A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Guest Worldmaker

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

For some reason something I haven't thought about in years came to me while I was in the shower once.

The first job I took coming right out of the army was a position with a concert/celebrity appearance promoter as a bodyguard/limo driver.

Most of the celebrities I met through this job (and I've met a goodly number) turned out to fall into two categories: total schmucks or total princes. The former seemed to me to enjoy causing misery in others, while the latter would give you the clothes off one's back if you needed it.

Some of the Princes:

Michael Chriton

Neil Gaiman

Gilbert Gottfried

Stephen King

Al Pacino

Steven Spielburg

Patrick Stewart

Eddie Van Halen

Whil Weaton

Some of the Schmucks:

CJ Cherryh

Sean Connery

Michael Eisner

Mick Jagger

Val Kilmer

George Lucas

Todd MacFarlane

Eddie Murphy

One last hurdle, baby, and that house is MINE ALL MINE! MWA-HA-HAAA!!!

The home inspection is Wednesday. I've got the official New Jersey Home Inspection Nazi himself doing the inspection. He told me it'll take close to four hours - termites, radon, soil plug, the works. My fingers, toes, and nose hairs are crossed.

All goes well, and there's nothing left to stop me now. --Insert Dr. Evil laugh here--

That, and the Red Sox sweeping the Yankees has me all fired up this morning. :D:D:D:D

Guest Worldmaker

I'm not going to play in the political discussions anymore. There's no point. Trebuchet and I will yell at each other to no good result. Thrakazog and I will yell at each other to no good result. Seenar will make an ass out of himself, and then I'll make an ass out of myself pointing out how much of an ass he's being.

Its just no fun anymore. I've got better things to do with my time.

Is it too much to ask for to want windshield wipers that actually work?! It seem no matter how frequently I replace the bloody things, in short order, they end up leaving a streak right smack in the dead center of my field of vision! I clean the blades, I scrape of the windshield with a razor, yet those futher muckin' streaks keep getting in my way!

I appear to be in "rant" mode today...

[rant]

OK, so I post a question to the Q & A thread, a questions where there is a set choice of answers. Then somsone comes along and either choses "neither" or "both". Am I the only one who gets irritated by this? I left the question with a finite set of choices for a reason! Unless "both, all or neither" are one of the options, or nless the question is open ended, you are supposed pick just one of the options! That is what makes the question interesting. If you simply can't decide from the options available, let someone else answer the flippin' thing who can do it properly.

[/rant]

Two cupboards fell off my kitchen wall tonight, after staying up for over 5 years. My tinned and dried goods were alright, but I've lost some 80% of my crockery and glassware. I'm p****d. Oh, and this is a really dumb place to post this tale of woe, since by the thread rules, no one can reply with sympathy and/or humour... D'oh, there's always the musing about musings if anyone gives a damn! ;)

Last Thursday and Friday, Kee and I took off from work and just took the whole weekend for ourselves.

The weekend was really a lot of fun. We hemmoraged money all over the place, and it will take a while to recover from it, but we did have fun doing it.

It was a good weekend.

Now, it's Monday. And I feel like crap.

Maybe it's the rain, but I just feel drained and fed up with trying to please other people. I just don't have the energy right now.

Doc

Here I thought I wasn't in the mood or mind-set to do any writing. So I start perusing a message board for the Dueling Forum now that it has finally left AOL, and I'm reading a storyline going on in Twilight Island (a setting I created for a game I created) I had just told people I wasn't sure how or when I'd be able to contribute. Next thing I know, I've got a two-page post up there.

Guest Worldmaker

Air conditioner repairmen who take 20 minutes to make the fix and only charge $60 for it all are like saints among men. Especially here in Florida.

Man, tomorrow is going to suck and blow (simultaneously) like there's no tomorrow. And yes, I know that doesn't make sense. But neither does the moronic project that I have to do, and that is undoubtadly going to keep me up ridiculously late (more likely, early). And I'm so tired I thought I spelled "undoubtably" wrong, so I opened up a word document to check, but it wasn't wrong. And I'm babbling.

Well, I have the joy of supporting the Pharmacy applications at the hospital for the next week by myself. With the Emergency Department of the new hospital opening up during that time. Kind of a positive/negative thing. My boss is confident enough with my knowledge of systems I've only been working with for 5 months that he's willing to take time off while a fairly important department in the new hostpial opens up. On the other hand, I've got to deal with making sure that everything goes smoothly with the pharmacy systems integrating into the new ED without having a backup. There are times that 5 months seems like a great deal of time; this isn't one of them.

Guest Worldmaker

What is it with some people? "My statement not only does not contradict your statement, it agrees with it. But you're still not only wrong, you're delusional."

Christ on a crutch, its enough to get me drinking again.