College Football 2017-2018

NC Men's Basketball sells more stuff than any other program in the sport, with arch-rivals Duke a close second. Naturally that did not enter into the decision at all.

As someone who lives in VA, and remember when the scandal started coming out, it began with the mediocre football squad they have.  I'm sure with the basketball team they looked the other way as much as possible.  As for Duke, half the reason I even realize they have a football team is because my dad has a friend whose son (who was 3 grades below me) was on the team.  I don't think they ever won more than 2 games in his 4 years there.

Yeah, the only people hurt here were the student athletes and they were at least partially complicit. Money usually wins over integrity as the numbers involved grows larger.

Well, a coach that gets caught in mess like this, will just jump off the train and go to some other school and leave the students with the mess.

So #2 Clemson loses their starting quarterback, and then loses a road game to Syracuse. Who do I have to cheer for now to beat Alabama?

Please tell me it's not USC.

Auburn are probably your best odds to beat them.

Perhaps sacrifice to the same dark gods Saban does? ;)

Now, you could always root for former Wisconsin head coach Brett Bielema's Arkansas Razorbacks to have the upset of the century.

Now there's another coach you could ask if jumping ships has worked out.  Going from the biggest fish in the small pond of the Big Ten West, to a team other than Alabama in the SEC.  Eh, maybe he just doesn't like snow. :)

So Mississippi state was favored by 24 in today's game. To absolutely nobody's surprise, BYU failed to cover the spread.

Now BYU enters tournament mode. The rest of their season is effectively a single elimination tournament to make it to the postseason. Lose one, and they're out. The good news for BYU is that none of their remaining opponents has a winning record. (Of course BYU doesn't have a winning record either, obviously.) The bad news is four of the six games are on the road, including road games on both coasts. It will be interesting to see how things all shake out--assuming they don't lose next week and end the suspense prematurely.

Denial? Well, just as long as you don't let your spirit get crushed next week.

I've been a Denver Broncos fan since the mid-70s. I've seen them lose five Super Bowls, each loss more embarrassing than the last.

For me, seeing a team I like do poorly isn't soul-crushing. It's just another day at the office.

I've been a Denver Broncos fan since the mid-70s. I've seen them lose five Super Bowls, each loss more embarrassing than the last.

For me, seeing a team I like do poorly isn't soul-crushing. It's just another day at the office.

"My name is Cancer, and I'm a Seattle Mariners fan."

Though, for argument sake, what kind of QB/WR recruits are they getting, I dont know enough about the West Coast.

Like I said, Riley was a good recruiter with a Pro System. He has 3 alum QBs in the NFL  and sent plenty of receivers as well Chad Johnson, TJ Hushmanzadeh (spelling) recently and current receivers Brandin Cooks, Markus Wheaton, and Victor Bolden Jr.

Anderson couldn't recruit to save his job. 

Yeah, the Royals are pretty lucky with WS wins compared to other expansion teams.  (actually their 2 WS victories is tied for most, with Mets, Blue Jays and Marlins, I think).  But, we have to deal with 30 years without hope, at least the Mariners would make the playoffs now and again, or get close.

Note: Luckily, for us Royal fans we got to have about 15 years with absolute village idiots running the GM office.  the first one would do little things like refuse to make a trade of a reliever, then cut the same player 3 days later, and the latter was best known for trading a 30 HR guy even up for a poor hit/mediocre field SS.