Intoxication

Armitage

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A while back, on the old boards (when I was but a lurker), someone posted a thread titled "Drunken, But Not A Master." IIRC, Wormhole and some of the others came up with a set of rules for drinking and drunkenness that were workable. I've been unable to find the old thread, not even using the Way Back Machine, sadly. Incidentally, the rules Wormhole and the others came up with on that thread had a lot in common with those Sean posted here.

• 10 months later...

A while back, on the old boards (when I was but a lurker), someone posted a thread titled "Drunken, But Not A Master." IIRC, Wormhole and some of the others came up with a set of rules for drinking and drunkenness that were workable. I've been unable to find the old thread, not even using the Way Back Machine, sadly. Incidentally, the rules Wormhole and the others came up with on that thread had a lot in common with those Sean posted here.

Could it be....that Sean is really Wormhole!?

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary has never seen them together

I'd always handled Intoxication as a subjective roleplaying thing, where people with low CONs (and/or appropriate Complications) get more drunk more quickly than characters with high CONs (to include CON bought only to resist Intoxication), and let my players have fun with the rest. I really like Sean's idea tho, and may crib it if I ever wind up running a game where drinking & carousing feature more prominently. I definitely like the idea of buying alcohol resistance as Resistance instead of Limited CON, since I've never really used CON Rolls apart from maybe "roll vs. puking."

• 1 month later...

Would Power Defense play into resisting intoxication? There are examples of Power Defense used to resist chemicals/drugs and radiation. I took it as Power Defense helps resist any Drain- or Transform-like effects involved from substances.

I certainly think it Could, or you could buy Resistance, Poorly thought out drunk desisions...?