D.C.'s Legends of Tomorrow

Cassandra

On 10/30/2018 at 12:56 PM, Cassandra said:

Tom Wilson makes a second appearance on DC's Legends of Tomorrow as a Government Official who oversees the budget for The Time Bureau and is also Nate's Father.  The team takes on an Evil Fairy Godmother in Salem.

So the Time Bureau's budget is $4.2 Billions a year and the U.S. Government wants to shut it down?  It's has time travel technology!  The Stargate Project cost $7.4 Billion a year in 1997 (that's $11.3 Billion Today!)

Rip gave them the time travel technology so no R&D costs, just construction, upkeep, and personnel.

And I can guarantee that if the country or planet were to be on the verge of being destroyed that the government would send in their own operatives to take over the Bureau, intending to using time travel to fix the problem regardless of what would happen to the timeline. Either that or they were intending on immediately "defunding the Time Bureau" as a way to put control of the technology into the hands of people who wouldn't use it ethically and were only stopped from doing that because they became aware of the continuing large-scale magical crisis which needs to be handled by the expendables of the Time Bureau staff.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/4/2018 at 1:05 PM, Cassandra said:

An Evil Doll!  The New Girl falls for a Monster!  The return of Professor Stein (sort of)!  Wow!

I think we are also seeing the start/continuation (depending how you look at it) of a bigger conflict between Nate and his Dad here regarding the usage of the captured monsters.

• 3 months later...
On 3/24/2019 at 9:41 PM, archer said:

Rumor around the industry is that both Legends and Arrow are cancelled after wrapping up their next season. But I don't know if that's set in stone or not.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!  (For Legends)

On 3/27/2019 at 12:57 PM, Cassandra said:

DC :Legends and Brooklyn Nine Nine are the only reasons I watch TV.

I love that Nine-Nine was picked up after being cancelled.  One of the few shows on TV that gets a literal LOL from me every episode.

I actually bailed on Arrow yesterday.  I was catching up on this season, watched two-and-a-half episodes in a row before I realized I wasn't being entertained anymore.  I was watching it just to have watched it.  It had become a slog.  I may tune in next season to see the final episodes but for now I'm done.  I'm this close to doing the same with Supergirl, it's become too CW for me.

4 hours ago, Armory said:

I love that Nine-Nine was picked up after being cancelled.  One of the few shows on TV that gets a literal LOL from me every episode.

I actually bailed on Arrow yesterday.  I was catching up on this season, watched two-and-a-half episodes in a row before I realized I wasn't being entertained anymore.  I was watching it just to have watched it.  It had become a slog.  I may tune in next season to see the final episodes but for now I'm done.  I'm this close to doing the same with Supergirl, it's become too CW for me.

Lex Luthor on Supergirl had added a lot and Jon Cryer is surprisingly good as Lex.