Berserk and Rage powers?

Theros

I have struggling to create Berserk power. Power should work following way: It boosts characters STR and OCV. It halves DCV and makes dodging/blocking impossible. Character needs roll to recognize his friends(not to attack against them). Character needs roll to calm down from berserk, or when all the enemies are down he will calm. Character won't get tired, or downed during the berserk. Of course braking legs etc affects... He will die normally and will get all the wounds etc after berserk ends.

Then Rage...is lighter version from that. Character just gets less boosts and changes to get away from Rage and notice friendly persons are higher.

I really don't know how to build those. I think these as powers, not like Complication ( like it is with Hulk).

That last part sounds like you want to apply Mystery Damage. 6E2 has some thoughts on that and generally it is something only the GM should declare (because he has to deal with teh bookkeeping then).

Halving DCV is a very sever penalty on par wtih being totally surprised. It should not be taken lightly. Even being unable to use defensive actions is a rather severe hinderance already and you should consider leaving it at "unable to block/dodge".

The Complications Enraged/Berserk model the effects you want best and can be found on 6E1 422.

6E1 395 has an example power:

"Berserk Strength: aid str4d6 (24 active points); only Works in combat (-½), self only (-1), side effects (character always acquires complication Berserk while in
combat (go 14-; recover 8-)while his str is increased by aid, and the Berserk automatically takes effect when he first uses the aid; -1). total cost: 7 points."

Aid might not be the right Power here, Characterstics with those limtiations might be better

6E1 350 has an example of the Opposite build - a power that is triggered whenever a existing Enraged/Berserk complication triggers:

"If a character has a Trigger for a personal power for which he cannot control the activation, he may, at the GM’s option, reduce the value of Trigger by 1/4. An example would be an Aid STR, Triggered when the character becomes Enraged (or Berserk). Since the character cannot become Enraged at will, he gets less use out of his Triggered power, so the GM might reduce the Advantage’s value. (The GM may also allow the power to take the No Conscious Control Limitation, if appropriate.)"

With Trigger aid is abetter Choice. Otherwise STR with "Only while Enraged" would work.

One way to get the 1/2 DCV is buy the boost(s) with Concentration (Thoughts of Murder!) and you get a nice big price break. I posted a bunch of Rage! powerz a Long time ago as "riding the red pony" under Fantasy hero...but they might be gone by now...

Concentration also reduces your movement speed to 2m/phase.

Plus Enraged/Berserk explicitly says you cannot use powers with Concentration.

As I pointed out earlier, the no block is quite a severe limitation already. 1/2 DCV is propably too severe and should best be dropped. It does not fits the way Enraged/Berserk works in hero.

Thank you from replies. In berserk, in this setting character will more likely try berserk as last option (even he uses CP to buy power). He won't get stunned, wounds won't affect him during the berserk. He ignores to block and dodge (don't feel any pain), focusing fully to cause maximum damage for his foes. Maybe I should give only slight penalty to DCV, but I think that he should get some penalty to there.

I am using impairing effects in my game.

What: Cannot be Stunned while in berserk and Ignores Impairing effects while in berserk, will cost?

Rage is just lighter version, with better control over the power.

Lets say that power where I start to build is:

Berserk: aid str4d6 (24 active points); Trigger (when character is in berserk; + 1/4 ), only Works in combat (-½), self only (-1), side effects (character always acquires complication Berserk while in combat (go 14-; recover 8-)while his str is increased by aid, and the Berserk automatically takes effect when he first uses the aid; -1). total cost: ???

Rage:  aid str 2d6 (12 active points); Trigger (when character is in rage; + 1/4 ), only Works in combat (-½), self only (-1), side effects (character always acquires complication Rage while in combat (go 14-; recover 12-)while his str is increased by aid, and the Rage automatically takes effect when he first uses the aid; -1). total cost: ???

There need to be added: Cannot be Stunned while in berserk and Ignores Impairing effects while in berserk, also OCV bonuses should apply after Berserk is on, character will get lesser OCV bonus in Rage.

