campaign start off adventure

L.Craig

Is there any published super hero adventures that are good for starting off a camapaign with. I dont care what game system there for as ill just convert them. Im just starting a campaign and with three kids dont have time to make a adventure up right now.My problem is a lot of the adventures i find have you planting plot seeds earlier in the campaign .

Re: campaign start off adventure

Avengers Coast to Coast for the old Marvel Super Heroes (FASERIP version). It assumes the characters are going to be part of a new Avengers franchise (West Coast Avengers, Great Lakes Avengers, etc). You could easily file the serial numbers off and make it your own established, deep-pockets super group looking for a new branch office.

Avengers Coast to Coast for the old Marvel Super Heroes (FASERIP version). It assumes the characters are going to be part of a new Avengers franchise (West Coast Avengers' date=' Great Lakes Avengers, etc). You could easily file the serial numbers off and make it your own established, deep-pockets super group looking for a new branch office.[/quote']

The above works well, you don't really need to convert much (unless you use Marvel characters) and if you replace the behind-the-scenes villain with Interface you have an almost seamless lead-in to the adventures in Champions Battlegrounds (half price in the Hero Online Store).

For short adventure hooks and a plot generator, take a look at Villainy Amok (also half price in the Hero Online Store).

"Crisis at Crusader Citadel" from Villain & Vigilantes could work. It starts off your PCs as new heroes who are trying to apply for membership in an established super team. The enemies of the super team have occupied their HQ, if I recall it right, and the PCs get to play hero and rescue their idols. And then they can run off and form their own team if you like.

--Kap

I wrote an introductory Hero System 6th Edition Adventure called War of Worldcraft. Go to the Hero Store or the Blackwyrm Store and pick it up!

Nosy question, Balabanto...can you tell me in general terms how it's been selling? I keep thinking that there's people like me out here hungry to buy ready made adventures...does that seem true in your experience?

Among published Champions adventures, I recommend several from the run of Hero Games's excellent electronic magazine, Digital Hero. Most are relatively short and self-contained, and pretty easy to adapt to most campaign settings, but almost always include maps and pregenerated NPCs. And since DH was written for Fifth Edition HERO, it benefits from the website store policy that all such are now half their original price, i.e. an absolute steal.

You can find a list of all DH adventures, and other relevant info, here: http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php/70729-Digital-Hero-Still-Available

There's also a forum thread listing links to a number of free fan-created Champs adventures, several very appropriate to start a campaign. Said thread is at http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php/36759-Free-online-Champs-adventures

If I'm starting with a new group who have not gamed with me before, I still use the original viper's nest along with the bbb's scenario's. Both work for a dark champs run with a little trimming and both work with four color game and it is easy to run them together as one big adventure.

Among published Champions adventures' date=' I recommend several from the run of Hero Games's excellent electronic magazine, [i']Digital Hero[/i]. Most are relatively short and self-contained, and pretty easy to adapt to most campaign settings, but almost always include maps and pregenerated NPCs. And since DH was written for Fifth Edition HERO, it benefits from the website store policy that all such are now half their original price, i.e. an absolute steal.

You can find a list of all DH adventures, and other relevant info, here: http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php/70729-Digital-Hero-Still-Available

There's also a forum thread listing links to a number of free fan-created Champs adventures, several very appropriate to start a campaign. Said thread is at http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php/36759-Free-online-Champs-adventures

Yeah. I also wrote Chains of Doom and Tsunami!, though Chains of Doom is way more appropriate for beginners than Tsunami! is. Tsunami is rough. Those bad guys play hard. When I do a villain book, the bad guys will all be reconfigured to use SPIDER instead of VIPER, but that's really the only change.

MH4 "Lone Wolves" from the old TSR Marvel Super Heroes RPG is pretty decent as you modify it slightly to accommodate your particular PCs and give them a reason to work together for the first time. You can download it free (along with the whole game and other stuff for it) at:

http://www.classicmarvelforever.com/cms/basic-game-and-modules.html

I don't know if they're violating any copyrights but they're not selling it and the site's been up for a long time without a cease-and-desist order so I'd imagine it's okay.

--Kap

• 2 weeks later...

Some good all-purpose first adventures include:

Rampaging monster in dowtown ,

Alien invasion,

Massive supervillain jailbreak,

just about anything that would draw multiple heroes to one spot, even if they've never met before.

Those are my tried-and-true standbys. You can use them over and over if you make minor variations or no changes at all if all the players are new.

Rampaging monster in dowtown ,

Alien invasion,

Massive supervillain jailbreak,

just about anything that would draw multiple heroes to one spot, even if they've never met before.

In teh few campaigns I have started we had:

UNTIL collecting a superteam in a small city, because of a recent jailbreak/escape during transport.

Mole-Man borrowning up right in central park.

General Ideas:

Champions 6E also has a Plot generator that might be worth a look.

Make certain every hero has soemthing to do. Nohting more boring than Playing Master Mentalist and fighting Robots or multiple players having the same shtick.