Anyone have pre-made star ships???

GoldenAge

We've rejoined the space community here in Lake Geneva and restarted a version of the old NEMESIS game (see sig below for more info). We're really stoked to get back to our version of STAR HERO (recently nominated for 2 ENie Awards)!!! We dove right into the game and have already recreated an entire galaxy from scratch (just 2 more to go :lol: - You can find the map on the NEMESIS thread here).

The one thing I'd like to do on this trip through the TGU is explore ship-to-ship combat. But I'm so bogged down with characters, planets, galaxies and plot lines that I don't really have the time to create finished star ships. That's why I'm asking you all for help...

I'm hoping that you folks will be willing to...

Share your finished STAR HERO/Terran Empire star ships with me.

If you have finished Hero ship write-ups I would really appreciate it if I could borrow them for use in my game. Post them here, redirect me to other web sites where they can be found or email them to me if you are willing.

Any help would be very appreciated!!!!!

In the mean time... Take a look at my NEMESIS SQUADRON thread (in sig). Take what you want for inclusion in your own STAR HERO games. :)

Re: Anyone have pre-made star ships???

Old Man, I'm seriously starting to believe that everyone that has ever played Star Hero and created a ship has manifested their dream and... left the damn planet!!!

;)

Not a single hit (besides you) on this post... I realize making ships can be a chore, but I thought at least a few folks out there would have ships to share.

It's sort of a "Yes, but...." situation. I've got a number of finely-crafted Star Hero spacecraft, designed specifically for the Terracide setting, which uses very different baseline technological assumptions from the Terran Empire setting. They might be good designs, but they're probably completely unsuitable for the game you're running. I think the background info might be useful to you as a source of ideas, though.

Heck yah! I'm always interested in other's settings/ideas. As long as the points are correct on your ships there's no reason why they wouldn't work as xeno-ships from outside our TGU playground. I try to incorporate (ahem, steal) as much as I can into our game. The "stew/homebrew" universe we have going lets players adapt their favorite parts of existing scifi stuff into their characters and allows me a chance to throw them a curve every now and again.

I'd love to see anything you're willing to share! :thumbup:

Oops, I forgot that Terracide was far less technologically advanced than our TGU at ATRI levels between 10 and 13 (not more, as I originally assumed). Or am I wrong again???

Regardless, I'm very certain that your ships would be useful (with a little customization, perhaps) :)

There are also times in our campaign that I focus on burgeoning star-faring races. Perhaps your ships would be a perfect fit for them. It's always fun to throw the PCs into a scenario where they don't have access to the comforts they've become dependent upon.

In some ways they're less advanced, in other ways more advanced, due to different assumptions. FTL is a lot slower: 100C is considered really fast in Terracide, which is pathetically slow by the standards of most SF settings.

Weaponry is very long-ranged: space combat weapons are megascaled to 1m = 1000km. And although most of the beam weapons have the reduced by range limitation, they hit hard within optimum range.

There aren't any reactionless drives, but the torch drives are phenomenally efficient, with exhaust velocities between 4% and 8% of C. (Weaponized exhaust, anyone?)

There aren't any "force field" type defensive systems at all; Armor and internal reinforcement (damage reduction) are all they've got.

Working on some "Class" SFB style ships at the moment (Frigate, Destroy, Cruise, Heavy Cruiser, Battle Cruiser, Dreadnaught etc etc etc). Fiddling around with a few builds along the lines of the Event Horizon movie, though I'm doing that more for BRP right now as opposed to HERO but I planned on converting over to HERO as well so I could add them to my SF setting stuff......

~Rex

Well, I don't have any actual starship designs to post, but... I worked out of technical/point crunchy stuff on /how/ to build ships for my Master of Orion game.

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php/86548-A-thread-for-spaceship-and-starbase-frameworks?p=2205750#post2205750 is the link. Some discussion/clarification follows along with other peoples' ideas. If there's enough interest, I may post the spreadsheets that with the tech tree data (actual weapons and stuff).

Chris.

The only TE game I've played/ran was the Alien Wars campaign and we used what was in the books for the most part.

You can get the Alien Wars Hero Designer pack for $3, and it contains all the vehicles found in the Alien War campaign setting book.

If I had a premade starship' date=' would I still be on this godforsaken planet?![/quote']

Must spread rep...

I've built a total of one ship in HERO system, and that was for a champions game. A Qularr battleship, designed as a self sufficient bio-ship; the flag ship of their Earth invasion fleet. Of course, by the time I actually stated it up the players had already captured it, replaced most of the crew (except a few Qularr defectors) with UNTIL agents, and used it to spark a revolution on the Qularr home world. And destroy a Giant, Planet Eating Death Squid . It remained their headquarters throughout the rest of the campaign.

Sadly, the build is stored on my other computer, 500 miles away.

I'm at the wrong computer to remember the author's name, but someone way in the past did a whole bunch of writeups of Traveller ships for Hero. Search the Star Hero forum for Traveller ships, but set for all posts, not time limited...

Hey wait, why don't I just do that. *smacks self*

It was shadowcat1313.

Chris.

I'm at the wrong computer to remember the author's name, but someone way in the past did a whole bunch of writeups of Traveller ships for Hero. Search the Star Hero forum for Traveller ships, but set for all posts, not time limited...

Hey wait, why don't I just do that. *smacks self*

It was shadowcat1313.

Chris.

Shadowcat is the grand master of Traveller starships. He did most of the conversions of them when we were working on Traveller Hero.

