7 deadly sins

quozaxx

Which of the published villain characters would you assign to represent one of the deadly sins.

The deadly sins are: wrath, greed, sloth, pride, lust envy, and gluttony.

For instance: You may "vote" for Grond to represent Wrath, since he is prone to trantrums and often goes berserk when tricked.

Re: 7 deadly sins

Published as in the CU? Or something else. Seven Deadly Sins of the CU shouldn't be to hard. Wrath: Baron Nihil, Greed: Tyrannon the Conqueror, Sloth: Istvatha V’han, Pride: Dr. Destroyer, Lust: Arachne (tough one really but at least she gets her flirt on with good looking heroes.....), Envy: Holocaust (Gets no Respect heh), and Gluttony has to be Slun.

~Rex

Hmm... not sure how to equate Sloth with V'han. Looking at her daily schedule in Book Of The Empress, she's one industrious little queen bee.

This will take some thought.

She's the laziest Villain I've ever seen.....Sits on her throne, send out the masses, take something over, then requires them to do basically nothing, change almost nothing, wash rinse repeat *yawn*... That puts me to sleep, hence ....Sloth....Nothing is more slothful then an immense bureaucracy like that.

~Rex

I'm down with Tyrannon for Greed (driven to not only conquer, but subsume, everything that exists), Dr. Destroyer for Pride (holds himself superior to all other beings), and Slun for Gluttony (he's even described as a glutton in his write-up). For Wrath I would choose Valak, since battle, destruction, and revenge are all he lives for. I would go with Entropy for Sloth, because cessation of energy and motion is the definition of entropy.

I want to think about Lust and Envy a bit more before I vote.

Takofanes could be Sloth. Dude is dead. Dead tend to be lazy on average :doi:

I'm kind of curious on a DC/Marvel one on this

But despite being Dead he still get's up to get hsi job done.

Taht is something the average human dead isn't going to do. Unless Tarki gives him a magic kick in the Butt :)

I'm down with Tyrannon for Greed (driven to not only conquer' date=' but subsume, everything that exists), Dr. Destroyer for Pride (holds himself superior to all other beings), and Slun for Gluttony (he's even described as a glutton in his write-up). For Wrath I would choose Valak, since battle, destruction, and revenge are all he lives for. I would go with Entropy for Sloth, because cessation of energy and motion is the definition of entropy.[/quote']

But wouldn't the Dr. D link with Pride also apply to V'han? Afaik one of her core concepts is that she knows better how people should live then theyself do.

But wouldn't the Dr. D link with Pride also apply to V'han? Afaik one of her core concepts is that she knows better how people should live then theyself do.

Granted, but Dr. Destroyer is a lot more over-the-top and in-your-face about it. I mean, look at some of his quotations from Book Of The Destroyer: "The seething mass of humanity is little better than a pack of dogs, slave to desire and instinct rather than intellect and willpower. A few, a very few, rise above the common ruck to demonstrate what human beings are capable of. And above them, as far above them as the stars above the Earth, is Destroyer." (BOTD p. 36)

That's how I've always seen her, the Nanny State gone monstrous. "Nanny knows what's best, poppets, so be good boys and girls and do as you're told. It's for your own good, and you don't want Nanny to be cross now do you?"

For Envy I think I'll go with the Shadow Queen. She has the Psychological Complication: Vain, Jealous, And Petty (Common, Total), and is described as "petty, vengeful, and vain on an epic scale, and will destroy the lives of young milkmaids simply because she feels threatened by their physical beauty or general sweetness." (CV 1 p. 169)

For lust' date=' how about the Engineer? She seems to be driven by Eros gone wrong. Come to think of it, isn't Mechanon in the same position? He longs for the impossible, perfect love: a universe of machines.[/quote']

I always thought Lust is more about ... well lust, seduction.

True Love would be the opposite of the Sin Lust.

Well, for Lust I decided to nominate the inseparable incestuous mystic twin villains, Eduard and Anais Vandaleur. I mean, they have "PS: Perverse Hedonism" and "KS: Vice World" on 14- right on their character sheets!

