The "Essay"(ESSE/UEH) Project(Warning: mature/controversial content contained herein)

megaplayboy

Re: The "Essay"(ESSE/UEH) Project(Warning: mature/controversial content contained her

It sounds like the evil Queen could use a handsome (evil bishonen?) dark knight in her service.

The ranger could have an attractive childhood friend like a female paladin who has a vow of chastity. Or there could be an order of nuns with young novitiate nuns and an elderly nun in charge he runs across away from civilization.

He does have a lecherous boss of sorts, an Alchemist in the city who wants him to gather the herbal components for several love potions, in exchange for a promise to tutor him in the fine arts of alchemy. I'll have to mull over how much to extend the backstory to include other characters, but those are all good suggestions.

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The "Essay"(ESSE/UEH) Project(Warning: mature/controversial content contained her

oookay, looks like it's going to be Superheroic Fantasy after all, since the ranger clocked in at 400 points. Goran Elf-blooded is 1/8 elvish and learned archery from his half-elf grandmother. He has a bit of chip on his shoulder when people typecast elves as "the best archers, bar none". Goran began gathering herbs in his early teens, and was given the love charm as "payment" by a mischievous faerie(who didn't mention it couldn't be turned off or removed). He has since become something of a loner, trying his best to avoid groups of women(who(the low-pointed NPC ones anyway)) turn into cooing, bickering, gropey groupies within minutes. Anyone with a few points of mental defense will be more resistant, but unless they have 12 points' worth, they will eventually tend to fall in love/lust with him(though it could take days in some instances). It does not, however, mean he has any real control over them. They will continue to behave according to their personalities and whims, and are likely to become jealous of other women who gain his attention or affection. He would love to figure out how to at least gain some control over the love charm(if not get rid of it entirely).

I keep thinking that Goran's love charm should have some additional limitations: a mandatory level of effect before it kicks in (Ego+20?), maybe slow it down to only working once per turn, and it could have the -1 version of NCC. The NCC means it doesn't affect every woman, just the ones that would be fun for the GM to add to his harem, limiting its usefulness if he ever tried to depend on it to help him out with some angry woman.

His unluck might be better as 2d6 romantic unluck. It would be additional motivation to stay away from troublesome women and would explain how he got the charm.

The Baroness could be a tsundere sort, maybe with belligerent sexual tension with poor Goran. Or maybe Lyra is meant for that role. I keep thinking that one of the girls needs to be slapping or hitting him for perceived misdeeds.

Huron the Handsome could have romantic luck and some limited talents that get the girls liking him. He wouldn't need a high Charm skill then, maybe a 10-.

I keep thinking that Goran's love charm should have some additional limitations: a mandatory level of effect before it kicks in (Ego+20?), maybe slow it down to only working once per turn, and it could have the -1 version of NCC. The NCC means it doesn't affect every woman, just the ones that would be fun for the GM to add to his harem, limiting its usefulness if he ever tried to depend on it to help him out with some angry woman.

His unluck might be better as 2d6 romantic unluck. It would be additional motivation to stay away from troublesome women and would explain how he got the charm.

The Baroness could be a tsundere sort, maybe with belligerent sexual tension with poor Goran. Or maybe Lyra is meant for that role. I keep thinking that one of the girls needs to be slapping or hitting him for perceived misdeeds.

Huron the Handsome could have romantic luck and some limited talents that get the girls liking him. He wouldn't need a high Charm skill then, maybe a 10-.

Well, out of combat, you could consider people to be SPD 1, and my assumption is that it keeps going until it maxes out, at which point women are swooning. The Limited Control option's a good idea, too.

And a harem hero can never have too many women smacking him in the back of the head. It would make sense, from a comedy/irony standpoint, for the high kobold to be the only one with a decent (unmodified) Charm roll. Huron probably has +4 SA, plus some form of Babe Magnet, Really Well-Endowed, and Romantic Luck. He's a melee combat master and knows a lot about strategy and tactics. His psych lims should tend to cut against his romantic talents(he's goofy and more than a little perverted).

