College Football 2017-2018

*smacks Marcus*

Baseball is my sport.

(though since we are supposed to like too many strikeouts and pitching changes, it isnt going in the right direction)

Edit:  Though ironically, the 2 complaints about baseball are time, and low scoring, yet the 2 football sports, soccer has less scoring, and American football games last even longer.  Yet, no complaints.

If auto racing was what it was in its origin, about technological superiority in contests between machines, rather than being a goofy sort of professional wrestling between prima donnas in Chevys all identical but the paint, I might watch it. As it has developed, literally the last auto race I paid attention to was the 1967 Indy 500.

If auto racing was what it was in its origin, about technological superiority in contests between machines, rather than being a goofy sort of professional wrestling between prima donnas in Chevys all identical but the paint, I might watch it. As it has developed, literally the last auto race I paid attention to was the 1967 Indy 500.

Well, that's NASCAR for you.  Formula One is somewhat closer to what you're talking about, but you run into the problem that since somewhere in the last quarter of the 20th century, technological superiority pretty much means whoever want to pay the most just wins.

Another argument is that oval tracks are rather boring in general; road courses, where you can turn left AND right, and even have hills, are more interesting since they can break up the pack better.

But having said that, I'd much rather spend time on Formula De. :)

Back to handegg: BYU is a 7.5 point dog at home against Boise State tonight. The Cougars are in danger of losing 5 straight for the first time since 1970--two years before LaVell Edwards began his legendary career.

As of last night, they still haven't announced who will start at QB.

Louisville lost to NC State last night. Lady P lived in Lexington for five years, so several of her friends were expressing their satisfaction on the Book of Face last night.

(Of course, Louisville's got bigger problems than their football team right now....)

Back to handegg: BYU is a 7.5 point dog at home against Boise State tonight. The Cougars are in danger of losing 5 straight for the first time since 1970--two years before LaVell Edwards began his legendary career.

As of last night, they still haven't announced who will start at QB.

Perhaps, they plan on holding a raffle, to pick their new one out of the student crowd.

Well, that's NASCAR for you.  Formula One is somewhat closer to what you're talking about, but you run into the problem that since somewhere in the last quarter of the 20th century, technological superiority pretty much means whoever want to pay the most just wins.

Another argument is that oval tracks are rather boring in general; road courses, where you can turn left AND right, and even have hills, are more interesting since they can break up the pack better.

But having said that, I'd much rather spend time on Formula De. :)

Being from the South, I've really only watched NASCAR.  Those Formula cars, well, all I can say is they look more like glorified go-karts, I'm kind of amazed anybody has survived a crash in one of those things, ever.

Of course speaking of crossover, most of the local NASCAR fans I know have taken to referring to Danica Patrick with the nickname they have given her......"Crash".

Louisville lost to NC State last night. Lady P lived in Lexington for five years, so several of her friends were expressing their satisfaction on the Book of Face last night.

(Of course, Louisville's got bigger problems than their football team right now....)

my co-worker is neighbor of the Adidas guy at the center of that scandal storm.

BYU had a good drive last night to open the game. (I was changing diapers at the time, so of course I missed it.)

Other than that, it was much like Rossini's description of Wagnerian opera: Great moments, but bad quarter-hours.

Next week: BYU goes for six straight in SEC country against Mississippi State!

Being from the South, I've really only watched NASCAR.  Those Formula cars, well, all I can say is they look more like glorified go-karts, I'm kind of amazed anybody has survived a crash in one of those things, ever.

F1 cars are built to crash. More specifically, they are built so that the driver survives the crash while the car comes apart, They are surprisingly sturdy, but if the car gets into really serious trouble it will disintegrate around the cockpit. The driver can almost always climb out.

I watched the Singapore Grand Prix on tape delay last month and was astonished that the F1 cars were racing in pouring rain. I have never seen that happen in any other circuit. There were quite a few accidents, and a lot of general mayhem, but no driver casualties that required hospitalization.

A shame Adidas had to do that, mostly because I cant stand Nike.  (I generally wear Reeboks though, they seem to be the only ones that acknowledge that a person can have long feet that are also narrow.  Most Nike's I've had felt like shovels on my feet)

nike did it too, don't be ridiculous. The AAU system became a horrifying den of payoffs. Nike was subpoenaed the following day. We'll see how it shakes out.