Women of the Champions Universe (Fanpictorial)

Epiphanis

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Women of the Champions Universe (Fanpictorial)

Cryptic Studios apparently decided to represent psionic energy as magenta colored. Which makes a certain amount of sense: magenta is one of the very few colors that doesn't exist in the visual light spectrum and is, in effect, a neurological construct of the brain.

Cryptic Studios apparently decided to represent psionic energy as magenta colored. Which makes a certain amount of sense: magenta is one of the very few colors that doesn't exist in the visual light spectrum and is' date=' in effect, a neurological construct of the brain.[/quote']

I did not know that. Cool...

Great pics, I particularly liked Medusa.

Was I the only one expecting more cheesecake from a fanpictorial named "Women of the Champions Universe"? :D

Admittedly, then we wouldn't get to see it on the Hero Boards...

Nice jorb!

The thread title is to rope in viewers. I've actually composed and abandoned several group beach pics with bikinis. Eventually, I will work one to the point I'm satisfied with it and post it here.

The thread title is to rope in viewers. I've actually composed and abandoned several group beach pics with bikinis. Eventually' date=' I will work one to the point I'm satisfied with it and post it here.[/quote']

That's an odd conincidence. I'm working on a "beach pictorial" of one of our groups: The Gateway Guardians. It's for fun but is also "in game" as the group is doing the pictures for charity. :)

Every few years Marvel puts out a Women of Marvel swimsuit special. Frankly, superheroine swimsuit pinup art is what floated most of the comics industry through most of the 90s. As much as I like that sort of thing, the resurgence of actual writing in the 2000s was a welcome relief.

Every few years Marvel puts out a Women of Marvel swimsuit special. Frankly' date=' superheroine swimsuit pinup art is what floated most of the comics industry through most of the 90s. As much as I like that sort of thing, the resurgence of actual writing in the 2000s was a welcome relief.[/quote']

Cheesecake images are fine and all, but without story and personality, it is simply useless. Like a comic full of bondage covers and headlight artwork without a shread of story, why bother. There is nothing there to make you want to see Miss Super excape and defeat the bad guys without story and personality.

Nuff said.

Cheesecake images are fine and all, but without story and personality, it is simply useless. Like a comic full of bondage covers and headlight artwork without a shread of story, why bother. There is nothing there to make you want to see Miss Super excape and defeat the bad guys without story and personality.

Nuff said.

I agree in both points.

Well, if you're buying some thing called "The Marvel Swimsuit Special" for the story you may be going into it with misplaced expectations. I freely admit I like good pictures of attractive figures, photographic or drawn and if the art work is good I'll buy an art book or pictorial devoted to such material.

For instance, the pictorial I'm doing for out game is for fun and to create some nice images. Working it into the campaign as a plot point was just a lark and possible hooks later. I don't think there's anything wrong about pictures for pictures sake, cheesecake or otherwise.

Well, if you're buying some thing called "The Marvel Swimsuit Special" for the story you may be going into it with misplaced expectations. I freely admit I like good pictures of attractive figures, photographic or drawn and if the art work is good I'll buy an art book or pictorial devoted to such material.

For instance, the pictorial I'm doing for out game is for fun and to create some nice images. Working it into the campaign as a plot point was just a lark and possible hooks later. I don't think there's anything wrong about pictures for pictures sake, cheesecake or otherwise.

my 150GB of artwork agrees with this statement.

Don't get me wrong...chesecake, headlights, and bondage is good, in small amounts. And I am not saying that such stuff ruined comics in the 90's. Event comics, multi-cover overexposers, charater overexposion, and bad girl artwork also helped.

And I am not a prude. I run a small Yahoo bondage group myself (Oldfashion Damsels in Distress BETA).

I should just shut up now.

Don't get me wrong...chesecake, headlights, and bondage is good, in small amounts. And I am not saying that such stuff ruined comics in the 90's. Event comics, multi-cover overexposers, charater overexposion, and bad girl artwork also helped.

And I am not a prude. I run a small Yahoo bondage group myself (Oldfashion Damsels in Distress BETA).

I should just shut up now.

Plus "heroes" who gleefully adopted the bad guys methods to show how "badass" they were, bad guys who made the Joker look like a beginner to show how "badass" they were and oodles of gratuitous violence, swearing and blooshed so the creators could say "Hey! Look at us! We're doing adult, realistic storylines now!"

Except they weren't.

Plus "heroes" who gleefully adopted the bad guys methods to show how "badass" they were' date=' bad guys who made the Joker look like a beginner to show how "badass" [i']they[/i] were and oodles of gratuitous violence, swearing and blooshed so the creators could say "Hey! Look at us! We're doing adult, realistic storylines now!"

I simply group that as "Soap" style. Unrealsitically overdrawn storyarcs with the intent of triggering simple emotions in the audience.

It's so prevalent in TV today (news, "reality shows"), I literally stopped watching TV because of it.