Harem Hero would actually be a fun name for the mini-campaign's genre. :)

Huron could have a small Summon ability in that he always seems able to find an attractive woman no matter where he goes. They could be on a desert island, and there happens to be a tribe of amazons on it or something (which would likely send Goran running for his life).

Harem Hero would actually be a fun name for the mini-campaign's genre. :)

Huron could have a small Summon ability in that he always seems able to find an attractive woman no matter where he goes. They could be on a desert island, and there happens to be a tribe of amazons on it or something (which would likely send Goran running for his life).

Especially considering the "peculiar characteristic" of the race of amazons in this setting.

Of course there's the subject noone has mentioned...

Naked Advantages!

:D

I think it's under my Variable Babe Pool.

Along with Swinging.....oops, wrong kind of swinging...

Lucius Alexander

Naked came the palindromedary

Especially considering the "peculiar characteristic" of the race of amazons in this setting.

I know I shouldn't ask (and I suspect I know the answer already), but what is their "peculiar" characteristic?

Princess Felicity

10 STR 0

15 DEX 10

13 CON 3

18 INT 8

15 EGO 5

20 PRE 10

5 OCV 10

5 DCV 10

5 OMCV 6

5 DMCV 6

4 PD 2

4 ED 2

3 SPD 10

7 REC 4

30 END 2

26 STUN 3

10 BODY 0

(90)

Powers and Talents

12 The Fairest in all the Land+4 Striking Appearance

4 OMG! Big Bewbz!+2 SA, Limited

4 Perfect Butt+2 SA, Limited

6 Stud Magnet+3 SA, only vs. men with 2+ points in SA

50 Faerie Magic40 point Variable Power Pool, up to 40 active points, Requires Magic Roll(-1/2), Gestures and Incantations(-1/2)

12 Faerie Luck: Combat Luck(6/6)

3 Faerie Protection: Mental Defense 3 points

3 Faerie Protection: Power Defense 3 points

10 Romantic Luck 2d6

3 Ambidexterity

18 People Pleaser: +3 with Charm, Conversation and Persuasion; +3 to KS: Sexual Technique and PS: Perform Sexual Technique

(125)

Skills

9 Power: Magic, 16-

5 High Society 14-

3 Charm 13-(16/20+)

3 Conversation 13-

3 Persuasion 13-

3 KS: Sexual Technique 13-(16-)

3 PS: Perform Sexual Technique 13-(16-)

3 KS: Faerie Magic, 13-

3 Language: Faerie

2 Language: Elvish

1 Language: Taraqi

3 AK: Kingdom of Varda, 13-

1 AK: Kingdom of Taraqistan, 8-

3 KS: Courtly Duties, 13-

3 PS: Perform Courtly Duties, 13-

4 PS: Princess, 14-

1 Familiarity with Bureaucratics, 8-

2 Proficiency with Bribery, 10-

1 Familiarity with Eavesdropping, 8-

3 KS: Vardic Romantic Literature, 13-

3 KS: Vardic Erotic Literature and Art, 13-

5 1 combat level with Faerie Magic

3 Oratory 13-

(70)

Perks

15 Princess of Varda

10 Wealthy

15 Well-Connected and 12 points in Contacts

25 Base: Small Keep

50 Followers: 4 Ladies-In-Waiting(200+ Complications)

(115)

Equipment

Stiletto, 1/2d6 KA, AP(1d6 w/STR), concealed in garter

Various royal possessions, jewelry and so forth

400 total points

Complications

30 Hunted by Queen Miranda, Frequent, Harsh, Non-Combat Influence, More Powerful, Character is well-known

15 Social Complication(Princess(Public Identity), easily recognized

10 Distinctive Features(Very Beautiful, concealable, causes major reaction)

5 1d6 Romantic Unluck

15 Becomes Romantically/Sexually Infatuated Easily (Common, Strong)

Motivations: Avoid her arranged marriage; Protect her mother; Have an exciting adventure; Date a hero/ine; Overthrow her wicked aunt and restore her mother to the throne

Or do you mean peculiar institution?

