Who are the copies/pastiches/tributes/captain ersatz in your campaigns?

MisterVimes

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Who are the copies/pastiches/tributes/captain ersatz in your campaigns?

Two pastiches I've done as villains: Earthmover, a blatant ripoff of Juggernaut, and Flambeaux, a thinly-veiled reproduction of Pyro. The pastiches were so obvious that my group started asking, "So which X-Men villain are we fighting this week?"

For one adventure, I teamed these two up with Aereon (sp?) from Enemies III. I called the villan group 'Earth, Wind and Fire'. :P

I don't think Captain Planet is very Military. At elast nto the one I know...

Neither was Captain Comet, or a lot of the superheroes with "Captain" in their name. I imagine it just sounded good to the creators.

Hmm ... I can't recall one of those' date=' either. Pure gadgeteer sorts have been rare; we see a lot more power-armor sorts, or 'guys with powers that use gadgets too', like a teleporting martial artist who has a pool for weapons and such.[/quote']

Well, Moonlight was a pastiche of the Shadow, so they've been copies of copies. I'm a sucker for power armor. My first champions character was a Batman/Iton Man mashup.

I came very close to playing a Batman tribute in a 250 point Dark Champions game in '09.

I decided to play a Black Canary tribute instead since two other players were already set to go with ninja inspired characters.

attachment.php?attachmentid=36551

Nice build and great looking character. I particularly like the claw/fringe look on the torso.

Two pastiches I've done as villains: Earthmover, a blatant ripoff of Juggernaut, and Flambeaux, a thinly-veiled reproduction of Pyro. The pastiches were so obvious that my group started asking, "So which X-Men villain are we fighting this week?"

For one adventure, I teamed these two up with Aereon (sp?) from Enemies III. I called the villan group 'Earth, Wind and Fire'. :P

I approve this disco message :)

Neither was Captain Comet' date=' or a lot of the superheroes with "Captain" in their name. I imagine it just sounded good to the creators.[/quote']

And all Barons and Baronesses are evil. I feel our heroes are war heroes and aristocrats are bad.

Strangely' date=' I can't recall anybody ever playing a Batman homage in a game I've been in.[/quote']

I had a guy play "Nightwraith" who was a odd kind of legacy character. After the original Nightwraith died, the PC's family bought the house, and as an inquisitive child, he managed to find his way into the Wraithcave and eventually took on the cowl.

Prince Namor' date=' Princess Celestia...[/quote']

Wonder Woman is Princess Diana :)

I am struggling to come up with a good Baron or Baroness in comics though.

Oddly, we have a Baroness in my game and she's a hero.

Creepy and cold, sure, but still very much a hero (Imagine Emma Frost, but instead of telepathy, she has blood manipulation powers...)

Yeah ... Baron Zemo' date=' Baron Blood ... I suspect it may be due to association with The Red Baron, thus 'baron' associates to Nazi ...[/quote']

Nah. All through the 19th century in England, barons and baronets were the go-to characters for moustache twirling gents who were constantly trying to abduct the heroine. (The aristocrats heroines WANTED to marry, were either untitled, or Dukes and Earls)

Here's the list I could think of:

MARVEL

Baron Blood

Baron Brimstone

Baron Macabre

Baron Mordo

Baron Samedi

Baron Strucker

Baron Zemo

Baroness Blood

DC COMICS

Baron Bedlam

Baron Blitzkrieg

Baron Death

Baron Katana

Baron Munsdorf

Baron Ruthven

Baron Sunday

Baron Thorvald

Baron Tyme

Baron Tyrano

Baron Winters

Only Baron Winters is a good guy -- and with a name like that, you know he's up to something.