Franklin Stone would make another good candidate for Greed, as his CV 1 description aptly expresses it: "How do you describe the extent of Franklin Stone’s greed, ambition, and hunger for power? It would be easier to count all the planets in the galaxy or try to get the sea to hold still. Regardless of how much he has (or may acquire in the future), he wants more — and there’s nothing he won’t do to get it." (CV 1 p. 202)

What about Gravitar (sp?) for Sloth? Her 5E writeup basically states that she is powerful enough to be a world threat but most of her schemes are poorly thought ou and dropped as soon as something goes wrong. If I remember correctly she's even commented about her plans or goals to take over the world but as of yet doesn't seem to actually have a plan.

Which of the published villain characters would you assign to represent one of the deadly sins.

The deadly sins are: wrath, greed, sloth, pride, lust envy, and gluttony.

For instance: You may "vote" for Grond to represent Wrath, since he is prone to trantrums and often goes berserk when tricked.

Ohh, this is fun! I just did a search for the key terms in the three 6E villains books and found the following:

Wrath

Appears a lot, but the best fits might be:

• Black Paladin: is basically the instrument of the arch-devil, Baphomet, the Lord of Wrath
  • Tyrannon: every one of his forms has a power entitled Deadly Wrath of Tyrannon

Greed

Appears many, many times, but it's hard to beat the previously mentioned quote on:

• Franklin Stone: "How do you describe the extent of Franklin Stone’s greed, ambition, and hunger for power? It would be easier to count all the planets in the galaxy or try to get the sea to hold still."

Sloth

Does not appear, but a search on lazy turns up:

• Pulsar: "...is, at heart, a lazy underachiever... the truth is he doesn’t work hard at anything; he expects to be given fame, fortune, and women on a silver platter, and he has an excuse for everything that goes wrong."

Pride

• Dr. Destroyer: "Destroyer has two Achilles’s heels — one known to the world, one carefully kept secret. The first is his pride and arrogance, through which he can sometimes be taunted into exposing himself, and which drive him to grandiose schemes when more covert action would probably allow him to achieve his goals more quickly."
  • The Soviet Guard, Hammer, and Sickle: "... are all Communist loyalists who’d like to have the Soviet regime (and Russian pride) restored..."
  • El Salto (for a more humorous choice): "...is is justifiably proud of his leaping abilities..." but "... even prouder of his large, luxuriant moustache..."

Lust

• Astralle: offered herself as a lover to seven demons to gain her powers; has the complication "lecherous"
  • Mind Slayer: "...genuinely loves Psimon and has no outside interests at all. However, some day she may finally grasp the fact that he doesn’t love her in return, and her wrath in that case might be terrifying."

Envy

• Jade Phoenix: "...murderously jealous of anyone whose martial arts prowess (particularly with Kung Fu) even approaches his own; he’ll try to kill or cripple any such fighters. It was this envy that led him to destroy Yengtao Temple."
  • Morgaine the Mystic: "...finds herself on the bad end of the Crimelords love triangle. She still carries quite a torch for Dreadnaught, but his devotion to Tiger Lily blinds him to the fact that she’s much better. (Or at least that’s how she sees it.) She’d love to get rid of Tiger Lily so she can have Dreadnaught to herself, but she doesn’t dare do anything that would make Dreadnaught suspicious of her."
  • Bulldozer (for a very humorous choice for envy OR lust): "I’m the envy of every man — and the fantasy of every woman!"

Gluttony

• Slun: "... his greatest love is gourmet food. His gluttony is nearly boundless, and he often holds 'business meetings' over dinners that last for hours. Anyone who can compete with him as a trencherman earns a measure of his respect."

Special Mention:

• Tartarus: his "personality/motivation" section mentions pride, greed, rage (i.e., wrath), lust, and gluttony. So you just need someone lazy and envious to turn him loose and he could do the rest :)

But despite being Dead he still get's up to get hsi job done.

Taht is something the average human dead isn't going to do. Unless Tarki gives him a magic kick in the Butt :)

Most Master villains have a strong dose of pride, though. It just seems Doc has even more than most. Of course, we need a back up Pride anyhow, because the Doc is liable to feel too superior to join up :doi:

Most Master villains have a strong dose of pride' date=' though. It just seems Doc has even more than most. Of course, we need a back up Pride anyhow, because the Doc is liable to feel too superior to join up :doi:[/quote']

The same ways Franklyn stone would jsut be to greedy to share? Basically none of the sins should be able to work togehter. And frankly, working togehter wasn't even part of the question. Just who would be the best fit for wich sin