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary waits to see who gets that one.

I know I shouldn't ask (and I suspect I know the answer already)' date=' but what is their "peculiar" characteristic?[/quote']

They're hermaphrodites, ala "futanari". At will, when highly aroused, their clitorii can grow into a phallus. They still identify as female, even though they are capable of impregnating other women.

Hmm. I suppose it's possible they might have some male slaves' date=' in a setting where slavery exists.[/quote']

Took all of nine minutes.

Lucius Alexander

Wagering with a palindromedary

Queen Millicent

10 STR 0

14 DEX 8

15 CON 5

20 INT 10

18 EGO 8

30 PRE 20

5 OCV 10

5 DCV 10

6 OMCV 9

6 DMCV 9

5 PD 3

5 ED 3

4 SPD 20

8 REC 4

40 END 4

28 STUN 4

10 BODY 0

(127)

Powers and Talents

9 Regal Beauty: +3 Striking Appearance

6 OMG! Bigger Bewbz!+3 SA, Limited

6 Perfect Big Butt+3 SA, Limited

75 Faerie Magic 60 point Variable Power Pool, up to 60 active points, Requires Magic Roll(-1/2), Gestures and Incantations(-1/2)

5 Faerie Protection: Mental Defense 5 points

5 Faerie Protection: Power Defense 5 points

10 Romantic Luck 2d6

3 Ambidexterity

18 People Pleaser: +3 with Charm, Conversation and Persuasion; +3 to KS: Sexual Technique and PS: Perform Sexual Technique

(149)

Skills

15 Power: Magic, 19-

7 High Society 17-

3 Charm 15-(18/20+)

3 Conversation 15-(18/20+)

3 Persuasion 15-(18/20+)

3 KS: Sexual Technique 13-(16-)

3 PS: Perform Sexual Technique 13-(16-)

5 KS: Faerie Magic, 15-

4 AK: Kingdom of Varda, 14-

2 AK: Kingdom of Taraqistan, 11-

4 KS: Courtly Duties, 14-

4 PS: Perform Courtly Duties, 14-

4 PS: Queen, 16-

2 Proficiency with Bureaucratics, 10-

3 Bribery, 15-

1 Familiarity with Eavesdropping, 8-

3 KS: Vardic Romantic Literature, 13-

10 2 combat levels with Faerie Magic

5 Oratory 16-

(90)

Perks

20 Queen of Varda

10 Wealthy

4 Contact, Vardic Court, 12-

(34)

Equipment

400 total points

Complications

25 Professional and Romantic Rivalry with twin sister, Queen Regent Miranda, rival is significantly more powerful, seeks to harm

15 Social Complication(Queen(Public Identity), easily recognized

10 Lonely, seeks companionship(common, moderate)

15 Becomes Romantically/Sexually Infatuated Easily (Common, Strong)

Motivations: Protect her daughter; Meet interesting new people; Date a hero/ine; Overthrow her wicked sister and regain the throne

Queen Regent Miranda

10 STR 0

18 DEX 16

15 CON 5

20 INT 10

18 EGO 8

30 PRE 20

7 OCV 20

7 DCV 20

7 OMCV 12

7 DMCV 12

5 PD 3

5 ED 3

5 SPD 30

10 REC 6

60 END 8

32 STUN 6

12 BODY 2

(181)

Powers and Talents

9 Regal Beauty: +3 Striking Appearance

6 OMG! Bigger Bewbz!+3 SA, Limited

6 Perfect Big Butt+3 SA, Limited

150 Faerie Magic 120 point Variable Power Pool, up to 120 active points, Requires Magic Roll(-1/2), Gestures and Incantations(-1/2)

8 Faerie Protection: Mental Defense 8 points

8 Faerie Protection: Power Defense 8 points

3 Ambidexterity

(220)

