A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

A few things that need to be said to a bunch of people at work:

1) No I will be so thankful you showed up that you don't have to follow the rules. That is part of your job.

2) I'm not sorry you actually have to work and can't chat with freinds or sleep.

3) Payday is Friday. Why are you asking on Wednesday how much you got paid?

4) If you don't like working here, get another job! stop saying the place should change to YOUR expectations, when you where told exactly how it would be when you hired on.

I finally picked up the 25th Anniversary DVD of the Blues Brothers.

The scenes added in the first half of the movie could have been left out. The scenes added in the second half (especially the full song of Minnie The Moocher) are spectacular and should never have been left out in the first place.

I remember seeing many of the scenes years ago, probably in a Director's Cut or some such - such as the expanded street scene outside the Soul Food Cafe with John Lee Hooker.

Also got the wife to watch it (we watched the Theatrical Release instead of the Extended Version) and she admitted that yes it truly was a funny movie. And she finally gets a bunch of the stuff I do and say.

We also picked up and watched Mirror Mask, an excellently surreal movie written by Neil Gaimen. I recommend it to everyone.

Wow. It's gonna be a good day.

My co-worker is out; she's riding along in a golf cart (having a few drinks I would imagine) at a golf tourny put on by her hubby. So I get to take twice as long on invoiving (yay!) and do less work today. :P

Also, my boss will be headed back down to Children's Hospital after a while to see her son. (He's got some kind of infection; the blood culture came back and the infection is in his blood. They don't know, however, if the infection was in his blood and spread to his butt cheek or in his butt cheek and spread to his blood. Poor kid. My parents and I are going down to see him this evening.)

It appears the VP will be leaving early as his RV is in the parking lot.

And the President hardly ever stays past noon. So, the office could be very quiet come 1pm. But that's a yay thing. Cause then I can do no work at all and not get caught doing no work. :D

The rivers will run red with the blood of my enemies, the tears of their widows shall make as unto a sea, and my name will be spoken with whispers full of thunderous dread! Woe betide those who would oppose me, for my cause is just, and my hyperbole wanes not!

Okay, that IS sort of fun.

Josh and I sometimes are reluctant to speak to our next-door neighbor, because he has a very thick southern accent, and we sometimes only catch every other word he says. This leads to a lot of conversations that go:

He says something.

Me: "I'm sorry, I didn't quite catch that."

He repeats himself.

Me: "One more time?"

So I had quite the laughing fit today, when Josh returned from a conversation with him, bemused. He said that our neighbor had told him that, he'd ask other residents on the street if they were having the same problem we were, except that he couldn't understand a word half of 'em were saying.

:rofl: