Reputation system

Dr. MID-Nite

Re: Reputation system

It wouldn't be too hard to graft on a "Reputation based on game events" system. Perhaps, after each scenario, a number of points are added to, or subtracted from, a general "heroic/villainous" reputation. Various actions might ascribe different additions and subtractions, modified by the extent of public knowledge of the events of the scenario. Some number of points accumulated would result in a +1d6 Reputation as a Hero (or subtract same from a Villainous reputation). I lean to 50 points, so individual events can have an impact without shooting the Reputation dice wildly up or down on a day by day basis. The mechanics remain those of the Reputation system, so one might think of these being specific bonus (or penalty) xp for specific in game occurrences and results. And a player could always spend xp enhancing his heroic reputation.

I'm reminded of the old V&V system, where Charisma rose and fell based on in-game events.

If you look at a post you like in the lower left corner is a six pointed star. Click on it and a little window should open allowing you to send the poster an approving comment as you reputize them.

At the upper right of the page you should see a sign that says Settings. If you click on that, it should take you to a page that, among other things, lists all the recent times you have been reputized, with link backs to your posts, and the comments from the people who reputized you.

If you look at the upper right corner of a post, you will see the poster's "rep power." The more you get reputized, the more rep power you have, and the more rep power you have, the more you enhance someone else's rep power when you reputize them. So being reputized by someone like Susano is "worth more" in terms of your "rep score" than being reputized by a couple of guys who just signed up.

When you reputize someone, the system will prevent you from reputizing that same person again until you "spread the rep around" and reputize a few other people. I'm not sure what the exact number is.

You can only give out so much reputation in a 24 hr period before the system cuts you off.

You can never reputize the same post twice, so if you think a post is fantastic and reputize it, you can't then come back a couple of years later when your own rep power is much greater and enhance the post or the poster further by reputizing it again.

Lucius Alexander

Rep an old dim ray

Could you mean Shelley Chrystal Mactyre's "Reputation Points" mechanic for her Regency HERO project?

http://www.mactyre.net/archives/regency/rps.html

Interesting...wasn't the one I was looking for. The reputation table I saw...basically gave you points for doing stuff in game...beating the baddies...charity work..etc...and as you earned them and got past a certain threshold...you got perks..like better PRE attacks...free points just to be used on bases and vehicles..and so forth. I'm kicking myself for not remembering where I got it now. It was from a link I got here, but a while ago..and I haven't been able to find it.

If you look at a post you like in the lower left corner is a six pointed star. Click on it and a little window should open allowing you to send the poster an approving comment as you reputize them.

At the upper right of the page you should see a sign that says Settings. If you click on that, it should take you to a page that, among other things, lists all the recent times you have been reputized, with link backs to your posts, and the comments from the people who reputized you.

If you look at the upper right corner of a post, you will see the poster's "rep power." The more you get reputized, the more rep power you have, and the more rep power you have, the more you enhance someone else's rep power when you reputize them. So being reputized by someone like Susano is "worth more" in terms of your "rep score" than being reputized by a couple of guys who just signed up.

When you reputize someone, the system will prevent you from reputizing that same person again until you "spread the rep around" and reputize a few other people. I'm not sure what the exact number is.

You can only give out so much reputation in a 24 hr period before the system cuts you off.

You can never reputize the same post twice, so if you think a post is fantastic and reputize it, you can't then come back a couple of years later when your own rep power is much greater and enhance the post or the poster further by reputizing it again.

Lucius Alexander

Rep an old dim ray

Not the rep system I was refering to. :)

Interesting...wasn't the one I was looking for. The reputation table I saw...basically gave you points for doing stuff in game...beating the baddies...charity work..etc...and as you earned them and got past a certain threshold...you got perks..like better PRE attacks...free points just to be used on bases and vehicles..and so forth. I'm kicking myself for not remembering where I got it now. It was from a link I got here' date=' but a while ago..and I haven't been able to find it.[/quote']

I have not been through all the files yet so it might not be there BUT you might want to give a look at The Red October BBS archive. You can find it here:

http://www.mactyre.net/october/

Lots of old school, memory jogging goodness to be found....And who knows, maybe the file/table you are seeking is there too.

-Carl-

Interesting...wasn't the one I was looking for. The reputation table I saw...basically gave you points for doing stuff in game...beating the baddies...charity work..etc...and as you earned them and got past a certain threshold...you got perks..like better PRE attacks...free points just to be used on bases and vehicles..and so forth. I'm kicking myself for not remembering where I got it now. It was from a link I got here' date=' but a while ago..and I haven't been able to find it.[/quote']

Sound a little bit like an Expanded Resource System, when you put a Reputations Pool into it. Point can either be bought, or awarded instead of/in addition to XP.