Skills

25 Power: Magic, 24-

7 High Society 17-

3 Charm 15-(18/20+)

3 Conversation 15-(18/20+)

3 Persuasion 15-(18/20+)

4 KS: Sexual Technique 14-(17-)

4 PS: Perform Sexual Technique 14-(17-)

7 KS: Faerie Magic, 17-

4 AK: Kingdom of Varda, 14-

2 AK: Kingdom of Taraqistan, 11-

4 KS: Courtly Duties, 14-

4 PS: Perform Courtly Duties, 14-

4 PS: Queen Regent, 16-

2 Proficiency with Bureaucratics, 10-

5 Bribery, 16-

3 Eavesdropping, 13-

3 KS: Vardic History, 13-

20 4 combat levels with Faerie Magic

5 Oratory 16-

5 Tactics 14-

2 KS: Military Strategy, 11-

(125)

Perks

25 Queen Regent of Varda

15 Filthy Rich

25 Well-Connected, 22 points in contacts

75 Elite Royal Guard, 8 followers built on 300+ Complications

(140)

Equipment

Leather Armored Corset(4/4, Act. 11-)

Royal Longsword(1d+1 KA)

666 total points

Complications

15 Professional and Romantic Rivalry with twin sister, Queen Regent Miranda, rival is significantly less powerful, seeks to harm

15 Social Complication(Queen(Public Identity), easily recognized)

10 Vengeful(common, moderate)

15 Promiscuous (Common, Strong)

Motivations: Protect and expand her kingdom; Manipulate Taraqistan into joining her war with the wood elves and mountain orcs; Humiliate her sister and niece ; Win whatever (or whomever) her sister values

Miranda and Millicent are twins. Miranda resented Millicent because they both fell in love with the king, but he decided to marry Millicent(first, as it turns out). Miranda schemed and schemed, and eventually seduced the king into marrying her as well, then used her skills at deception and intrigue to put her sister on the outs with the king(hence Millicent's diminished perks). The king took ill and died suddenly and suspiciously, which some in the court believe was the result of foul play on Miranda's part(it wasn't). After his death, Miranda ascended to the throne of the Kingdom of Varda, as Queen-Regent. While Millicent wasn't stripped of her royal rank, she did not co-rule. Miranda is enjoying her new power, and is very ambitious, seeking to expand the kingdom's territory. She is in no hurry to re-marry, but she does wish to find a way to neutralize the threat posed by her sister and neice, without actually killing them.

A lot of writeups for this mini-campaign concept(about 2 dozen), and there's probably 2 dozen more I could think of for a "second season"(thinking in terms of 12-24 session "seasons"). After that, I think the story arcs mostly tie up, with maybe a few "specials" or OVAs' worth of sessions. Could end a half dozen different ways, including a Tenchi solution(permanent equipoise of the harems, or straight up polygamy) or individual hookups. But the romantic goals are of co-equal importance with the other plot goals.

I like how the evil queen has a cohort of guardsmen she can send out to do her wicked will. I would suggest she also have a Guard Captain as a separate Follower at 500-600 points as her "dark knight" that she may have seduced into the role.

I've been thinking about the love charm, and one way it could be done would be to do it as being versus alternate defenses. If you change the defense from Mental Defense to an Ego Roll as the defense with a further "all or nothing" limitation, any girl that makes their ego roll each turn wouldn't be affected. That is a -1 1/2 limitation, changing from a rare to very common defense. If a woman is good at making ego rolls in his presence, it won't affect her at all. If not, she would succumb quickly.

I like how the evil queen has a cohort of guardsmen she can send out to do her wicked will. I would suggest she also have a Guard Captain as a separate Follower at 500-600 points as her "dark knight" that she may have seduced into the role.

I've been thinking about the love charm, and one way it could be done would be to do it as being versus alternate defenses. If you change the defense from Mental Defense to an Ego Roll as the defense with a further "all or nothing" limitation, any girl that makes their ego roll each turn wouldn't be affected. That is a -1 1/2 limitation, changing from a rare to very common defense. If a woman is good at making ego rolls in his presence, it won't affect her at all. If not, she would succumb quickly.

That could work. I might suggest a moderate penalty to the ego roll since an 11- means a 62% chance to shrug off the effects.

