Anyone running a Cannon Champions game ?

Basic204

Even games with Strong Canon like D&D Forgotten Realms or Pathfinder's Golarion tend to be changed by GM's somewhat. I sometimes run 6e Canon Champions Universe. I sometimes run Canon Champions New Millenium (The CU from the 90's)

As a GM, I've had characters I wanted to fire out of a cannon. I also had a character who took, "Artillery" as a Weapons Element in a ranged martial art.  :snicker:

I don't think I've ever played in a completely-canon Champions Universe game, though. There's always been some element of customization.

Do you have a game I can play in then ?

I will be starting one in July(ish). Face to Face game in Fremont, CA. It's a game based off the Plot Point Campaign for Savage Worlds called "Necessary Evil" where the PC's are mid power supervillains who are the only ones left to fend off an Alien Invasion. I'll post something more about it just before I start the game.

Beyond that there are Champions Games going on Hero Central (Play by post).

Do you have a game I can play in then ?

I do it's online though at HC two of them  in fact. In TEAM ALPHA I've got some players and a co GM so I might close the game to those players.

The Court Of dreams however is open for some players who might be interested in it. If You want to play a mystic or  a Magical Girl Check it out why don't you?

There are a lot of gray areas and contradictions in the 6th Ed Champions canon, many of which were Cryptic's "fault" when it bought the IP and started cobbling together pieces from past editions without strict quality control (try making sense out of post-Battle of Detroit Doctor Destroyer, Shadow Destroyer, and Gigaton's personal timelines). Still, that's totally in keeping with the continuity problems in both Marvel and DC's respective continuities, so its not all bad.

I love fitting together pieces of pre-existing continuities, and Champions Universe has some great stuff to work with.