You've got a way to keep me on your side

You give me cause for love that I can't hide

For you I know I'd even try to turn the tide

Because you're mine, I walk the line

I keep a close watch on this heart of mine

I keep my eyes wide open all the time

I keep the ends out for the tie that binds

Because you're mine, I walk the line

If you look, the man in black doth protest too much. I understand his predicament.

Reasons I'm glad I'm not a tree

Just a few reasons I'm glad I'm not a tree...

Don't have to rely on the wind to have sex.

A heavy rain won't cause my sexual organs to end up on the ground.

If I have wood, no one is going to come around and kill me to get at it.

Don't have to be naked all winter long.

My limbs don't snap off in dry weather.

Have to touch my partner to have sex.

If I don't like the scenery, I can relocate.

My feet are not a urinal.

No one comes around to drain off my blood to pour over waffles and pancakes.

Lumber is a verb, not a funerary preparation.

If I fall in the woods and no one else is around, I make a heck of a lot of noise. It usually continues after I get up.

Woodpeckers.

Doc

Re: Reasons I'm glad I'm not a tree

I just caught, literally, like the last minute or two of some documentary that was about Oliver, the primate that we know little about but acts so human. I wish I had seen the rest of it, will have to seek it out later. He's so fascinating.

And a reminder of the moral repugnancy at times of my own toleration for primate eperimentation.

Anyway, it's amazing how Oliver had a rough life but now at least has it decent. Poor guy, but he's gotten out of his rough spot. I wonder what he thinks? What were his parents? How ALONE is he? He's the only thing like him. At the end of the show there was sentence where someone was saying how it's rough enough in this life as one who is different is (I don't recall the precise word now) tormented or such. And then he adds how Oliver is really different, different from everyone and everything.

Imagine!

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

This is a different musing than the one I lost so that space remains reserved above...

I was just thinking how tough it is to be a vegetarian (not me, but an acquaintance at work is for religious reasons) here in the Upstate of SC. The local Subway doesn't offer actual gardenburgers. The restaurant close to work has no real veggie dish and when they improvise it's skimpy - AND THEY THREW MEAT INTO THIS VEGETARIAN'S RICE AND VEGGIE DISH?!?!

That and just in general - food cooked in lard more here, all that

Not anything against the region, just culture. But it is brutal on vegetarians. We had another friend when we used to live here who was a vegetarian as well, it was hard to find places to eat sometimes.

"Coppertone wants everyone to be smart about the sun," or whatever phrase. Oh, yeah, I know, it's because they're so concerned about us they advertise, it's really a public service, I do so hope those ads count towards the FCC public service time for the station...

Need to vent to here I am in the Musings thread.

My wife it seems is not geared to be a mom. She is great with the kids we have, but the pregnancy thing kicks her ass.

Our twins were born 2 months early, she was on bed rest for two months and spent the last month of the pregnancy IN the hospital on so many drugs her liver was seriously injured. (she's ok now...livers heal.)

Now, through some miracle or curse she is pregnant, NATURALLY. We had tried for years and ultimtely went to IVF in the States. Then she turns up ashen in January and says we are going to be parents again. Shock! But We are cool with it, estactic even.

Now, the problems are starting again. She is 20 weeks along and her Amniotic Fluids are low (03%) and she is on bedrest. She is stressing because she is supposed to start a class for our next tour this summer, and she is worried about the baby and just wants to curl up on her left side and cry. I can understand that.

Karma sucks!

Hawksmoor

Well, I didn't think it would happen, but after looking at another dozen houses I did find one that I liked better than the last one. It's a center-hall colonial in Navesink, NJ, and it's perfect. We're under contract and the home inspection is tentatively scheduled for Saturday. I've got my fingers crossed, but unlike the last inspection nightmare where the house was built in 1954, this one was built in 1996. I expect it to go fairly well.

I'm still nervous as heck about it, but... a closet of my very own! More than one bathroom! Grass! Green, wonderful grass! And I shall mow that grass! Yes! I shall give up my Saturday golfing so that I may mow the lawn and trim the hedges and --

Um...waitaminute...

Have I mentioned recently how horrid traffic is in the greater DC area? I left 15 minutes early for work, I was was STILL 45 minutes later than I wanted to be. Two friggin' hours in the car to make a drive that normally takes just under an hour in normal rush-hour traffic, or 30 minutes with none.

Guest Worldmaker

Reasons I Love Being a Chef (#1 in a Probable Series): While other "Appreciation Days" feature hotdogs, baked beans, and so on, all supplied by the employer, I had a smoked duck breast sandwich, asparagus salad, and an ear of smoked, barbecued corn.

Don't see much of that stuff in your average office party.

Yes things were fun today

AALKESJG:PJES;otakjgoijepy]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]spoihyukrewaqjuvth

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH

I HATE PEOPLE!

Well except you guys.

What is so f*****g hard about picking up a phone?

Why did they screw up that process (not to be named) so badly and THEN MAKE IT WORSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????/

Why cna some people only express requirements verbally and one at a time?

Why - why why why!?

ARALKRJAKREKGSJL

OBjectively speaking, though this is not good, it's not truly that bad. No sympathy is needed, just a crappier day than has been in the go-live process. But that was inevtiable, big system, big change. And too many stupid people makes it a worse receipe. No not really, most are not stupid, but some I truly believe are being lazy and others are not thinking things through and others seem to have no sense of priority. Would be easier to manage if there in the central office, which I will be this weekend/next week.

Guest Worldmaker

Reasons I Love Being a Chef (#2 in a Series): You would not believe how much better the service is when the people running the restaurant know you're in the business too.