That could work. I might suggest a moderate penalty to the ego roll since an 11- means a 62% chance to shrug off the effects.

The other way you could do it would be to have a linked area effect Change Environment that reduces Ego rolls and Breakout Rolls, limited in that both only reduce versus the charm's effect, nothing else. So its then both difficult to resist and hard to shake off.

Mandroid Model 125/50

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

15 STR 5 12- Lift 200.0kg; 3d6 [1]

13 DEX 6 12- OCV: 4/DCV: 5

13 CON 3 12-

18 INT 8 13- PER Roll 13-/16-

0 EGO 0 9- ECV: 3 - 3

15 PRE 5 12- PRE Attack: 3d6

4 OCV 5

5 DCV 10

3 OMCV 0

3 DMCV 0

3 SPD 10 Phases: 4, 8, 12

6 PD 3 Total: 6 PD (1 rPD)

6 ED 3 Total: 6 ED (1 rED)

5 REC 1

20 END 0

10 BODY 0

20 STUN 0

Total Characteristic Cost: 56

Movement: Running: 9m/12m/18m/24m Leaping: 4m/8m Swimming: 4m/8m

Cost Powers END

3 I am sturdy and durable: Resistant Protection (1 PD/1 ED) 0

1 I come when called: Running +3m (9m/12m total) (3 Active Points); Conditional Power When called (-1) 1

1 You have my attention: +3 PER with Normal Hearing (3 Active Points); Perceivable (-½), Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (½ DCV; -½) 0

1 I am a tireless worker: Life Support (Sleeping: Character only has to sleep 8 hours per week) 0

1 I can hold my breath: Life Support (Extended Breathing: 1 END per Turn) 0

5 I am sterilized for your protection: Life Support (Immunity: All terrestrial diseases) 0

2 Self repair: Regeneration (1 BODY per Week) 0

2 It's detachable: Stretching 0m, x3 body dimension, 3 Recoverable Continuing Charges lasting 1 Hour each (+¾) (14 Active Points); Very Limited Body Part (-1), OAF (-1), Extra Time (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12), Only to Activate, -¾), Side Effects, Side Effect occurs automatically whenever Power is used (INT Drain; -½), Cannot Do Damage (-½), no Noncombat Stretching (-¼), No Velocity Damage (-¼), Always Direct (-¼), Conditional Power Power does not work if more than 3 meters from owner (-¼), Conditional Power Activates only on owner's verbal command or manual operation (-¼) [3 rc]

Bodyguard

Maneuver OCV DCV Notes

4 Martial Block +2 +2 Block, Abort

4 Martial Disarm -1 +1 Disarm; 25 STR to Disarm

3 Martial Grab -1 -1 Grab Two Limbs, 25 STR for holding on

3 Martial Throw +0 +1 3d6 +v/10, Target Falls

Talents

2 I follow instructions: Eidetic Memory (5 Active Points); Limited Power To remember orders (-1)

3 Dormancy Mode: Simulate Death

4 Seductive by design: +2/+2d6 Striking Appearance (vs. [Human females])

Skills

2 Good with kids: Gambling (Children's Games) 13-

3 Handy and helpful: Mechanics 13-

3 Handy and helpful: Electronics 13-

3 Never an embarrasment: High Society 12-

3 I can be anything you want me to be: Acting 12-

2 I can bend over backwards for you: Contortionist 10-

3 Did you hear about....: Conversation 12-

2 I am trained in basic first aid: Paramedics 10-

3 I love you: Charm 12-

3 Read Mistress AKA Analyze Desires: Analyze: Skill to "size up" a woman's preferences (general, long term desires) and moods (what she feels like right now) 13-

0 Automatons do not get "Everyman" Skills for free

4 1) Language: One common language with literacy (idiomatic)

1 2) Concealment 8-

1 3) Climbing 8-

1 4) Stealth 8-

1 5) Computer Programming 8-

3 Scholar

2 1) Getting to know you: KS: Owner (3 Active Points) 13-

1 2) How would you like to try...: KS: Currently popular entertainments, diversions, or hobbies (2 Active Points) 11-

