I need a new name...

Dr. MID-Nite

I've used said villain once myself. I hate that name for the character too -- very misleading IMHO.

I called him Impius (IM-pee-us), a play on both "imp" (mischievous demon or spirit) and "impious" (irreverent or blasphemous). It sounds and feels similar to "incubus," but with an entirely different meaning.

Troublemaker would be a good name for--a troublemaker.

Mr. Ridiculous could be a good name, as would Mr. Mischief.  Either one makes the character sound innocuous--until he starts being otherwise.

Same for Hanky-Panky.  Go ahead--make fun of his name.  Others have lived to regret that mistake.

Hope that helps.

I never knew there was an official Champions character named Incubus.

I gather he's designed to be an annoying gremplin or imp type but difficult to eliminate?

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary asks if he likes to sit on the chests of sleeping people and keep them from breathing

The Incubus claims to be the Devil of an alternate world where the dominant society stresses seriousness, responsibility, and conformity. As the antithesis of that, Incubus is committed to spreading chaos through practical jokes and pranks; but since he's the embodiment of Evil for that world, his "pranks" are cruel and malicious. Incubus found the people of that world too boring, though, so he travels to others that are more entertaining. (If one believes the Incubus's story.)

Incubus is a close analogue for Mr. Myxyzptlk. He has great power to alter reality, and is very hard to hurt. He also has a similar style and sense of "humor." (BTW Istvatha V'han placed a big bounty on his head -- Incubus has disrupted her empire numerous times.)