If you have/can lay hands on a copy of that, there are over a dozen Traveller ships statted out in Hero terms, as well as starship components.

Whether those are suitable for your game or not I couldn't say.

thought I heard my name taken in vein, or was it artery, I have a displacement crapload of assorted starship stuff archived, not just for traveller, I just have to figure out what I can and cant hand out

at the very least I can probably toss out the generic traveller starship template

heres something to start things with at least, its a beta version of what went in the book, so its not quite perfectly accurate

Traveller/Hero Starship Hull Chart:

Hull Size:[DT] Size: STR: Body: DCV: NOTES:

1 5 35 15 -3

2 7 45 17 -4

3 8 50 18 -5

5 9 55 19 -6

10 10 60 20 -6

15 11 65 21 -7

20 12 70 22 -8

50 14 80 24 -9

100 15 85 25 -10

200 17 95 27 -11

400 18 100 28 -12

600 19 105 29 -12

800 20 110 30 -13

1,200 21 115 31 -14

2,000 22 120 32 -14

3,000 23 125 33 -14

5,000 24 130 34 -16

8,000 25 135 35 -16

10,000 25 135 35 -16

20,000 27 145 37 -18

30,000 28 150 38 -18

50,000 29 155 39 -19

60,000 29 155 39 -19

75,000 30 160 40 -20

100,000 30 160 40 -20

200,000 32 170 42 -20

300,000 33 175 ` 43 -21

500,000 34 180 44 -22

1,000,000 35 185 45 -22

Modifiers to Hull Rating:

Interior Design/Construction:

Partial Comapartmentalization: +5%

Total Compartmentalization: +10%

Hull Construction:[Hardened Steel assumed to be standard]

Planetoid Hull: +10 Body, +10 Def, ½ Cost, cannot enter atmosphere

Buffered Planetoid Hull: +15 Body, +15 Def, 2/3 Cost, cannot enter atmosphere

Both planetoid hulls can have armor added, but get no bonuses for hull type, or for interior design

They also cannot be equipped with stealth hulls.

Advanced Hull Material I[ Titanium Alloy]: +1 Body/+1 Def

Advanced Hull Material II [Light Composite]: +2 Body/+1 Def

Advanced Hull Material III [Composite Laminate]: +2 Body/+2 Def

Advanced Hull Material IV [Crystal Iron]: +5% Body/+3 Def, can add thermal superconducting armor

Advanced Hull Material V [superdense]: +10% Body/ +4 Def, can add tsa

Advanced Hull Material VI [bonded Superdense]: +20% Body, +8 Def, can add tsa

Advanced Hull Material VII [Coherent Superdense]: +25% Body, +12 Def, can add tsa

Advanced Hull Material VIII [Living Metal]: +15% Body, no tsa, regenerates 1 Body per Hour, *3 Cost

Advanced Hull Material IX [biomechanical]: Standard Body, regens 1 body per Day, *2 Cost

Advanced Hull Material X[battlemech Armor]: +3 DEF, +2 Body, counts as hardened TSA

Advanced Hull Material XI[Ferro Fibrous Mech Armor] +5 Def, +3 Body, counts as hardened tsa

Advanced Hull Material XIII[Ferro Aluminum Armor] +4 Def, +3 Body, Counts as TSA, brittle

Advanced Hull Material XIV[battlemech etc EndoSteel Internal Structure]: +3 Body, extra bulky

Hull Types:

Dispersed/Open Structure: cannot enter atmosphere, no added armor[Def 4], adds +4 body, often modular, .75 cost

Needle: Airframe or streamlined, fully atmospheric, adds +3 body, Airframe adds +2 PSR for maneuvers, cost of basic hull is *2 CR

Wedge: AF or SL, fully atmospheric, adds +2 body, AF +2 PSR, *1.5 Cr

Cylinder: AF or SL, fully atmospheric, adds +1 body, AF +1 PSR, *1.25 CR

Box: SL only, partially atmospheric, adds +1 body, standard cost

Sphere: SL Only, partially atmospheric, standard body, standard cost

Dome/Disk: AF or SL, fully atmospheric, adds +2 body, AF +1 PSR, *1.25 cost

Close Structure: Unstreamlined, adds +2 body, *1.25 cost

Slab: AF or SL, +2 body, +1 PSR, *1.5 cost

Sensor Packages:

Traveller sensor packages are divided into active and passive sets.

The Active Arrays can have a range of anywhere from 3,000 to 480,000 kilometers

And consists of a variety of active and passive sensor emitters, making it a much more sophisticated

Version of Radar.[Radar, Lidar, Sonar]

Passive sensor arrays, use large antennae to detect any electromagnetic emanations from a potential target.

These are extremely sophisticated and precise sensors.[High Res Thermal, Densitometers, and Neural Activity Sensors are all passive.

References Used:

Traveller The New Era: Fire Fusion and Steel

Megatraveller World Builders Handbook

Megatraveller Starship Operators Manual

GURPS Vehicles: Second Edition

The Ultimate Vehicle Guide

Thanks all!!!

I never played Traveler, but I'm looking for a wide array of ships to use in my 3-galaxy wide game. There's room for anything. While I need them, I just don't have the time to write-up dozens of individual ships. :)

• 8 months later...

Do you have any interest in exploring published Hero Games sources? The Spacer's Toolkit is chock-full of detailed starship write-ups and illustrations. It's for 5E HERO, but for that reason it's half its original price from website's Online Store (a mere $11.00 US for a printed copy). There are also quite a few 6E starship write-ups in Champions Beyond.