, but he does not agree with Punk. He does agree with Punk’s right to say what he did. Cena says that he wants answers from Vince McMahon and he wants those answers tonight.

John Cena says that he wants to face CM Punk at Money in the Bank

Match Number One: Kelly Kelly and Eve Torres defeat the Bellas when Kelly pinned one of the Bellas.

R Truth is interviewed in the back by Scott Stanford and Truth says that he already beat John Cena so he shouldn’t have to win a Triple Threat Match tonight to face Cena at Money in the Bank. Truth talks about how there is a conspiracy.

Truth bumps into Alberto Del Rio and Del Rio tells Truth that it is his destiny.

Match Number Two: WWE Tag Team Champions Michael McGillicutty and David Otunga defeated Vladimir Kozlov and Santino Marella when McGillicutty pinned Santino after a neck breaker.

After the match, while everyone was still in the ring, Zack Ryder came out onto the stage and said ‘Woo woo woo you know it’ and left.

Miz was interviewed by Scott Stanford in the back and Miz says that he should be in the number one contender’s match tonight. Miz says that he isn’t in that match because of Alex Riley. Miz says that he brought Riley on Raw and he is going to take him out tonight.

Match Number Three: Jack Swagger over Sergeant Slaughter with the Swagger Bomb. After the match, Swagger puts Slaughter in the ankle lock until Evan Bourne comes to the ring to make the save.

Slaughter leads the crowd in the Pledge of Allegiance.

Match Number Four: Alberto Del Rio defeats Rey Mysterio and R Truth with a cross arm breaker on Mysterio to become the new number one contender for the WWE Championship.

Dolph and Vickie came out for a promo with a United States themed cake in the ring. Vickie asked the fans to stand and sing happy birthday to Dolph. She sang to massive heat from the fans. Dolph said that these people have no idea how great it is to witness him in his prime. Dolph said the United States Title is the only title that matters and that he is all you need to make Raw perfection.

Kofi Kingston came out to the ring and said it's messed up for Dolph to have a party and not invite him. Kofi said Dolph can't beat him without Vickie in his corner. Kofi backed Vickie into the cake, then she ended up with her face and arm in it also when Kofi kicked Dolph into her.

Match Number Five: Alex Riley beats Miz with a backslide. After the match, Miz destroyed Riley, breaking the barricade and then he dropped the ring steps on Riley.

John Cena's music played but he didn't come out. It stopped and out came Mr. McMahon to a decent reaction. He said that the C.M. Punk suspension has gotten out of hand and the camera man fixed his tie. He said Punk deserved to be suspended for what he said. He said this was about what was right for the fans. McMahon said he really suspended Punk because he wanted limo service and wanted to be on DVDs and such and he wasn't worthy. He then said he fired Punk because he deserved it and he is a punk.

Cena came out to a big reaction even in his third appearance tonight. He asked Vince if that was it? He accused Vince of kicking Punk to the curb and Vince said Punk kicked himself to the curb. Cena said Vince believes in free speech and Vince confirmed it. Cena then made fun of Vince's walk and said that Vince took everyone down because he's a fighter. He wondered why Vince wasn't a fighter now and said he wants to fight Punk. He said if Vince doesn't feel like fighting, he should hang it up.

Vince said he really suspended Punk because be doesn't want to take a chance on Cena. He doesn't want to risk Cena losing to Punk and losing the title and taking it to another organization. He said he will not be embarrassed. Vince said he's afraid of Cena not beating Punk. Cena said he wanted this match regardless of Punk's status. Cena said if he was a fan, this sounds like the match of the year to him. He asked if Vince would suspend him for saying something Vince didn't like.

Vince told Cena not to piss him off. He said not to be Hogan or any of the guys before him. Vince said he doesn't believe Cena can beat him. Cena said to take a chance and give the people what they want. Vince said he doesn't give a damn what the people want, it's his company and he does what is right for them.

Cena said he gets it. He then said it's not what he signed up for. He said he busts his ass for Vince and he believes the belt stands for something. He said Vince is worried that the belt is meaningless, but by sending Punk away he made it meaningless. Cena handed the belt to Vince and walked out. Vince stopped him and followed him up the ramp. He stood face to face with Cena on the ramp and said Punk is reinstated and he has the match.

Vince said that if Punk walks out of Chicago with the title, he is firing Cena.

I don't recall Heyman suggesting that WWE would be better off were Vince deceased. Punk, at the very least, strongly implied that.

Also, don't discuss why this angle has an air of plausibility that TNA "shoots" lack. The really dim WWE fans will accuse you of saying this was 100% a shoot, when you said nothing of the sort.

One reason never to go to those other boards :)

This was definitely a "worked shoot." But true shoot or a work doesn't really matter. Just enjoy it either way.

And yes, the line about Vince dying was taken further than anything I had heard before. Even the live crowd gasped when Punk said that. Heyman had said some really sharp things to Vince... unlike Punk, that promo was to Vince's face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vswZ73WETpc

Interesting, Heyman has a Stone Cold hat on... where Punk had a Stone Cold shirt on.

Rewatching this, Heyman does say that Vince's children want him to burn in Hell.

Plus last night we got a great Tornado Tag match with Rey and Alex Riley vs. Miz and Jack Swagger. It was really fun and filled with exciting moments. Plus we got a taste of what a Evan Bourne vs. Sin Cara match could be. I would have liked to see that one get a longer time.

Add to that the CM Punk goodness and a John Cena loss... Punk's got people buzzing.

i don't recall heyman suggesting that wwe would be better off were vince deceased. Punk, at the very least, strongly implied that.

Also, don't discuss why this angle has an air of plausibility that tna "shoots" lack. The really dim wwe fans will accuse you of saying this was 100% a shoot, when you said nothing of the sort.

o rly??? U r all n00bz

It's getting a lot of buzz, and a lot of rumors abound. CM Punk fan so I'd rather not see the guy have to shuffle back to the farm leagues just because WWE is stuck on this thing with keeping peoples names, rolling out the PG carpet, and sitting on good talent.

~Rex

Ever since Punk was injured and doing commentary for Raw, I have slowly grown to really enjoy his work. I was thinking a few weeks ago when he wrestled in a match where Brett hart was the referee how he is becoming the new Jericho. The difference being he does more of the smark stuff in the ring rather than just in awesome promos like Jericho did. In that match he continuously used some of the classic Brett Hart moves all while glaring at the Hit Man. It was some great subtle stuff. From his "what?" skit with Steve Austin to his announcement that he would leave with the belt to his really good matches with Rey Mysterio he has been involved in just about all of the best moments of Raw for the last month or so (well, except the R Truth stuff. His promos really crack me up!).

I hope this goes better than the last "OMG did that really just happen??" moment that ended a Raw. Strange how both kind of involve the same group (Nexus).

Rumor has it that Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman are in negotiations for some kind of business deal with the WWE and the fact that Punk mentioned them wasn't a shoot.

Also, the rumors said that Punk, in his contract discussions, demanded that Colt Cabana be rehired.

Take these with a grain of salt, but I would love to see Heyman doing something with WWE again. The rumor did mention Brock or Paul ,would not be on-screen characters

Well, Heyman did post the transcript of Punk's speech on his site (Heymanhustle.com), though I suspect that's more out of his love for Punk and what was said.

Since those rumors are things I thought of myself without reading anything I'm going to guess it's just conjecture. It's easy to speculate, and on the internet two guys discussing possibilities quickly becomes "Did you know CM Punk bought the rights to the ECW name?" or "Did you hear Punk, Heyman, and Lesnar are starting their own MMA organization?"