END cost of this power will based on Active points? And using Rage or berserk costs END every phase that character maintains power?

Aid costs END when you cast it, then slowly fades. You still have to pay end for any extra STR you use.

Does not takes Stun is normally persistent and has no END cost.

p. 211 of Champions Complete has an ability that might be useful to you: "THE MADDER I GET,

THE STRONGER I GET!"
Basically it's just a stacking str aid that fades immediately when the rage goes away, up to +60 str. It could easily be altered to grant OCV, although I'd personally advise AGAINST the OCV boost, given that a +30 str and +6 OCV is FAR more useful and imbalancing than a +60 str, even if they are technically the same cp cost. Just my $.02, though. 

To ignore Impairing/Disabling wounds, you could buy double the body (say +10 or +15 body, whatever your starting body is) with the limitation Only to ignore Impairing/Disabling wounds which I would place at a -2 limitation since it doesn't add to the ability to survive, or protect one from Transformation attacks, etc.  Also, Only while Berserk based on the chance to go Berserk (base it on the Activation roll limitation) and you will have a character who is only at a penalty if they actually take a Disabling wound, but it only acts as an Impairing wound.  The character wouldn't be effected by Disabling wounds.  Anything strong enough to give him/her a disabling wound while Berserk, would actually outright kill the character.

Disable Imparing/Disabling wounds:

Those to rules are tied to the hit location rules. No Hit Location, no Impairign wounds.

But actually you should not try to affect those. Disabling/Imparing are effects you cannot ignore. No matter how immune to pain you are, you cannot use your arm if the bone is broken or it is totally missing.

• 2 weeks later...

You could also build it as a multipower.  One slot for Berserk, one for Rage, and one normal.  Each slot would have a compound power with the characteristics in them.  I would still use aid for the Body bonus, the fade rate might add a bit of drama as the player starts to fade out. 

For example:

15 Multipower (30) Lim: Slot control based on state (-1)

1u "Normal" +3 OCV, +3 DCV

1u "Rage" +5 Str, +2 OCV, +2 DCV,+5 PD

1u "Beserk" +10 Str, +5 PD, 1/4 resistant PD reduction Stun Only

This is just a suggestion.  As always, GM's discretion is advised.  

On the disabling/impairment, the impairment/disablement is based on the total Body of the character vs. the damage received.  Depending on the GM, you might say the wound while the Body aid is in effect is not disabling and when the Body wears off, the impairment/disablement happens.

Christoper impairing rules are not tied to hit locations. You can use them seperately. And while you're right that a midsing limb will affect you ad in you can't use it, people havr been known to use broken limbs under rage/drugs and didnt knoe of the effects after its out of their system.

I like the multipower idea a lot, although I have issues over the build: I don't think you can apply the limitation to the pool otherwise you are getting 30 points of power for 15 points.

The 'all out attack' can be done as a psychological complication that only affects you when raging or berserk.

Christoper impairing rules are not tied to hit locations. You can use them seperately. And while you're right that a midsing limb will affect you ad in you can't use it, people havr been known to use broken limbs under rage/drugs and didnt knoe of the effects after its out of their system.

I think you are mistaken about the rules not being tied to hit locations.  6E2 pg 111, under both impairing and disabling sections, the first paragraph says "You can use this optional rule in conjunction with the Hit Location optional rule."  You might be thinking of Wounding which isn't tied to hit locations.

I like the multipower idea a lot, although I have issues over the build: I don't think you can apply the limitation to the pool otherwise you are getting 30 points of power for 15 points.

The 'all out attack' can be done as a psychological complication that only affects you when raging or berserk.

The limitation is only a guess given No Conscious Control is a -2 limitation.  Your GM may reduce the value to 1/2 which may be more reasonable in a Heroic level game.  Personally, I'd think the -1 Lim is fair since, they can't control where slot goes, but then again I mostly do Champions in modern day and it is a large point deduction.