STAR HERO Cover Sneak Peek!

Re: STAR HERO Cover Sneak Peek!

Not enough of the personal scale perhaps?

Yeah I think that's a big part of it.....

Now that you mention it, I noticed it too. it put's to much emphasis on the environment, on the action. Not on the players. I will compare it to what I think of some other space scenes in the rulesbooks:

6E1 172: You begin to wonder: How would it be to have a duel near to a sun. What is the story behind it? How do the people on board of each ship feel?

6E1 408: A lone space-ninja(?) trying to break into a ship. But the overall action overshadows it, makes that action look like something unimportant.

6E2 33: My favourite. Some many places my Hero could be. Is he in one of the ships being torn apart? One of the marines walking in the vacuum?

There are others, but I already found what is missing in the cover: People.

Hero is about players and the adventures they have, not about the background (that one is more apropirate for Setting Books). Epic space battles only are intersting when you know what's at stake and can relate to the persons in it (or for the cover, at least glimpse what might be at stake like in 6E2 33).

Re: STAR HERO Cover Sneak Peek!

To me, this image evokes elements of E.E. Smith, Asimov, Babylon 5, old-school Traveller... all in all, I like that space has three dimensions here.

Striking. :)

Yup, agree there. I've never tried Star Hero, but the cover is darn cool.