A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

Thank you, O Hero Board staff, for selecting a font where one can tell "1" from "l" from "I" at a glance, without selecting and copy-pasting the text into another window where you can make that distinction.

Unlike too damn many other sites I end up going to.

I woke up at 10 AM this morning, revamped 4 Champions Characters wrote from scratch 3 more, complete with back grounds, posted them all and now... it's 9pm

This feels better and more productive than a whole day at work.

Yay Hero! :)

Looks like the chance of a repeat of last year's monster hurricane season is diminishing. The thermal state of the Pacific seems to be shifting hard out of near-neutral toward El Nino conditions. An observed (but not understood) correlation exists between El Niño/Southern Oscillation (ENSO) status and Atlantic hurricane tracks, with the result that during El Nino conditions, the hurricanes tend not to make landfall on the continental United States. (Last year we had near-neutral conditions; the other state is La Nina.)

This is my site of choice for ENSO condition monitoring.

While my kids are at camp for a week, we've been re-doing my son's bedroom. I don't know which is worse: my carpentry or my wife's painting skills. The scary part is that skill-wise I think we did the division of labor optimally.