2 3) What would you like to talk about?: KS: General (i.e. programmed to carry on at least a shallow conversation on common topics) (3 Active Points) 13-

3 Jack of All Trades

2 1) PS: Childcare (INT) (3 Active Points) 13-

2 2) PS: Cook (INT) (3 Active Points) 13-

2 3) PS: Dance (DEX) (3 Active Points) 12-

2 4) PS: Housekeeping (INT) (3 Active Points) 13-

2 5) PS: Massage (STR) (3 Active Points) 12-

2 6) PS: Personal Servant (INT) (3 Active Points) 13-

2 7) PS: Sing (PRE) (3 Active Points) 12-

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 99 Total Cost: 155

175+ Matching Complications

125 Base Points

15 Dependence: Takes 3d6 Damage + Incompetence: -1 to Skill Rolls + Weakness: -3 to Characteristic Rolls, “I exist to serve” Dependence on Owner / Programmed self-destruction. For each day forcibly separated from owner and/or prevented from actively rendering service, mandroid takes 3d6 damage, and suffers incompetence and weakness as per Dependence. (This keeps anyone from stealing your mandroid) , 1 Day

30 Susceptibility: Self-destruct failsafe: triggerred by any of: Owner's command, Manufacturer's signal, successful Mind Control or Telepathy past "surface thoughts" or any other attempt to tamper with, disassemble, or reverse-engineer either software or hardware without Manufacturer's passcodes 3d6 damage per Segment (Uncommon)

5 Psychological Complication: Avoids the company of women, except owner (Uncommon; Moderate)

Total Complications Points: 155

Background/History: From the Owner's Manual Your mandroid has certain requirements that must be met to prevent cessation of function and voiding of the warranty. Constant exposure to an Earthlike oxygenated atmosphere: Do not store your mandroid in enclosed space without ventilation. Do not block air intake for periods greater than 5 minutes. Your mandroid is capable of operating in water but should not remain completely submerged longer than 5 minutes, less if the mandroid is being very active. DO NOT EXPOSE TO HARD VACUUM. Unless special ordered or provided appropriate equipment, a mandroid's tolerances for pressue and temperature are approximately those of an average Earthborn Human. Sustenance: A well balanced diet is optimal for long term high performance. Neglecting to feed your mandroid for three days in a row will void the warranty, as will failure to provide a constant, ready supply of potable water. A mandroid will also need facilities for the disposal of organic waste products. Attention and Guidance: Once a mandroid imprints on an owner, the imprinting is irreversable. Your imprinted mandroid exists to serve you. Long periods without contact or instructions are problematic. If your mandroid cannot perceive that it is serving a useful (defined as serving or pleasing you in some way) function, the unit will cease to function at all, eventually shut down, and begin to deteriorate.

Personality/Motivation: Programmable.

Quote: "Yes Dear."

Powers/Tactics: Standard Features: Heavy duty construction: A standard mandroid can lift (but not carry) 200 kg and is tough enough to withstand moderately rough use. Self repair: a damaged mandroid can usually repair itself over time. Sleep mode: only required for 1 hr in 24 Dormancy mode: a safety feature to prevent damage, the mandroid may become dormant in an emegency. Self destruct: A security feature ensuring a mandroid may not be stolen or compromised. And of course, your mandroid is designed and programmed to be a perfect companion.

Campaign Use: Mandroid Model 125/50 is built on 125 points plus 50 points of Complications, suitable for a standard heroic game. 20 points are left unspent for optional customization and/or skills not yet programmed. Available for sale (175 pt follower for 35 pts) or lease (Summon 175 pt Mandroid 35 pts, (+1 advantage for slavishly devoted 70 pts,) delivery to reasonable locations only (-½ limit “must inhabit locale”) allow 4 to 6 weeks for delivery (-5 limit extra time)

Appearance: How do you want yours to look?

Mandroid character sheet by

Lucius Alexander

Copyright Palindromedary Enterprises